✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ThreeAM said:
A Church of Christ friend thinks that only a Church name directly from the Bible is approprate. They apparently think if your a Methodist a Presby. a Luthern etc. you are heading to hell in a handbasket. ;) What are your opinions. :confused:

Your friend needs to switch to decaf. :)

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
ThreeAM said:
A Church of Christ friend thinks that only a Church name directly from the Bible is approprate. They apparently think if your a Methodist a Presby. a Luthern etc. you are heading to hell in a handbasket. ;) What are your opinions.:confused:

I do not agree with your friend on this one.

Upvote 0

Glenda

More, Lord.. More of You..
Sep 22, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟76,316.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ThreeAM said:
A Church of Christ friend thinks that only a Church name directly from the Bible is approprate. They apparently think if your a Methodist a Presby. a Luthern etc. you are heading to hell in a handbasket. ;) What are your opinions.:confused:

I think your friend has an amazing imagination.. I pray that he will learn to use it in a more productive way.. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Quijote

a.k.a Mr. Q
May 5, 2005
Wisconsin
✟40,638.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ThreeAM said:
Well I don't think Catholic is in the scriptures so according to my friend you would probably in the handbasket also:D

But, but, but....PV is an Anglican (nothing wrong w/that btw), so he should be fine :Thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
ThreeAM said:
Well I don't think Catholic is in the scriptures so according to my friend you would probably in the handbasket also:D

I'm sure that the "name" the Church that we attend is the least of your friend's problems with Catholics.

That being said - I think that the opinion expressed by your friend merits the "truly bizarre theological statement of the day" award.

Upvote 0

cathromang

Sep 27, 2005
✟8,236.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Others
hey, I know this church!

You also have to be baptized in their church or it doesn't count. (They got to my late grandmother in a nursing home without the family's knowledge)
There is no "sunday school" because that is not mentioned in the New Testament.
They do not study the Old Testament.
And yep, it's common knowledge there that catholics are on the highway to hell....

But then by those standards guess we all are....

Upvote 0

ThreeAM

Dec 21, 2005
✟9,667.00
Faith
SDA
Archbishop 10-K said:
Hmm........ the word "Bible" is not in the Bible so I guess the Bible is going to hell in a handbasket...... wait a minute, that doesn't sound right. ;)

Hey, this would be a good idea to talk about church naming customs. For ex: all the SDA churches in my city are simply named after the geographical location or street it's on. Why is this?

Do you mean its just called something like 7th street Church or the 7th street Seventh Day Adventist church.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.