California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
CrazyforYeshua said:
That's it, isn't it? To take it in a worthily manner, as the Word says, in rememberance of Him. Doesn't matter what you use, because that's not the point-if it was, Yeshua would have instructed us on the "proper" elements, and the exact way. It is not the body and blood of Christ, He is sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Kingdom, it is a reminder.

I agree that it's not the utinsils, or the nature of the substance we use to take communion. But where alot of Christians are missing it, is rightly decerning the Lords body and Blood. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. The perfect lamb was sacrificed for us once and for all. We are to decern this properly on His blood being shed for us. Take time to remember. The same with His Body..His body was beaten for our healing. "By His stripes we are healed"..We are to decern this properly on why it was beaten. That you be healed. Take time to acknowledge this.
In scripture it tells us why many Christians fell sick and died, because they were not properly decerning the Lords blood and body. They were eating and drinking as if they were having a regular meal, without any contemplation or disernment on why they were eating it.

1Cr 11:26-30 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink [this] cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. ... (This is eating unworthily)
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why must we make it so hard? Jesus said do this in rememberance of me. With your heart decerne the offering of the Lords blood and body...not turn it into some hocus pocus mind trip to get you to agree with Jesus about His sacrifice.

I've never defined blessing the bread, breaking the bread, eating the bread, dirking the wine and giving thanks followed by profession a blessing over yourself as hard.

You will have to defied hocus pocus for me. I guess I have no clue what you're talking about.

:wave:

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's it, isn't it? To take it in a worthily manner, as the Word says, in remembrance of Him.

I believe that to drink the cup unworthily simply means that if we take communion without discerning the benefits that the body and blood of Jesus make available to us, then we are taking communion unworthily. Some believe that you shouldn't take communion if you have sin in your life. I say that if you can get the sin out of our life without the blood of Jesus, then you don't need to take communion.

Doesn't matter what you use, because that's not the point-if it was, Yeshua would have instructed us on the "proper" elements, and the exact way.

We were instructed on how to take communion. He said, "Do this..." not do something else. Do what? Do as he did. At a minimum, "Break bread, bless the bread and wine, eat the bread and drink the wine.

Luke 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

It is not the body and blood of Christ, He is sitting at the right hand of the Father in the Kingdom, it is a reminder.

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.

And it is for remembrance as well.

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree that it's not the utinsils, or the nature of the substance we use to take communion.

I can't find anything in scripture to support the above statement. Jesus choose bread and wine. Did he choose poorly or without consideration of the elements he choose?

But where alot of Christians are missing it, is rightly decerning the Lords body and Blood. Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sin. The perfect lamb was sacrificed for us once and for all. We are to decern this properly on His blood being shed for us. Take time to remember. The same with His Body..His body was beaten for our healing. "By His stripes we are healed"..We are to decern this properly on why it was beaten. That you be healed. Take time to acknowledge this.
In scripture it tells us why many Christians fell sick and died, because they were not properly decerning the Lords blood and body. They were eating and drinking as if they were having a regular meal, without any contemplation or disernment on why they were eating it.

1Cr 11:26-30 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink [this] cup of the Lord, unworthily,
shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself,
not discerning the Lord's body.
... (This is eating unworthily)
For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

I agree with you, as far as you've gone!

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Prosperity....I can't find anything in scripture to support the above statement. Jesus choose bread and wine. Did he choose poorly or without consideration of the elements he choose?

I'm thinking more in line of grape juice and a Ritz.. are you saying this is unacceptable? Not so much in line with a T-Bone and a Martini. :D

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm thinking more in line of grape juice and a Ritz.. are you saying this is unacceptable?

I didn't write the Bible. I'm telling you that the Bible clearly states that Jesus selected bread and wine for communion. If Jesus had wanted to use Grape juice and Ritz, then He would have used grape juice and Ritz. Just as he turned water into wine, He could have just as easily spoken any elements he preferred into existence, but He chose bread and wine. Are you saying that you have chosen better than Jesus by using grape juice and Ritz? Why do you struggle against this so hard? Jesus knew what was and is doing.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Prosperity said:

I didn't write the Bible. I'm telling you that the Bible clearly states that Jesus selected bread and wine for communion. If Jesus had wanted to use Grape juice and Ritz, then He would have used grape juice and Ritz. Just as he turned water into wine, He could have just as easily spoken any elements he preferred into existence, but He chose bread and wine. Are you saying that you have chosen better than Jesus by using grape juice and Ritz? Why do you struggle against this so hard? Jesus knew what was and is doing.

No struggles on my part.

Has it occured to you that wine and bread was the staple of that day? And it would be natural to use it? They drank more wine than water because the water wasn't the best. They ate more bread and fish, than any other staple.

Upvote 0

riverpastor

Take the Red Pill.
Mar 23, 2004
Ft. Worth
✟20,727.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Father Rick said:
You seem to be skipping over the fact that the Last Supper was a Passover meal-- which would automatically mean unleavened bread. Additionally, since leaven was seen as a symbol of sin, unleavened bread would represent His sinlessness.

BTW... while my jurisdiction allows either leavened or unleavened bread, unleavened is the most commonly used.

Fr. Rick-

Leaven was also a symbol of the Kingdom of God...

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No struggles on my part.

Has it occured to you that wine and bread was the staple of that day? And it would be natural to use it? They drank more wine than water because the water wasn't the best. They ate more bread and fish, than any other staple.

It occurred to me. Has it occurred to you that Jesus was not limited by the staple of the day. He could have chosen grape juice and fish, but He didn't. He could have spoken Ritz into existence, but he didn't. Has it occurred to you that he choose exactly the correct elements for communion and that He, being God, chose correctly?

Why not just use what Jesus used in the way Jesus used it?

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Leaven was also a symbol of the Kingdom of God...

Excellent observation!

..and Heaven came to all who believed by the shed blood and broken body of the Lamb.

I'm convinced that leavened bread and wine are the appropriate elements for communion today.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
If we're going to nit pick unleavened or leavened, why a choice of a leavened bread not be acceptable? If God looks on your heart while you are partaking, is it looked over by the Lord, because your heart is right, but it's the wrong receipe? And the wine, does it have to have alcohol in it to be acceptable, if He's looking on your heart?

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, Propserity.

As in all things, BELIEVING is the issue.

Don't make "unleavened bread and wine" a legalistic issue in our faith.

By faith, you can take Communion without juice or wine...

Why do see following Jesus' example as legalistic?

Show me one verse where the Bible says that you can take Communion with juice or wine.

I agree that taking communion without faith is void.

Why is it that people will pray in the name of Jesus, because Jesus said to, but think that Jesus example of communion is optional?

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If we're going to nit pick unleavened or leavened, why a choice of a leavened bread not be acceptable? If God looks on your heart while you are partaking, is it looked over by the Lord, because your heart is right, but it's the wrong receipe? And the wine, does it have to have alcohol in it to be acceptable, if He's looking on your heart?

Why do you mock me for simply telling you what the Bible says. When you pray, do you pray in the name of Jesus? Does God look at your heart when you are not praying in the name of Jesus and answer your prayers anyway? You pray in the name of Jesus because Jesus said to pray that way. The name of Jesus is your access to the Father. Just as Jesus said to pray in His name, he said to take communion the way he showed you to in the Bible. Just to be clear, the wine in the Bible is fermented wine.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Prosperity....Why not just use what Jesus used in the way Jesus used it?

Our church uses grape juice.. I will use grape juice.. when at home, if I have no unleaved bread I will use a cracker.

Bye the way, I was not mocking you. My choice of word nitpick, has to do with straining at knats and swallowing camels, when it comes to being legalistic. Who is it that was sanctified? The bread and wine, or the Body and Blood of Jesus?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our Church uses grape juice. I will use grape juice. When at home, if I have no unleavened bread I will use a cracker.

Bye the way, I was not mocking you. My choice of word nitpick, has to do with straining at knats and swallowing camels, when it comes to being legalistic. Who is it that was sanctified? The bread and wine, or the Body and Blood of Jesus?

You didn't answer my question.

Why not take communion the way Jesus taught, rather than the way religion teaches? Did Jesus strain with a knat and swallow the Camel. You decision appears to be emotionally based rather than word based.

I'm always amazed how people say that they preach, teach and believe the uncompromising word of God and then reach for the grape juice and Ritz crackers when taking for communion. They say that Jesus never made any mistakes and they are not ashamed of Him or His earthly ministry, but just can't seem to bring themselves to follow the Lord's example when taking communion.

Judging by most WOF people's reaction to using wine and leavened bread, they don't seem to think that Jesus had a clue about communion.

Personally, I've chosen to make him Lord of our communion and take communion His way and not the way I think best.

I hope you are receive all of God's blessings.

Upvote 0

CrazyforYeshua

Blessed by the Best!!
Dec 4, 2005
Ohio
✟11,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeshua used unleavened bread because they were at the Passover Feast, that's what they ate. Today at the Passover Seder, you will find the same thing. They break it, hide it, have it with the 3rd cup, same as He, they just don't realize what they do,but I digress, it was unleavened bread He used, because that is what there was. If every church wanted to be totally scriptural, they would use Matzah, nothing else. Do we all do that? No, and I don't believe it's a necessity to.

Upvote 0

Trish1947

Free to Believe
Nov 14, 2003
California
Visit site
✟24,917.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
CrazyforYeshua said:
Yeshua used unleavened bread because they were at the Passover Feast, that's what they ate. Today at the Passover Seder, you will find the same thing. They break it, hide it, have it with the 3rd cup, same as He, they just don't realize what they do,but I digress, it was unleavened bread He used, because that is what there was. If every church wanted to be totally scriptural, they would use Matzah, nothing else. Do we all do that? No, and I don't believe it's a necessity to.

I agree, and another thing. Gentiles did not observe the Passover to begin with. But now Jesus says to take and eat. Not all Gentiles know about leavened and unleavened bread, or consider it to make a difference when it comes to faith in Jesus. The just shall live by faith in the death buriel and resurrection of Christ. There faith is not in the type of bread and wine used. If it affects your faith in Him not to use unleavened bread, and firmented wine, then by all means you better follow it.

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

There was also leavened bread in Jesus time. Jesus body and blood was the feast of the new Covenant. The flesh and blood of animals could not do what Jesus' blood could do. The flesh of animal sacrifices did not have the life of God in it. The unleavened bread is symbolic of that lack of live. Leavened bread is has life in it and it symbolic of a risen living Christ. The flesh of Jesus has the life of God in it, ergo leavened bread is in order.

Upvote 0

Prosperity

Oct 18, 2005
Kansas
✟902.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I agree, and another thing. Gentiles did not observe the Passover to begin with. But now Jesus says to take and eat. Not all Gentiles know about leavened and unleavened bread, or consider it to make a difference when it comes to faith in Jesus. The just shall live by faith in the death burial and resurrection of Christ. There faith is not in the type of bread and wine used. If it affects your faith in Him not to use unleavened bread, and fermented wine, then by all means you better follow it.

Why do you take communion?
Why was Jesus so specific about how to take communion if it weren't important?
Why not take communion just like Jesus said to take it?

If you don't take communion the way Jesus said to take communion, then how do you even call it communion?

Please be specific.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.