W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Neither do I. In fact, it's what I'd like to see more of and it's finally happening. Too bad it takes people with smartphones and a sense of duty to make it happen.

Sadly though, people are not also as willing to obey the law. That only ads to the problem I think. However, that's not the topic.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟656,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sadly though, people are not also as willing to obey the law. That only ads to the problem I think. However, that's not the topic.

This statement could be viewed as a blanket condemnation of the general public, just as you took Moxie's comments (and mine) about police shootings to be a blanket condemnation of the police.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This statement could be viewed as a blanket condemnation of the general public, just as you took Moxie's comments (and mine) about police shootings to be a blanket condemnation of the police.

No its not. Its just a fact. Crime is real.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟656,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No its not. Its just a fact. Crime is real.

That's true, but so is police misconduct. They are held to a higher standard because they are given the public's trust (and tax money) to serve and protect the public. When they start killing members of the public and then hide behind false police reports and a police chief who automatically takes sides with the officer, then that trust is eroded. When it happens too many times the trust is eroded to the point where there is more fear and anger than trust. There have been enough incidents now that violent public uprisings are happening. That's a dangerous point to let it get to.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That's true, but so is police misconduct. They are held to a higher standard because they are given the public's trust (and tax money) to serve and protect the public. When they start killing members of the public and then hide behind false police reports and a police chief who automatically takes sides with the officer, then that trust is eroded. When it happens too many times the trust is eroded to the point where there is more fear and anger than trust. There have been enough incidents now that violent public uprisings are happening. That's a dangerous point to let it get to.

My point was that crime can contribute to problems with law enforcement, in theory. Could you imagine dealing with child rapists all day? You would want to rip their head off after a while.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟656,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My point was that crime can contribute to problems with law enforcement, in theory. Could you imagine dealing with child rapists all day? You would want to rip their head off after a while.

I could symphathize with them wanting to do that, but not actually doing it. That's where self control comes in, and they need to use that just as they would inevitably say to someone who was getting arrested because he shot his neighbor for sleeping with his wife, "That's no excuse for murdering someone!"

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could symphathize with them wanting to do that, but not actually doing it. That's where self control comes in, and they need to use that just as they would inevitably say to someone who was getting arrested because he shot his neighbor for sleeping with his wife, "That's no excuse for murdering someone!"

You don't see my point though. If you overwork you employees and overstress them, you can expect their performance to suffer. You seem like one of these guys who expect police to be superman, as if he should be expected to put up with all the crap that gangbangers and idiots put them through, and not be effected by it. You live in a fantasy world if that's what you expect.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟656,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You don't see my point though. If you overwork you employees and overstress them, you can expect their performance to suffer. You seem like one of these guys who expect police to be superman, as if he should be expected to put up with all the crap that gangbangers and idiots put them through, and not be effected by it. You live in a fantasy world if that's what you expect.

If their being overworked is the issue, then their hours should be cut and more officers hired to fill in those hours. That's the case in pretty much any profession.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If their being overworked is the issue, then their hours should be cut and more officers hired to fill in those hours. That's the case in pretty much any profession.

Yes, but why are you so hardheaded about acknowledging that crime is a problem? That's all I'm saying. Do you think the only problem here is Police? Crime is a freaking problem

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟656,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but why are you so hardheaded about acknowledging that crime is a problem? That's all I'm saying. Do you think the only problem here is Police? Crime is a freaking problem

Yes, crime is a problem--no matter whether it's a normal citizen or the police themselves who commit it. I still think that it violates the public trust when the police commit it--and get away with it so easily. I think they need to be held accountable. I really don't think you'd disagree with that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, crime is a problem--no matter whether it's a normal citizen or the police themselves who commit it. I still think that it violates the public trust when the police commit it--and get away with it so easily. I think they need to be held accountable. I really don't think you'd disagree with that.

No I don't disagree.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't object to police being held accountable.
Neither do I. In fact, it's what I'd like to see more of and it's finally happening. Too bad it takes people with smartphones and a sense of duty to make it happen.
Or people with an axe to grind ....

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Could you imagine dealing with child rapists all day? You would want to rip their head off after a while.
Sounds like an episode of Law&Order SVU where the lead guy got put on leave for almost doing just that.

Reactions: W2L
Upvote 0