Coke Zero vs Water?

Gecko King

Sep 7, 2010
✟15,285.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Health is one of those things we are completely obsessed with in our modern society. Health tips are everywhere and everyone, apparently, is out to poison us.

It almost takes on religious proportions sometimes. The OP's friend seem to be like those individuals that can see the work of the Devil in just about anything.

Upvote 0

blanning

Sep 20, 2010
✟7,635.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Aspartame is evil stuff. IIRC, it breaks up in the body into three separate chemicals. I can't remember one of them (and I'm too lazy to look it up), but the other two are methyl alcohol and formaldehyde. Different people have different sensitivities to this stuff, and obviously people drink it in different quantities. But I'd just stay away from it if I were you.

Look into how Aspartame got approved by the FDA. It's a soap opera. It took almost a decade. They faked evidence concerning brain cancer levels in rats. The FDA sued Searle because of the fraud. But they offered two FDA lawyers lucrative jobs at Searle's law firm if they'd just sit on the case long enough for the statute of limitations to run out. And guess who was at the helm of Searle during all of this? None other than Dark Lord Dick Chaney.

I drink water, tea, fruit juice, and sometimes beer. That's it. And I'm not so sure about the fluoride in water.

brian

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Aspartame is evil stuff. IIRC, it breaks up in the body into three separate chemicals. I can't remember one of them (and I'm too lazy to look it up), but the other two are methyl alcohol and formaldehyde. Different people have different sensitivities to this stuff, and obviously people drink it in different quantities. But I'd just stay away from it if I were you.

Look into how Aspartame got approved by the FDA. It's a soap opera. It took almost a decade. They faked evidence concerning brain cancer levels in rats. The FDA sued Searle because of the fraud. But they offered two FDA lawyers lucrative jobs at Searle's law firm if they'd just sit on the case long enough for the statute of limitations to run out. And guess who was at the helm of Searle during all of this? None other than Dark Lord Dick Chaney.

I drink water, tea, fruit juice, and sometimes beer. That's it. And I'm not so sure about the fluoride in water.

brian

Source?

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But a filter won't take out the DHMO from drinking water, a nasty chemical that has the following undesirable perils:

• Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
  • Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
  • Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
  • DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
  • Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
  • Contributes to soil erosion.
  • Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
  • Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
  • Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.
  • Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
  • Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.
  • Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
  • Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

As a biochemist, I'm all too familiar with the risks of dihydrogen monoxide. But even still, a much better choice than a soda (any kind of soda).

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

brian
The funny thing is, that seems to be a pre-marketing rumor put forth by the stevia people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums