Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose

1whirlwind

Jun 26, 2009
✟5,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

If you watched the Republican Convention you heard one of the stories in this article. For those that didn't....take time to read this:

Once-reluctant Mitt Romney opens up on the campaign trail

By Philip Rucker, Updated: Saturday, October 6, 2:45 PMThe Washington Post

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Mitt Romney, his friends often say, is a private man in a public world. But with just one month left until the election, he has calculated that to win the presidency he must do what for years he has been loath to: share intimate stories about his life.

So it was that as the sun set on his rally here Friday night, the Republican nominee, buoyed by his successful turn on the debate stage, for the first time publicly related emotionally powerful anecdotes. Romney told of ministering to the needy in his Mormon church, including a 14-year-old who was dying of leukemia and summoned “Brother Romney” to his bedside. He also spoke of an old friend who ended up a quadriplegic after an accident, came to see Romney recently and died the next day.

Excerpt) Read more at washingtonpost.com ...

The last paragraph in the article is:

“I’ve seen the character of a young man like David,” Romney continued. “He had his eyes wide open. There’s a saying — Clear eyes, full heart, can’t lose.’ David couldn’t lose. I loved that young man.”

It just so happens that a banner with the same adage hung over Romney’s holding room backstage at Wednesday night’s debate in Denver. As he walked out to debate the president, Romney looked up and read, “Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can’t Lose!”

A4VKdONCIAA3i5H.jpg:large

And....he didn't! :clap:

I thought an interesting photo with the article is......

View Photo Gallery — Romney travels to key swing states: The Republican nominee continues his push for the presidency, visiting Ohio, Virginia and Florida.

"Believe in America"....as opposed to Obama's 2008 campaign plane with his personal logo and "Change we can believe in."

s-OBAMA-PLANE-large.jpg

Chicago Sun-Times:
In a newly painted 757--with the Obama sunrise logo on the tail and "Change we can believe in" painted on the sides--the Middle East and Europe bound Obama campaign press plane was poised to lift off Sunday evening from Midway Airport to meet up with presumptive presidential Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) after he finishes visits to Afghanistan, Kuwait and Iraq.

Quincunx

Sep 27, 2012
✟1,094.00
Faith
Atheist
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — Mitt Romney, his friends often say, is a private man in a public world. But with just one month left until the election, he has calculated that to win the presidency he must do what for years he has been loath to: share intimate stories about his life.

Here's what it should have said:

"he has calculated that to win the presidency he must do or say whatever the person directly in front of him wants to hear him say! So Mr. Romney has taken to asking people to fill out a card telling him what he should espouse for them in order to get their vote. He simply has to get those votes. Whatever YOU believe HE believes, and the same goes for whomever you disagree with most!"

So it was that as the sun set on his rally here Friday night, the Republican nominee, buoyed by his successful turn on the debate stage, for the first time publicly related emotionally powerful anecdotes.

I'm sure they were also "focus group tested" for maximum impact!

Romney told of ministering to the needy in his Mormon church

Good for Mitt!

, including a 14-year-old who was dying of leukemia and summoned “Brother Romney” to his bedside.

Too bad Mitt had to tell us this.

Mt 6:2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Maybe Mitt should have hired someone to talk him up. That would work better.

He also spoke of an old friend who ended up a quadriplegic after an accident, came to see Romney recently and died the next day.

The DREAD MITT ROMNEY DEATH CURSE!

I'm sorry, couldn't pass these up!

Actually I have no doubts that Mitt is a GOOD MAN. I suspect he is as good as any of us. Maybe better than some.

This isn't a battle between evil and good. It's a battle between two men. Each equally human, each equally vain, each equally flawed, each equally human.

Mitt has done great things in the world. Obama has done great things for other people as well.

"Believe in America"....as opposed to Obama's 2008 campaign plane with his personal logo and "Change we can believe in."

There's no real difference. Both candidates spout the same rhetoric. There's no hidden agenda behind Obama that isn't behind Mitt. Obama is just as interested in seeing American succeed as Mitt is. BOTH of them are political men who have achieved great power. For them the reward is the power. The drug is the power. We can only hope that the way they achieve that power and what they do with it to help themselves feel good about themselves helps us too.

Upvote 0