Jahleel

Sep 19, 2012
UK
✟283.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Neither one. Christians go directly to Heaven since the atonement already occurred, and Paradise part of Sheol is emptied of Christians now. Sinners still go to Hades, and are spiritually tormented. At resurrection (which is during Second Coming), all bodies will be resurrected and made immortal, the righteous will inherit eternal life in Heaven, while the wicked will inherit eternal punishment in Gehenna (also known as Hell).

You got any biblical quotes to back this up or is it an opinion?

thanks

Upvote 0

Miss Elly

Miss Elly
Aug 24, 2009
Irving, Texas 75060
✟15,674.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The main reason I'm concerned is because I would like to know exactly what I'm saved from. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't I need to know exactly what Jesus saved me from for it to be proper salvation?

Lets say Hell was real, but I didn't believe in it. If I believed that Jesus saved me from ceasing to exist, I wouldn't be saved from Hell. I just wouldn't cease to exist.

Or what if Hell wasn't real, and I believed it in anyway. If I believed that Jesus saved me from going to Hell, I wouldn't be saved from ceasing to exist. I would just not go to Hell.

If hell is not real, why did God send His only Son to earth to suffer and die on the cross? He sent Him because man needed a savior. Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden and since that time, God had a plan for redeemption to restore man to himself and give him a future in heaven. Of course there is a real hell, common sense should show all you folks that. And it is mentioned over and over and over again in the bible. :preach:

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
If hell is not real, why did God send His only Son to earth to suffer and die on the cross? He sent Him because man needed a savior. Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden and since that time, God had a plan for redeemption to restore man to himself and give him a future in heaven. Of course there is a real hell, common sense should show all you folks that. And it is mentioned over and over and over again in the bible. :preach:
You are absolutely right. There is a hell that ultimately will be destroyed by fire. And again you're right, Jesus Christ did come to redeem us from that fire.

Upvote 0

rdcast

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
✟8,781.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Every part of us was created! The soul and spirit is designed in the likeness of God's soul and spirit.
"Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you." LEV. 26:11
“Behold, My Servant, whom I uphold;
My chosen one in whom My soul delights.
I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the nations." Is. 42:1
"But My righteous one shall live by faith;
And if he shrinks back, My soul has no pleasure in him." Heb. 10:38
“Behold, My Servant whom I have chosen;
My Beloved in whom My soul is well-pleased;
I will put My Spirit upon Him,
And He shall proclaim justice to the Gentiles." Matthew 12:18

No, a dead body still has a soul that is either in Hades (which will be destroyed in the Lake of Fire) or Heaven. At the resurrection, Christians will receive a new spiritual eternal body. Our spirits of course return to God but not those souls who have not been born again!

Adam and Eve were given a body, soul and spirit initially. The day they sinned, their spirits died, but they were still physically alive.

Correct, you understand part of it, yet your concept supporting "universalism" is wrong!

Spiritually dead! All unbelievers are spiritually dead. We are made alive in Christ by being born again! This is basic stuff Strangertoo!

Wrong again! All people have souls but lack the new spirit and the Holy Spirit as well.

You do not have understanding. I'm wondering if you actually have the Holy Spirit -- since He teaches the truth and counsels us. We do make mistakes, but you are off on the fringe with these interpretations. The word is spiritually discerned and you are not discerning it. You're confused, but think you got it ... which is why so many of us on in this forum try to correct your misunderstandings. Whatever church you are learning this stuff from? However, if you believe that Jesus died for your sins and rose on the third day according to the scriptures, follow Him, you will be saved and all this stuff will be sorted out later. You'll have this ah huh moment ...

Misinterpretation again! Judgment of the dead in Hades leads to the second death in the Lake of Fire! Read the verse in context.

"And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. 15 And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Does that sound like these folks are going to heaven???
Have YOU stopped sinning?

Upvote 0

AwakenedOne

Aug 29, 2012
✟7,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Neither one. Christians go directly to Heaven since the atonement already occurred, and Paradise part of Sheol is emptied of Christians now. Sinners still go to Hades, and are spiritually tormented. At resurrection (which is during Second Coming), all bodies will be resurrected and made immortal, the righteous will inherit eternal life in Heaven, while the wicked will inherit eternal punishment in Gehenna (also known as Hell).

You have openly contradicted yourself. You said, "Christians go directly to Heaven once they die and that paradise has been emptied of Christian" YET you also said contradicting that statement that "At resurrection, all bodies will be resurrected and made immortal, and the righteous will inherit eternal life.

The first part you said that Christians go directly to heaven once they die and then you turn around and say it is at the resurrection that Christian's go to heaven.

It is apparent that you are not quite sure what you believe and are going off of what you have heard(or read) rather than what you know from God.

Upvote 0

strangertoo

sin is diabolical abuse of fellow humans-1John 3:8
Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
If hell is not real, why did God send His only Son to earth to suffer and die on the cross? He sent Him because man needed a savior.

insightful ...Jesus' salvation of the many gentiles later in his kingdom come relies completely on hell and death freeing most men from sin [Rom 6:7] and 'queuing them up' so God can finally baptise all flesh [Joel 2:28] because death frees them from sin to be able to listen, to 'have ears to hear', unlike in this life where most refuse to stop sinning so they can receive grace ...so all are freed from hell and countless many saved by works [Rev 20:13, Rev 7:9-10] that simply would not happen without the temporary hell of scripture... also it gives the lie to the fake translation of the word root 'aion-' as 'eternal' when we get the word 'aeon' from it , a long time but not endless...

Adam sinned in the Garden of Eden and since that time,

the bible nowhere says Adam sinned , he only brought the knowledge of good and evil to mankind so all men are guilty when they sin, all sin is wilful

God had a plan for redemption to restore man to himself and give him a future in heaven.

God indeed has the perfect foolproof power Plan for progressive redemption of all creation, as promised by Jesus and laid out from the beginning ... e.g. Exodus 19:6 ... to show men that God declared the end from the beginning, is time-less ...

Of course there is a real hell, common sense should show all you folks that.

Hmmm... dunno what 'common sense' does that... plz explain

And it is mentioned over and over and over again in the bible.

but many of the words translated as 'hell' mean very different things from
'hades'/'sheol' , the words most often translated as 'hell' in KJV [and the mistranslation merely copied to many other bible versions]

also even hades/sheol is translated differently throught scripture in many places, such as as 'the grave', 'the pit' ... it is rather pathetic really...

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Have YOU stopped sinning?
That is for God to say, not me ... God is our judge on who stopped sinning [saint, 'wheat', believer] and who is still a sinner, 'tares', unbeliever ...needing more persuasion to try Love , cease all sinning in life...

but I find it strange indeeed that you do not realise that God's mercy endures to all folks and for all time, it does not end at judgement day even, let alone in this earth as some sinners bizarrely claim , condemning themselves[but God doesn't listen to sinners , fortunately for them]

Psalms 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

mercy is integral to Love, God's Love does not end at our first death... man is not prejudged by sin in this life , but freed from sin in death , all are freed from hell to be judged by works AFTER death frees them from sin [Rom 6:7, Rev 20:13]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gasman64

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
✟8,191.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

What??? :confused::confused::confused:

What book have YOU been reading? Paradise part of sheol? Paradise in a hole in the ground? I think not. Sinners get tormented in a hole in the ground? Perhaps by worms, but not by God. I sense a bucket load of personal rationalisation went into that belief. You should take up creative writing. You seem good at it. :cool:

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Jesus came to redeem us .. with .. that fire ..

for God is a consuming fire .

God redeems through the fire of conscience ... and not everyone even goes through sleep in death in 'hell' , but Jesus and most saints did/do ... and Jesus emerged with no sign or comment about being burned with any fire at all ... and scripture shows Satan is dead in hell, not running the 'place'

Solomon points out what is obvious really, the dead know NOTHING about being dead ... one wastes one's time flogging a dead horse or a dead man, but religion of sinners still flogs fake solutions to mythical 'eternal fires of hell' from Dante's fictional work... Jesus states that hell and death both END , no mention of any fire except the Truth of God about Love burning within in the conscience of sinners , a flaming sword in his mouth , the truth that most folks still sin against God and man ... Jesus came to eliminate all sin, destroy it... men even say they cannot stop sinning but that is a pathetic pretence which Jesus denies... nay guarantees that all will accept him as their king in his rule BY LOVE in the kingdom come to all men... but not in THIS world, in the new earth and heavens...

many folks are cremated,but that fire does not punish them or save them, and there is no indication in bible of fire in hades/sheol [the words most often , but unreliably, rendered as 'hell' in KJV]

tartarus is mentioned only once in the whole scripture , so cannot be considered , as all things must be established by two saints as witnesses - or better by waiting for spirit baptism after one stops sinning since we know the scripture is deliberately edited and mistranslated ...

'gehenna' , the Valley of the son of Hinnom, is the other word widely translated as 'hell' and that is a place of fire where the rubbish [and once the dead judged criminals ] was burned in Jerusalem , still its a rubbish tip , where priceless artefacts from the excavated second temple are dumped by the Arabs along with tons of earth from Temple Mount...

the only connection with scripture seems to be the final baptism of fire of those who resisted becoming loving trough two lives , two resurrections, having been freed from sin twice by death [Rom 6:7] and still sinned in Jesus' kingdom come in the new earth... they only need to choose Love in the final baptism and rely on the enduring mercy of God to all generations... that is what baptism of fire is, trial to perfect love, the fire of conscience finally completing its work - as Jesus promised all come to him eventually... takes a while with some...

Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
God redeems through the fire of conscience ... and not everyone even goes through sleep in death in 'hell' , but Jesus and most saints did/do ... and Jesus emerged with no sign or comment about being burned with any fire at all ...

many folks are cremated,but that fire does not punish them or save them, and there is no indication in bible of fire in hades/sheol [the words most often , but unreliably, rendered as 'hell' in KJV]

tartarus is mentioned only once in the whole scripture , so cannot be considered , as all things must be established by two saints as witnesses - or better by waiting for spirit baptism after one stops sinning since we know the scripture is deliberately edited and mistranslated ...

'gehenna' , the Valley of the son of Hinnom, is the other word widely translated as 'hell' and that is a place of fire where the rubbish [and once the dead judged criminals ] was burned in Jerusalem , still its a rubbish tip , where priceless artefacts from the excavated second temple are dumped by the Arabs along with tons of earth from Temple Mount...

the only connection with scripture seems to be the final baptism of fire of those who resisted becoming loving trough two lives , two resurrections, having been freed from sin twice by death [Rom 6:7] and still sinned in Jesus' kingdom come in the new earth... they only need to choose Love in the final baptism and rely on the enduring mercy of God to all generations... that is what baptism of fire is, trial to perfect love, the fire of conscience finally completing its work - as Jesus promised all come to him eventually... takes a while with some...

Revelation 5:13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

I had this thought .. that since the lake of fire is the presence of God.

and every thing he spoke forth will not come back to him "void"

this would then include those in the lake of fire .

now to everyone else .. it's paradise ..

but to those in the lake of fire it is hell .

so what makes it hell .

is sin.

now in the beginning God created the whole creation and it was "very pleasing" in his eyes.

and since we know from scripture . sin is characteristic of something that at very least does not please God .. then there was no sin in the beginning

so it is a mystery of where sin came from .

the lake of fire .. if it were to remove this corruptive entity that paul personifies . as the greek word that is translated as fire implies .. then they too would see paradise .

in the bible it is said judgement begins with the house of God and seems to imply .. it's the same process. take your medicine now or later type deal.

So at the end of that long thought process .. what if it was "forever" but somewhere along the line .. God's presence purified them? they no longer clinged to sin? and forever .. they're in the presence of this consuming fire .. but now they too see this new world .. as the King says from the throne .. look .. i've made everything new!

so even if the lake of fire is eternal .. it doesn't mean the torment is .
because you know God .. all those pesky mercy verses? all those exhortations to be merciful as God is more merciful than you can imagine? etc etc.. hey eternal torment for a brief period of iniquity .. the punishment does not fit the crime, it all points to people's hearts making it up.

People are basically unmerciful, today the mercy verses make many Christians uncomfortable .. because if God is like that .. they have to be like that .. people believe in eternal torment for the simple reason .. they don't want to forgive people.

Upvote 0

gasman64

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
✟8,191.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
God redeems through the fire of conscience ... and not everyone even goes through sleep in death in 'hell' , but Jesus and most saints did/do ... and Jesus emerged with no sign or comment about being burned with any fire at all ... and scripture shows Satan is dead in hell, not running the 'place'

Solomon points out what is obvious really, the dead know NOTHING about being dead ... one wastes one's time flogging a dead horse or a dead man, but religion of sinners still flogs fake solutions to mythical 'eternal fires of hell' from Dante's fictional work... Jesus states that hell and death both END , no mention of any fire except the Truth of God about Love burning within in the conscience of sinners , a flaming sword in his mouth , the truth that most folks still sin against God and man ... Jesus came to eliminate all sin, destroy it... men even say they cannot stop sinning but that is a pathetic pretence which Jesus denies... nay guarantees that all will accept him as their king in his rule BY LOVE in the kingdom come to all men... but not in THIS world, in the new earth and heavens...

Wow. That's very good Stranger. And non-ranting...lol :cool:

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
I had this thought .. that since the lake of fire is the presence of God.

and every thing he spoke forth will not come back to him "void"

this would then include those in the lake of fire .

now to everyone else .. it's paradise ..

but to those in the lake of fire it is hell .

so what makes it hell .

is sin.

now in the beginning God created the whole creation and it was "very pleasing" in his eyes.

and since we know from scripture . sin is characteristic of something that at very least does not please God .. then there was no sin in the beginning

so it is a mystery of where sin came from .

the lake of fire .. if it were to remove this corruptive entity that paul personifies . as the greek word that is translated as fire implies .. then they too would see paradise .

in the bible it is said judgement begins with the house of God and seems to imply .. it's the same process. take your medicine now or later type deal.

So at the end of that long thought process .. what if it was "forever" but somewhere along the line .. God's presence purified them? they no longer clinged to sin? and forever .. they're in the presence of this consuming fire .. but now they too see this new world .. as the King says from the throne .. look .. i've made everything new!

so even if the lake of fire is eternal .. it doesn't mean the torment is .
because you know God .. all those pesky mercy verses? all those exhortations to be merciful as God is more merciful than you can imagine? etc etc.. hey eternal torment for a brief period of iniquity .. the punishment does not fit the crime, it all points to people's hearts making it up.

People are basically unmerciful, today the mercy verses make many Christians uncomfortable .. because if God is like that .. they have to be like that .. people believe in eternal torment for the simple reason .. they don't want to forgive people.

very insightful, and much of this is stated in scripture , worth a read perhaps :) ... the lake of fire is represented by the valley of the son of Hinnom, where the rubbish an dead criminals were burned outside the gates of Jerusalem, 'gehenna' [in transliteration] is translated as 'hell' in many bible translations, but it has nothing to do with 'hades' or 'sheol' which the sinners who translated the bible chose to render as 'hell' too , just to confuse folks as that's what sinners do for Satan their master :-

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

mass religion of sinners is thus simply covert Satanism , but with the twist that one calls what one worships 'God' and 'Christ' ... this then is the religion of the antichristos [one in place of Christ] which will engulf the whole world, already is...

and just as Hitler wrote and said, if you want folks to believe something false , make the lie BIG and say it openly ,with authority, over and over -and men will believe it because it is familiar...

Vicarius Filii Dei means 'in place of the son of God', as if Jesus needed anyone in his place [he states in scripture not even Peter would take his place, but that doesn't stop saying that Peter, crucified by Rome, gabe tem a power he never had]

Vicarius Filii Dei sums to 666 in Latin numerals... and all popes claim to be the antichrist explicitly, it is their title , excepting only that 'antichristos' is the Greek for 'in place of Christ'

by saying it openly that Roman popes/emperors stand in place of Jesus who states he alone will run HIS church of saints, no-one but saints believes it ... the worldwide church of sinners of Satan is steadily established by the BIG lie on authority of its fake god... Rev 13:3-4

then, when sure of itself, it rewrites as much scripture of saints as it can get away with and ignores the rest in traditions of men, even banning men from reading scripture until men begin to see the trick in that ... only a very recent change despite that God states that He alone will teach all who are His.... they will not teach one another [but only teach sinners how one gets spirit baptism by ceasing sinning to begin Loving instead]

Even Satan was created perfect and becomes a man [Ezek 28] ,sin then is not inherent in men as many sinners teach , but no saints teach it... for saints know God, sinners cannot know God and Jesus until they stop sinning, for God is Love ...

men get conned into sin by fake promises that it is great, but i fact it is empty, leads to misery eventually and then death to remove it Rom 6:7 if one refuses to stop and receive graceful forgiveness of PAST sin [normally ONCE ONLY, because if one accepts Jesus and then rejects him to sin again, what can God do to persuade one , one has turned one's nose up at Jesus and chosen Satan as lord... death is the only way back left...

Upvote 0

gasman64

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
✟8,191.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
very insightful, and much of this is stated in scripture , worth a read perhaps :) ... the lake of fire is represented by the valley of the son of Hinnom, where the rubbish an dead criminals were burned outside the gates of Jerusalem, 'gehenna' [in transliteration] is translated as 'hell' in many bible translations, but it has nothing to do with 'hades' or 'sheol' which the sinners who translated the bible chose to render as 'hell' too , just to confuse folks as that's what sinners do for Satan their master :-

1 John 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil

John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

mass religion of sinners is thus simply covert Satanism , but with the twist that one calls what one worships 'God' and 'Christ' ... this then is the religion of the antichristos [one in place of Christ] which will engulf the whole world, already is...

and just as Hitler wrote and said, if you want folks to believe something false , make the lie BIG and say it openly ,with authority, over and over -and men will believe it because it is familiar...

Vicarius Filii Dei means 'in place of the son of God', as if Jesus needed anyone in his place [he states in scripture not even Peter would take his place, but that doesn't stop saying that Peter, crucified by Rome, gabe tem a power he never had]

Vicarius Filii Dei sums to 666 in Latin numerals... and all popes claim to be the antichrist explicitly, it is their title , excepting only that 'antichristos' is the Greek for 'in place of Christ'

by saying it openly that Roman popes/emperors stand in place of Jesus who states he alone will run HIS church of saints, no-one but saints believes it ... the worldwide church of sinners of Satan is steadily established by the BIG lie on authority of its fake god... Rev 13:3-4

then, when sure of itself, it rewrites as much scripture of saints as it can get away with and ignores the rest in traditions of men, even banning men from reading scripture until men begin to see the trick in that ... only a very recent change despite that God states that He alone will teach all who are His.... they will not teach one another [but only teach sinners how one gets spirit baptism by ceasing sinning to begin Loving instead]

Even Satan was created perfect and becomes a man [Ezek 28] ,sin then is not inherent in men as many sinners teach , but no saints teach it... for saints know God, sinners cannot know God and Jesus until they stop sinning, for God is Love ...

men get conned into sin by fake promises that it is great, but i fact it is empty, leads to misery eventually and then death to remove it Rom 6:7 if one refuses to stop and receive graceful forgiveness of PAST sin [normally ONCE ONLY, because if one accepts Jesus and then rejects him to sin again, what can God do to persuade one , one has turned one's nose up at Jesus and chosen Satan as lord... death is the only way back left...

And back with the rants....:cool:

Upvote 0

strangertoo

Nov 2, 2011
UK
Visit site
✟17,641.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Then what is God's soul? Is that God's "life" too?

God is not limited to the spirit. God has a soul to: Leviticus 26:11, Leviticus 26:30, Isaiah 42:1, Zechariah 11:8, Matthew 12:18, Hebrews 10:38.

Apart from poetic usage necessitated by the limitation that language almost always points at physical things, the only 'soul' of God is the sons of God , saints...

the 'life' of God similarly is physical only in the life of the sons of God, shown by their Love [no sin any longer]

the 'life' of the spirit is SEPARATE ['holy'] , inviolate endless existence without change which creates that which always ends , universes, people, whatever , all end as-it-were back where they came from , not physical, simply ONE endless spirit :-

Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

thus it would be wiser not to confuse 'life' which is based upon change, destruction [eventually entropic doom destroys it] , with endless existence of the spirit ...

put a different way, God CREATES space-time, the spirit is outside of time, unchanging endlessly perfect because of no change... everything created necessarily changes... 'life' creates some transient stabilities in the destruction of all energy to heat , but physical life cannot last [second law of thermodynamics] without a new universe :-

Isaiah 65:17 For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

but even a new lease of life is finite ... God clearly can and does create endlessly , but God makes the 'rules' ... the rule for these two creations is that all creation comes to Love through Jesus Christ , as in heaven so on earth the UNITY of ONE God shown by Love ... God requires it and creates time and universes to make it so ... none is there to stop it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There one life and one death and then the judgment. There is no soul sleep as some have interpreted. If you put your faith in Jesus, it means that you believe who He is and that He died on the cross and rose on the third day according to the scriptures. That's the good news. Since the wages of sin is death (physical and spiritual); He saved you from this judgment and has given you eternal life. Whether the second death in the Lake of Fire (which is Hell and btw, not Hades, since death and Hades are cast into the Lake of Fire and destroyed) is eternal or not, you are saved from this. Hades is where unbelievers go to wait for the final judgment. During the resurrection to life eternal, we receive new spiritual bodies. There is also a resurrection for the damned in which they will receive physical bodies once again to be thrown into the Lake and be destroyed.
Is the second death a deathless death? Has the word destruction somehow been assigned and endless state of indestructible destruction or imperishable perishing? Those are contradictions. I do believe to destroy means to put an end to and death can only mean the end of that person (both soul and body). However, traditional Christianity holds to and eternal damnation for which I have a problem with. How can God be glorified by sustaining billions of souls in a torture chamber for sinning for a few years or decades? It's like giving a child a life jail sentence for stealing a candy bar. God is just and will judge according to and in proportion to the sins committed. Besides, at the end of the Bible it states that all former things will pass away. No more death, tears, pain or suffering. This statement is not referring to our heavenly state -- that's obivious, so it must be a referrence to everyone and everything outside of Christ!

So then what happens to Christians right after they die?

Upvote 0

COG2013

Nov 5, 2012
Quartz Hill, Ca, USA
✟15,984.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Stuff that might be true about the afterlife.

1. You either go to Heaven or Hell right when you die.
2. You're asleep in the grave until judgement day, then you go to Heaven or Hell.
3. You're asleep in the grave until judgement day, then you get resurrected to live on the new earth or you go to hell.
4. You're asleep in the grave until judgement day, then you get resurrected to live on the new earth or you get annihilated.
5. Something else?

Please tell me about the two different things that can happen after death, because I'm super confused. Different people say different things. :/
Why would your eternal soul remain in a dead body in the ground? It makes no sense. The soul leaves the body immediately upon death. Within minutes , if you are born again, an Angel will come to escort you to heaven. You will be there in 20 minutes. If a person is being sent to hell, 2 demons will come to drag that soul down to hell.

But wait! Is there only 2 post death destinations for human souls? No - There are 3, and the 3rd is the Earth. The born Again get an express ticket to Heaven. The truly wicked are sent to hell - But who are the truly wicked? It IS NOT THOSE WHO DON'T KNOW JESUS. The wicked are people who have done much and serious harm to other people. Out of all the people who have died, the wicked number about 1 in 10,000. The spirits of all the others, who are not born again or wicked, remain on the earth till a later time when they will be allowed into Heaven.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So ANY doctrine derived from the Bible that most Christians agree on must therefore be Satanic? Interesting theory, but I can't agree.

I know this isn't really any of my business but I think what he meant was that just because a doctrine is commonly accepted, doesn't mean it's right. It doesn't mean it's wrong either, however.

Upvote 0

ssammoh

Just another kid
Aug 10, 2012
chicago
✟8,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's pointless. Believing one way or the other cannot affect the reality.[/COLOR]

I wouldn't say it's pointless. Believing or disbelieving in eternal torment can really change your life and affect how much somebody loves God.

Upvote 0