• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Confused and Losing Grip On Faith

A

Amadeus777

I was never the most solid christian, although I have been very vehement at times. Right now I am questioning my salvation and place in God's Kingdom. For a while now I've been considering turning to a new church, and right now I am feeling very drawn to becoming Eastern Orthodox. The problem is that this is tearing me apart. I don't know what's true anymore, and I feel like I have no fellowship with other christians. Most are either too ignorant or just don't want to have anything to do with me. I hate having such an open mind. I just need to feel peace again.

tj0316

Jan 23, 2005
Ellwood City, PA
✟168.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Politics
US-Republican
I would suggest that you look for a full gospel, spirit filled church in your area and give it a try. I have attended several churches and have never experienced the love and warmth in a body of Christ as I have at the church I now call home. The praise and worship is awesome and the teaching is beyond what I have ever experienced.
As for questioning your faith and your salvation, Dont fall into that trap. That is a lie right from the enemy. Believe what the Bible says about your salvation and never waver off of that Word. If you believe in your heart and confess with your mouth your sins and that Jesus is the Son of God and died for your sins and rose again, then you my brother are born again. Satan has come at me also with that lie that Im not truly saved and that there may not be a God but God has proven to me several times that He is for real and not just a fantasy.
If you have trouble finding a church please PM me and I will see what I can do to help you out.
God bless you brother,
TJ

Upvote 0

Sam Gamgee

Jan 17, 2005
New Hampshire, United States
Visit site
✟17,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think we all go through peaks and valleys.

And that's ok.

I think that questioning religion is a good thing. It shows that you have the ability to reason and to not trust everything you hear on "blind faith"

Faith in God is a beautiful thing, as long as you come to the table educated.

So, I say that you should follow this path you are on. And see where it takes you. Who knows, it may take you right back to the church.

Upvote 0

TheMainException

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2004
In my universe
✟19,228.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Dear brother....keep trying, you must find that peace in which you seek from above, not from around in the world.....take time to get within yourself and just listen to God....spend time in silence with him.....try this website.....http://www.jesuit.ie/prayer/ I hope that helps, it is just very awesome

Or...you can take a couple minutes everyday (I recommend both things actually) and repeat this phrase (first part on the breath in, second part on the breath out):
1. Lord Jesus Christ, son of God....
2. ...Have mercy on me, a sinner.

It really brings a peace to me that is just so incredible.......I highly recommend it.

Lauren

Upvote 0