KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Agreeing with Cute Tink. Communication is key to determining how compatible you are with someone.

Taking time to hang out with them and talk about all sorts of things, it should help give you an idea. Vary your subjects, talk about stuff that is important to you and unimportant (your unimportant stuff may be important to them, who knows?).

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with the above statements. But it's not always easy to tell because I can think I'm totally compatible with someone and they disagree. So you may feel compatible with someone, but they don't feel the same way about you. Just talk to him about what you may feel. Hope it helps.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How do you know if you are compatible with someone or not?

Both people should feel comfortable being their true selves around each other, and accept the other person for who they truly are. How long this takes will depend on the individuals and their dynamic as a couple.

As far as specifics, I'd look to lifestyle choices, personalities that complement each other, life philosophies that mesh well enough, and maybe similar background (as much as the romantic side of me would rather overlook that sort of thing, I'm aware that it can be a factor).

That being said, I think less compatible couples can succeed if that's what both want and both work hard enough to make it happen. Also, compatibility can vary among the same people. After all, nobody is 100% compatible 100% of the time, but I'm answering your question based on what I think natural compatibility looks like.

I'm kinda confused how you could be INcompatible with someone and not know it?

This can be harder than it seems. Behaviors and expectations are shaped by personal experiences and things like family influence and societal pressure. One or both people may appear quite different than they are on a fundamental level. At least through each others' eyes, and it isn't necessarily intentional. It just works out that way because of how we're socialized. At the end of the day, they may in fact be compatible, but the opposite could also prove to be true. It isn't always obvious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums