Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2010
Denmark
✟348,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
From the series, Give me an answer, which is really great, I found this interesting discussion

Interesting view, that the 6 days of Genesis is a poetic description, and that Genesis is not a literal account. Due to some parallelisms in the 6 days.

I dont think that I would agree, that the 6 days are not literal days. But it is interesting anyway.

Creationism does take as a starting point, that there were 6 literal days at the beginning of the universe. As far as I understand creationism, and which is also my understanding of the creation account.

best regards, Peter

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
From the series, Give me an answer, which is really great, I found this interesting discussion
Thank you for sharing this, Peter.

And while I don't agree with him, I like what he says about evolution being a PROCESS, not an ORIGIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Does the man ever give any answers or are they just speculations? is magic [or as religious people like to call them miracles] an answer? we don't know how it happened so it must have been a miracle.
As we all know magic [miracle] is the answer to everything but the explanation for nothing.

Upvote 0

PeterDona

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2010
Denmark
✟348,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Does the man ever give any answers or are they just speculations? is magic [or as religious people like to call them miracles] an answer? we don't know how it happened so it must have been a miracle.
As we all know magic [miracle] is the answer to everything but the explanation for nothing.
He is good in apologetics. Which is good for us who walk the streets to search for the men and women of peace.

For me, magic is a negative word, related to the work of demons. Magic is for me connected to manipulation and deception.

For me, miracles is a positive word, related to a true work of God. Something that is supernatural in its essence.

What do the words relate to for you? Best regards, Peter

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you for sharing this, Peter.

And while I don't agree with him, I like what he says about evolution being a PROCESS, not an ORIGEN.
Evolution is not an origin of life; it just describes how life changes over time and generations. You have more of an issue with abiogenesis.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Evolution is not an origin of life; it just describes how life changes over time and generations. You have more of an issue with abiogenesis.
Yes, but abiogenesis is a part of evolution, if you take cosmic evolution into consideration.

Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but abiogenesis is a part of evolution, if you take cosmic evolution into consideration.
Why are other Christians not embarrassed by your ignorance? because they should be, if not your ignorance most certainly your deception, manipulation and untruths.
AV1611VET do you think you can fool your God with your squirming?

Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
He is good in apologetics. Which is good for us who walk the streets to search for the men and women of peace.

For me, magic is a negative word, related to the work of demons. Magic is for me connected to manipulation and deception.

For me, miracles is a positive word, related to a true work of God. Something that is supernatural in its essence.

What do the words relate to for you? Best regards, Peter
Apart from how you see the words what in your opinion is the difference between magic and miracle?

Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PeterDona

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2010
Denmark
✟348,585.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Apart from how you see the words what in your opinion is the difference between magic and miracle?
Hm, let me try to elaborate, hope I do this correctly
magic: something performed by a magician, by some known method, pretty much by technique, but maybe and even probably with some 'dark' content. You would maybe have a fake feeling about it.
miracle: something that appears honest, not exalting a person, but God. By this I mean not necessarily exalting a specific religious orientation, but something that is so supreme in its nature, that we would say, this does point to a God.

you wrote:
If I understand you correctly, you may be referring to the problem of christians giving vague answers? Apologetics is exactly the discipline of giving respectful, honest, scientific (where possible), and biblically sound answers.

As I am ouy on the streets, I also need to educate myself on how to meet people. I have found that the apologetics resource that Cliffe Knechtle has here, is very inspiring.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
miracle: something that appears honest, not exalting a person, but God. By this I mean not necessarily exalting a specific religious orientation, but something that is so supreme in its nature, that we would say, this does point to a God.
What would you say constitutes a miracle? have you ever seen a miracle? if you have how did you know it was a miracle?
Why does a miracle point to a God and not the Devil? are you sure you are not just believing men? after all men wrote the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,907.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes.

You don't understand.

To you, it's probably circular logic.
Very circular, but got to remember to chilll:)
cat-chilling-on-the-sidewalk.jpg

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,910,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Every religion has holy men, does that make all holy books true?
No.

Let me ask you this:

If you think you know what It's saying, then what do you think It means, when It says:

2 Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I'm not asking you to agree with it, I'm asking if you know what it is you are disagreeing with?

Can you tell me?

Upvote 0