Jul 18, 2004
✟19,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Okay, so I might need a little prayer backup to make sure that I do my very best for God this semester in school. I have a desire to study harder, pray harder, and play harder. Overall, I hope to increase my enjoyment of life. My friends and I also have some plans for activities at the Catholic Student Center, and for promoting evangelization. Please, pray for all the students of Texas State University, that if our goals are in accord with God's will, then let them and all our worthy expectations be fulfilled.:)

Also, I'd like to make a personal prayer request. I made a lot of mistakes during my conversion process, and I am very hard on myself. I tend to view myself unrealistically, as a very wicked man. We are all sinners, I acknowledge this, but sometimes I take seeing myself as a sinner to extremes. Ask God to please help me to be both realistic and humble, repentant and joyful, just and merciful, honest and loving. Ask Him to assist me in getting rid of my baggage from the past, so that I can enjoy and live my faith effectively. I have asked God to grant anyone who prays for these requests an increase in faith, hope, and love.

P.S. I am still away, but since you asked for periodic updates, I will provide them. God bless you all!

MaideninWaiting

Jan 10, 2007
✟8,056.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I'll be praying for all of you as well. Sounds exciting. Good luck to all of you and God bless your efforts. :) And I know what it's like to be real hard on yourself. I used to do the same thing. But it's like you said. We're all sinners. The more you focus on the good, the less time you'll have to focus on the bad. Remember that, because it really does help when you actively pull your mind away from discouraging thoughts and put them towards encouraging thoughts. Once you've confessed your sins, God puts them as far away from you as the east is from the west. Leave'em where He put'em.:)

In Christ,
Bridgette

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'll say a prayer for you as well! But I'm also in college as well!;) But Community College isn't so bad, but knowing myself as much as anyone would know one's self, I tend to view all and everything as an up-hill struggle and thus struggle accordingly. Thus I'd like to ask for your prayers as well, you kind folks of OBOB. Thanks.:thumbsup:
sincerly,
Ravenonthecross

Upvote 0

palewildwoodflowr

Oct 3, 2006
✟8,107.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Study hard, but I'm sure you know by now that college is so much more than classes...And keep on making the time for God in your life, because even if you stumble often prayer is what will keep you steady!!

I'll be sure to say a prayer for all of you students!! I'm one year out of school and I know especially how hard it is these days!:groupray:

Upvote 0

WordofGod

True LOVE never Fails and Casts out fear.
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2006
The best country in the world.
✟62,459.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, so I might need a little prayer backup to make sure that I do my very best for God this semester in school. I have a desire to study harder, pray harder, and play harder. Overall, I hope to increase my enjoyment of life. My friends and I also have some plans for activities at the Catholic Student Center, and for promoting evangelization. Please, pray for all the students of Texas State University, that if our goals are in accord with God's will, then let them and all our worthy expectations be fulfilled.:)

Also, I'd like to make a personal prayer request. I made a lot of mistakes during my conversion process, and I am very hard on myself. I tend to view myself unrealistically, as a very wicked man. We are all sinners, I acknowledge this, but sometimes I take seeing myself as a sinner to extremes. Ask God to please help me to be both realistic and humble, repentant and joyful, just and merciful, honest and loving. Ask Him to assist me in getting rid of my baggage from the past, so that I can enjoy and live my faith effectively. I have asked God to grant anyone who prays for these requests an increase in faith, hope, and love.

P.S. I am still away, but since you asked for periodic updates, I will provide them. God bless you all!

:groupray: :crossrc: :amen:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.