Concerning the second coming of Christ

caller_to_truth

Sep 10, 2004
In god's earth
✟1,125.00
Faith
Muslim
Islam and Christianity both beleive that Jesus is coming back. As a matter of fact No muslim is a proper believer if he does not beleive in this issue.Islam has full information passed down to the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH)and is clear
on concerning this issue so we don't need to go there.
There is one thing that has been at the back of mind for a while, since the Christians are waiting to for the christ to return what do the Christian Scriptures say about this issue.
1.There is no doubt that the book given to given it not in its original form Today there has been proof over this so this is not me saying but christian sources. SO what book will Jesus act upon and follow if his (original) words have been removed and others added.
2.Since Jesus was the one who brought the law in the gospel and that he came down not to change but Fulfill the law that was before him.Now when he will come back christians are not following his law but that of Paul.He did not eat pork but the christians do, he did not drink yet the christians do, he was not born on 25th december(christmas) the christians say he was.He fell on his face and paryed and the christians Kneel and follow a choir and an organ. So who's law will he follow.Will the law that Paul amended and introduced Have precedence over that of Jesus.Will he come down to follow the law of some one else who changed his law.
3.will he come back as a GOD if so he will come with a new book and a new set of law to abbrogate the ones Paul changed.If he will come down as God that means he will be following man made laws.Does it seem logical for a god to follow laws of man when he is the Law maker.
4. Do christians have a proper description of Jesushow he will lokk like and what if he is not what you have in the photos of him everywhere.
5.There will have to be an Anti christ.Who is he and what has been said about himin the texts.Again I want clear proof not just hearsay.
I would like to point out that I am not insulting any body's religion all I am doing is finding out about an issue so important in Christianity Cos God will comeback.yet so little information is given in the Bible about it.so many christians refer to christ coming back yet they know so little about the facts about the whats and hows of the issue.
Peace :D

Amalcas

Sep 26, 2004
✟449.00
Faith
Other Religion
The Bible records Christ drinking (though there were two words for wine, one to get drunk, and one to be sanitary, and Christ drunk the latter). Its basically known He wasn't actually born on December 25, it was just marked then to appeal to pagans. If you want to explore Biblical prophecies, then I'd recommend Thief in the Night: The case of the Missing Millennium to read. NOTE: It does provide a fulfillment of the prophecies in the latter half of the book. You have been so warned.
Don't think not much information is in the Bible about the Last Days. If you read it with that in mind, then you will find an incredible number of references scattered throughout it.

Upvote 0

caller_to_truth

Sep 10, 2004
In god's earth
✟1,125.00
Faith
Muslim
Amalcas said:
The Bible records Christ drinking (though there were two words for wine, one to get drunk, and one to be sanitary, and Christ drunk the latter). Its basically known He wasn't actually born on December 25, it was just marked then to appeal to pagans. If you want to explore Biblical prophecies, then I'd recommend Thief in the Night: The case of the Missing Millennium to read. NOTE: It does provide a fulfillment of the prophecies in the latter half of the book. You have been so warned.
Don't think not much information is in the Bible about the Last Days. If you read it with that in mind, then you will find an incredible number of references scattered throughout it.
Thanks for answering
i have read the bbile and other books from bible writyers nad commentators but never saw much on this issue yet it is an important Issue. i will check this bookyou mentioned
Peace :D

Upvote 0

Amalcas

Sep 26, 2004
✟449.00
Faith
Other Religion
*Shrug* People really just don't know:
12:8 And I heard, but I understood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shall be the end of these things? 12:9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.
(King James Bible, Daniel)
Pretty self explanatory: None may know (which translation, if any, is true) till it has passed.

Upvote 0

Eternal_Believer

My friend call me fanatic
Mar 2, 2004
✟272.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Caller give it up with your provocative words. Your never going to convince us of Islam or about this allah who actually is a demonic principality.

Your analogies are for the most part flawed and you being stiff-necked an stubborn, refuse to listen to explanations.

Quote on Caller: I would like to point out that I am not insulting any body's religion all I am doing is finding out about an issue so important in Christianity Cos God will comeback.yet so little information is given in the Bible about it.so many christians refer to christ coming back yet they know so little about the facts about the whats and hows of the issue.
Peace

If i reverse everything said in the quotation, THAT IS THE TRUTH

Upvote 0

Petr

Gnostic Christian
Sep 22, 2003
Brno
✟8,702.00
Faith
The second coming of the Messiah happens within PEOPLE'S HEARTS, what must the Elect do is to allow Him to come, pave His way, lose the selfish nature of their selves and give them selves fully to God. The same must have been done 2,000 years ago when Jesus came in physical body, who were the workers? A group of Jews calling themselves Nazarenes(a subsect of the Essenes), of whom Jesus the Nazarene came out.

For what is the prophecy? "He will come the same way He left", He left by the way of livining in people's hearts, and this has been passed from generation onto generation.

Upvote 0

ServantofTheOne

Aug 19, 2004
✟1,449.00
Faith
Muslim
"If he will come down as God that means he will be following man made laws.Does it seem logical for a god to follow laws of man when he is the Law maker."

this is very interesting to think about. what will be the response of secular governments around the world to the coming Jesus(pbuh). will they attempt to force Jesus(pbuh) to live under man made laws? or will secular governments abdicate authority and allow Jesus(pbuh) to be the ruler.

I think the secular governments will view His return as a threat and do whatever necessary to fight against him because they won't recognize who he is. They will reject him because the message that he preaches will be diametrically against everything secularism stands for.

The question now is will christians themselves recognize Jesus(pbuh), or will they go along with what their governments tell them.

Upvote 0

new_manII

Jun 10, 2004
Visit site
✟8,105.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Islam and Christianity both beleive that Jesus is coming back.
1- can you please, list the verses from quran that support that beleif???

As a matter of fact No muslim is a proper believer if he does not beleive in this issue.
are you sure?
Islam has full information passed down to the Prophet Mohamed (PBUH)and is clear on concerning this issue so we don't need to go there.
3- can you tell us Islam's full information about this issue .

Thanks

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's true that the Return of Christ has always been a controversial issue for most people...

I think both Moslems and Christians have similar prophecies that expect the return of Christ and likely when it happened they were not prepared for the Return and were looking for literal fulfillment of the prophecies instead of being truly spiritually prepared.

This is what happened at the advent of Jesus as well as Muhammad...in both cases you will find people scoffed and denied Them and attacked them... in the beginning a minority accepted Them and supported Their Cause.

Baha'is have longed believed that the Return of Christ has already happened with the advent of the Bab and His Declaration in 1844...

- Art

Upvote 0

new_manII

Jun 10, 2004
Visit site
✟8,105.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Hello Art
I think both Moslems and Christians have similar prophecies that expect the return of Christ and likely when it happened they were not prepared for the Return and were looking for literal fulfillment of the prophecies instead of being truly spiritually prepared.
and this is what I am asking.
can any muslim show us prophecies that expect the return of Christ from Quran?
thanks

Upvote 0

Eternal_Believer

Mar 2, 2004
✟272.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Jesus will come in All his glory and splendour with the heavenly hosts.

And this time when he comes, my Lord God Almighty will bow to no government.
And though the governments try to resist, They CANT.

Hes going to be scorned you say? Rejected? maybe i aint sure

But this time hes coming powerfully and hes not going to get beaten up etc

Hes gonna make sure the anti-christ spirit, and all who follows the son of perdition, reap the fruits of their iniquity.

And all will stand before God, you muslims too. will be judged and boy your gonna hate this allah principality that deceived you. Forget about the 72 virgins rofl your not gonna get it.

And furthermore you muslims live out your life not knowing if you'll go to heaven.
Quran says: This allah dude will weigh your good and bad deeds and if the good is heavier you get to Heaven.
So you wont know haha... pathetic way to live out your life. Trying by works to be saved and not being able to say with confidence "If i die, i will be in heaven with my Father/God". oh yea! theres Jihad. Instant ticket to heaven. or hell if you knew the truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
Eternal_Believer said:
And furthermore you muslims live out your life not knowing if you'll go to heaven.
Quran says: This allah dude will weigh your good and bad deeds and if the good is heavier you get to Heaven.
So you wont know haha... pathetic way to live out your life. Trying by works to be saved and not being able to say with confidence "If i die, i will be in heaven with my Father/God". oh yea! theres Jihad. Instant ticket to heaven. or hell if you knew the truth.
How can you be sure you're going to heaven? Tell me, did God or Jesus ever come down to earth and tell you that you were going to heaven or hell? You claim to be sure of a thing that concerns where you'll end up when your going to die, yet you don't even know what's going to happen to you tomorrow. What I'm trying to get at is that the only one who has knowledge of the future is God, and other than what he has revealed to us in the holy scriptures and other religious texts, there is no basis for when concerning religion. Even the prophet Muhammad, s.a.w., whom God had forgiven all of his sins told his followers that even he did not know what would become of him. Also, show more respect when talking about Islam. Especially Allah. Don't you know that Allah is just arabic for "God". Or maybe you thought that God was only refered to by that name? If that's so then you've just displayed your ignorance because the English language has only existed for 960 years, way after the time of Jesus. You act as if we worship a different God. There is only one God whom we all worship, so please take your ignorant views to another thread.

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
Chapter 4, Verse 57. That they said (in boast), "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary, the Messenger of Allah.;- but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjecture to follow, for of a surety they killed him not:-

158. Nay, Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power, Wise;-
159. And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him before his death; and on the Day of Judgment he will be a witness against them;-

Sahih Bukhari Book 041, Number 7015:
An-Nawwas b. Sam'an reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) made a mention of the Dajjal (anti-Christ) one day in the morning. He sometimes described him to be insignificant and sometimes described (his turmoil) as very significant rand we felt) as if he were in the cluster of the date-palm trees. When we went to him (to the Holy Prophet) in the evening and he read (the signs of fear) in our faces, he said: What is the matter with you? We said: Allah's Messenger, you made a mention of the Dajjal in the morning (sometimes describing him) to be insignificant and sometimes very important, until we began to think as if he were present in some (near) part of the cluster of the datpalm trees. Thereupon he said: I harbour fear in regard to you in so many other things besides the Dajjal. If he comes forth while I am among on, I shall contend with him on your behalf, but if he comes forth while I am not amongst you, a man must contend on his own behalf and Allah would take care of every Muslim on my behalf (and safeguard him against his evil). He (Dajjal) would be a young man with twisted, contracted hair, and a blind eye. I compare him to 'Abd-ul-'Uzza b. Qatan. He who amongst you would survive to see him should recite over him the opening verses of Sura Kahf (xviii.). He would appear on the way between Syria and Iraq and would spread mischief right and left. O servant of Allah! adhere (to the path of Truth). We said: Allah's Messenger, how long would he stay on the earth? He said.. For forty days, one day like a year and one day like a month and one day like a week and the rest of the days would be like your days. We said: Allah's Messenger, would one day's prayer suffice for the prayers of day equal to one year? Thereupon he said: No, but you must make an estimate of time (and then observe prayer). We said: Allah's Messenger, how quickly would he walk upon the earth? Thereupon he said: Like cloud driven by the wind. He would come to the people and invite them (to a wrong religion) and they would affirm their faith in him and respond to him. He would then give command to the sky and there would be rainfall upon the earth and it would grow crops. Then in the evening, their posturing animals would come to them with their humps very high and their udders full of milk and their flanks stretched. He would then come to another people and invite them. But they would reject him and he would go away from them and there would be drought for them and nothing would be lef t with them in the form of wealth.

He would then walk through the waste, land and say to it: Bring forth your treasures, and the treasures would come out and collect (themselves) before him like the swarm of bees. He would then call a person brimming with youth and strike him with the sword and cut him into two pieces and (make these pieces lie at a distance which is generally) between the archer and his target. He would then call (that young man) and he will come forward laughing with his face gleaming (with happiness) and it would at this very time that Allah would send Christ, son of Mary, and he will descend at the white minaret in the eastern side of Damscus wearing two garments lightly dyed with saffron and placing his hands on the wings of two Angels. When he would lower his head, there would fall beads of perspiration from his head, and when he would raise it up, beads like pearls would scatter from it. Every non-believer who would smell the odour of his self would die and his breath would reach as far as he would be able to see. He would then search for him (Dajjal) until he would catch hold of him at the gate of Ludd and would kill him. Then a people whom Allah had protected would come to Jesus, son of Mary, and he would wipe their faces and would inform them of their ranks in Paradise and it would be under such conditions that Allah would reveal to Jesus these words: I have brought forth from amongst My servants such people against whom none would be able to fight; you take these people safely to Tur, and then Allah would send Gog and Magog and they would swarm down from every slope. The first of them would pass the lake of Tibering and drink out of it. And when the last of them would pass, he would say: There was once water there. Jesus and his companions would then be besieged here (at Tur, and they would be so much hard pressed) that the head of the ox would be dearer to them than one hundred dinirs and Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would supplicate Allah, Who would send to them insects (which would attack their necks) and in the morning they would perish like one single person. Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would then come down to the earth and they would not find in the earth as much space as a single span which is not filled with their putrefaction and stench. Allah's Apostle, Jesus, and his companions would then again beseech Allah, Who would send birds whose necks would be like those of bactrin camels and they would carry them and throw them where God would will.

Then Allah would send rain which no house of clay or (the tent of) camels' hairs would keep out and it would wash away the earth until it could appear to be a mirror. Then the earth would be told to bring forth its fruit and restore its blessing and, as a result thereof, there would grow (such a big) pomegranate that a group of persons would be able to eat that, and seek shelter under its skin and milch cow would give so much milk that a whole party would be able to drink it. And the milch camel would give such (a large quantity of) milk that the whole tribe would be able to drink out of that and the milch sheep would give so much milk that the whole family would be able to drink out of that and at that time Allah would send a pleasant wind which would soothe (people) even under their armpits, and would take the life of every Muslim and only the wicked would survive who would commit adultery like asses and the Last Hour would come to them.

Upvote 0

Eternal_Believer

Mar 2, 2004
✟272.00
Faith
Pentecostal
You refer to this allah dude as "allah" even when speaking English language.

And you still wont know if you go to heaven or not.

We do not worship the same God and i know i'll be in heaven if i die NOW because Theres promise of Life in and through Christ Jesus.

As for tomorrow, i dont know whats going to happen. But i know who holds my hand.

Upvote 0

Muslim

Oct 14, 2004
✟1,547.00
Faith
Muslim
Eternal_Believer said:
You refer to this allah dude as "allah" even when speaking English language.

And you still wont know if you go to heaven or not.

We do not worship the same God and i know i'll be in heaven if i die NOW because Theres promise of Life in and through Christ Jesus.

As for tomorrow, i dont know whats going to happen. But i know who holds my hand.
I refer to him as Allah sometimes and God sometimes. I'm more use to Allah because even in the English translation of the Quran God is refered to as Allah. We do this out of respect because Allah is the best of God's names. He has 99 names and all of them tell us something about his qualities. God calls himself Allah in the Quran the most so we refer to him as that name.

Upvote 0