If God made us, why do humans need to be taught by other humans how to hear God?

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟353,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Every nice thing I do or say is certainly inspired by God. I am realizing I am not capable or worthy without God's grace. He happens to use us humans to work His plans. My dad found an inspired church and pastor. His enjoyment and happiness has subsequently inspired me. We discuss the Lord weekly and I am grateful my dad has a faithful church in which to worship and grow his faith.

I haven't posted here for a spell because I feel social media doesn't bring me closer to God. If we put ourselves into a sinful environment we create our own stumbling blocks to our faith. I have zero business as a Christian arguing with others on social media over worldly concerns. Abortion, politics and the LGBTQ threads that abound on social media have been losing their appeal to me. My faith suffers by participating in such conversations. I am listening to the Comforter and learning to trust that Holy Spirit more and more. It's not easy for us to turn our will over to God. We humans like to immerse ourselves in concerns of this world. But I don't believe that is God's will for me anymore.

But I am willing to reply and testify to my faith in God. I appreciate your acknowledgement of my comment and your response. Have a blessed day my friend.
I agree with everything you've said. I hope to be as successful as you have in it some day. We need people like you posting here to inspire us but i know how you feel sometimes i must disappear. I can do it easily as i don't have much to offer as you.
God bless you also:)

Upvote 0

AintNoSaint

Mar 16, 2024
British Columbua
✟422.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
-- Pacwa, M (2011). How to Listen When God is Speaking. Frederick, MD: The Word Among Us Press. p. 11.

Why is this not practically a stand-alone 'proof by contradiction' argument? It needs only a little fleshing out:
  1. If God created us for relationship with Him and intends to speak to us, he would give us all the intrinsic ability to hear Him, not something to be learned by other humans.
  2. He has not done so.
  3. Thus God either did not create us for relationship with Him or doesn't intend to speak to us.
Why would God make our ability to hear Him dependent on humans teaching other humans?

To 'have good works' for us to do? Are we really to believe God created some people whose purpose is to get others to listen to Him? How is that compatible with "God's love for all mankind" if people go to hell if they are not taught to listen to Him? and compatible with God's wisdom as there seems to be far fewer teachers available than those who need to learn.

I do believe learning to hear him is one of the lessons we are meant to learn. It is part of our spiritual growth. The fact that it requires other people is simple. God wants us to work together, as he wants fellowship with everyone, not just you.

Upvote 0

JesusFollowerForever

Jan 19, 2024
Quebec
✟10,241.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's fine for general life principles, but I'm suffering not knowing why God allowed certain atrocities to happen, why He's refusing to heal, etc. -- specific answer to specific questions.
God can fix everything in a flash but it would defeat his purpose. here is what i am thinking that could explain in part,

Lucifer was created perfect , was one of the 3 super angels above all others, then he sinned he was called satan which means adversary, Satan accuses man day and night, because we were made in the image of GOD himself, He was not! he is angry, jealous and seek to destroy us. the thing is he was created eternal!

When God created man in his image, they were blessed, I believe they had eternal life until they sinned by disobeying GOD, they were made flesh and had a limited time on earth,

I speculate here because I do not pretend the will of GOD but it seems to me we are here to be tested, to see what will become, we have a choice to make, follow God's will or reject God and disobey.

About the suffering this is complex but I believe God is testing us we all suffer one way or another. But know that God said that at the resurrection all the suffering will be forgotten;

Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Rev 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

We may not always know the reasons why people suffer but GOD made a promise and we have to remain faithful until our end and never waver. God knows all things and our hearts, He wants us to be holy as he is HOLY.

BLessings

Upvote 0

Simon_Templar

Not all who wander are lost
Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
✟34,722.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
-- Pacwa, M (2011). How to Listen When God is Speaking. Frederick, MD: The Word Among Us Press. p. 11.

Why is this not practically a stand-alone 'proof by contradiction' argument? It needs only a little fleshing out:
  1. If God created us for relationship with Him and intends to speak to us, he would give us all the intrinsic ability to hear Him, not something to be learned by other humans.
  2. He has not done so.
  3. Thus God either did not create us for relationship with Him or doesn't intend to speak to us.
Why would God make our ability to hear Him dependent on humans teaching other humans?

To 'have good works' for us to do? Are we really to believe God created some people whose purpose is to get others to listen to Him? How is that compatible with "God's love for all mankind" if people go to hell if they are not taught to listen to Him? and compatible with God's wisdom as there seems to be far fewer teachers available than those who need to learn.

Because God is not a solitary being. He is a familial relationship, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Individualism is against God's nature. He is love, and relationship.

Thus he has deliberately structured both natural human society, and his covenantal society of Grace, the Church, so that we need each other. He structures the economy of grace deliberately so that we must serve each other and rely on each other, because to do otherwise is to not be like God.

That is the "normal" "ordinary" way that God intends things to work.
That does not mean that God is bound to never work apart from that. As such, he is perfectly capable of sending angels, or revealing himself through nature to people who had no other way of receiving the gospel, and he has done so.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God is personally relating with every one of us, at each moment, but not always with words >

"God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble."
(in James 4:6, 1 Peter 5:5)

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,789.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have the intrinsic ability to think, eat, breath etc. But when I was young I needed to be shown how to eat politely, get dressed, clean my teeth, toilet training and all the rest.

When I got a bit older I was shown how to maths tables, read and write, play sport and a number of other activities.

Then there came the time to work and so on. At every stage other people were involved even though I had the abiltiy within myself.

God made us social animals and he expects us to communicate and learn from each other.

Learning from others about God and how to "hear" God is no different. People are involved.

When God speaks to us, He very often speaks to us through other people. In fact I'd say that is His preferred method of communication.

For every direct "supernatural" communication I've had from God, I've probably had a hundred via other people - their wisdom, their insights, and even their own times of "supernatural" communication.

If we insist God gives us a personal Hot Line we could be waiting a long time.

Upvote 0