I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Many years ago I was sitting in a restaurant and across the room was a family with a newborn baby.

They were speaking to this child in a foreign language and a revelation came to me.

That child can be taught any language on earth because it's teacher is the one who speaks to it and teaches it their language!

Jesus reiterates this!

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.

43 Why is my language not clear to you?

Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45 Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! 46 Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me?

47 He who belongs to God hears what God says.

The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
For those of you who are "God fearing" as done by God. For you who are babes in Christ. Even for the old.

Remember these things. Jesus fully man spoke in crowds of people. A lot like here. People from everywhere and of many beliefs.

However, he was NEVER swayed by "popular opinion"!

The crowds wanted to throw him off a cliff at one occasion.

Another the crowds wanted to declare him King right then and there.

Yet surrounded by crowds he was NEVER MOVED by the crowds "opinion"!

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
The Holy Spirit is God!

The Holy Spirit is Jesus!

Jesus is God!

God is Holy!

Jesus is the one that makes holy!

God is the Father!

Jesus is our Lord and Father!

The Holy Spirit is our teacher!

God is our teacher!

Jesus is our teacher!

The Holy Spirit is ONE WITH THE FATHER AND SON!

You are Gods children-sons and daughters? One?

We await the renewal of all things when all things will "be holy to the Lord"!

Then God will be all and in all!

A holy nation!

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
The Holy Spirit, is a light to us in three ways:

1. by exposing our guilt,

2. by illuminating the word of God,

3. and by showing us Christ.

Or to put it another way,

as Divine Light, the Holy Spirit works to reveal sin,

reveal the truth,

and reveal glory.

When we close our eyes to this light or disparage what we are meant to see by this brightness, we are guilty of resisting the Spirit (Acts 7:51),

or quenching (1 Thess. 5:19)

or grieving the Spirit (Eph. 4:30).

They are all speak of the same basic reality:

refusing to see and to savor what the Spirit of God means to show us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
They grieve the Holy Spirit when they pit him against the Scriptures. "debates quarrels and arguments"

The Spirit works to reveal the truth of the word of God, not to lead us away from it.

There is no place in the Christian life for supposing or suggesting that careful attention to the Bible is somehow antithetical to earnest devotion to the Holy Spirit.

Anyone wishing to honor the Spirit would do well to honor the Scriptures he inspired and means to illuminate.

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
They grieve the Holy Spirit when they suggest he is jealous of our focus on Christ.

The Holy Spirit’s work is to serve.

He speaks only what he hears (John 16:13). He declares what he is given; his mission is to glorify another (John 16:14).

All three persons of the Trinity are fully God,

yet in the divine dispensation the Son makes known the Father and the Spirit glorifies the Son.

Yes, it is a terrible thing to be ignorant about the Spirit and unwise to overlook the indispensable role he plays in our lives.

The Spirit shines a light on Christ.

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
“The Spirit’s message to us is NEVER, ‘Look at me; listen to me; come to me; get to know me,’

but is ALWAYS, ‘Look at him, and see his glory; listen to him, and hear his word; go to him, and have life; get to know him, and taste his gift of joy and peace.'”

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
They do not stay in his step by pushing others (or ourselves) in the direction of the very things that grieve him most.

"God grieved he had made man on earth because every inclination of man's heart was evil all the time."

"Make straight paths for the Lord that he might come in!"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Fathers what do you require of your children? Mothers who will you teach your babies to be?

Unless you become again like little children you shall by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

What does God require of us?

Heaven and earth and everything in it was made by God and belong to God.
He planted a garden and put man in it and blessed them. God put his child in the playground and demanded nothing from man.

What comes naturally to a child? You all know! Once you were more of you still are!!! A child always always always looks up to its mother and father expecting to receive every good thing.

Food to live on and water to drink. Clothing to wear and protection for warmth and comfort. Knowledge to be imparted and wisdom to be learned. The baby looks up always to mom and dad for its welfare fully trusting every good thing given in love.

But but but... along comes brother or sister and now baby is not the baby anymore and something happens to Cain or Abel. Cain the firstborn sees his offering is not accepted as Abels is. Cain is not the baby anymore. He took his eyes off of mom and dad and put them on his brother and saw Abel receiving. Cain forgot the very first love shown him.

Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
He looked not to what he would receive being the eldest and able to receive greater gifts than those given to a baby. But became jealous of the baby and began war.

Man put into the garden given everything!!! Everything given to all men!!!

They took their eyes off of God and began fighting over whose rock belonged to who. Or whose tree belonged to who. Or whose daddy was the best daddy or strongest daddy.

They took their eyes off of God and put them onto the gift God gave to another rather than remaining like a child looking to God for their gift.

Do you think elder? If God gave a rock to the baby and it was overjoyed to receive it that if you looked to God perhaps your gift may have been a diamond?

Are you more concerned with the babies gift than you were the one prepared for you so you went to war!!!

The prodigal son was jealous over the son that the Father was overjoyed with for returning home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I Witness

Oct 18, 2016
AB
✟721.00
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
Private
Unless you become again like little children you shall by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Heaven and earth and everything in it were made by God and for God.

You brought nothing into this world and you can take nothing out of it.

Righteousness accredited by God given to those who believed his promise.

Righteousness will not be accredited to those fighting and arguing and complaining and envying and provoking hating and deceived and deceiving.

Because the baby was given a rock and you were given a promise.

Which is the greater gift? The one you can see or the one you wait for patiently?

Upvote 0