Christian Women, Are You Causing Men to Sin?

airō

I'm on facebook
Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Of course it doesn't.
rolleyes.gif

I'm sure that you and the guy in the video are concerned that women are showing too much skin purely for philosophical reasons. Human sexuality definitely is not a factor.
rolleyes.gif

Purely biblical reasons.

Upvote 0

airō

I'm on facebook
Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
✟15,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So funny that you should phrase it in just that way. Yes all Christian men are recovering sinners. When a woman wears provocative clothing it may cause someone to stumble. Yes men should strive to be blameless in thought and deed however it would be nice if some Christian woman would dress more appropriately. I'm not expecting women to wear a burka, just dress in a way that doesn't bear everything they have. A recovering alcoholic is no different than someone recovering from a inappropriate content addiction. Any man that says that he has never lusted after a woman is either a liar or gay.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Upvote 0

znr

Report THIS.
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2010
Silverado
✟52,720.00
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Private
airō;55250555 said:
Where did I demand anything?

Edification happens when the Body of Christ pursues holiness and speaks the truth in love with the barrier of pride removed from all.

Sometimes the act of demanding something of others doesn't look like force; It can sometimes be much more subtle than overt actions. This isn't a matter of pride and from what I can tell most people in this thread aren't full of ungodly pride; they simply aren't receptive to the message here. Pursuing holiness is an intimate matter between God and each person and it doesn't always look exactly like you believe it should.

Upvote 0

bsd31

Aug 16, 2009
South of Canada, North of Mexico
✟17,400.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
1 Corinthians 8:9

But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.

1 Corinthians 10:31-33

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

It is possible to cause someone to stumble.

Regardless the responsibility still falls to the individual.

For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son—both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die. - Ezekiel 18:4

Upvote 0

critical3

Jan 13, 2010
✟15,334.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
airō;55249007 said:
Christian Women, Are You Causing Men to Sin?

This video is a rare glimpse of a pastor actively addressing the modesty issue, not as a ranting legalist, but as a loving pastor, concerned for his flock. Ideally, these issues should be taught by older women to the younger. But if that isn’t happening in a church, then the pulpits need to address it. John Bunyan, author of Pilgrim’s Progress, once wrote on the low-cut dresses of his day and how they caused men to sin. Some things never change.

YouTube - Ladies, Does How You Dress Cause Men to Lust? - Al Martin (Spanish Captions)

didnt watch the vid but read just a few responses and this would fit..

1 Timothy 4:2 (King James Version)

2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

if you do not think you can cause another to sin you are only fooling yourself.. todays church is no different than the world, you have women dressing like prostitutes in the church, low cut shirts, pants theyve poured themselves into etc...

maybe you guys should read this as well

titus 2 on the woman and study into each and every word..

the male can also do the same but not as easily

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
didnt watch the vid but read just a few responses and this would fit..

1 Timothy 4:2 (King James Version)

2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

if you do not think you can cause another to sin you are only fooling yourself.. todays church is no different than the world, you have women dressing like prostitutes in the church, low cut shirts, pants theyve poured themselves into etc...

maybe you guys should read this as well

titus 2 on the woman and study into each and every word..

the male can also do the same but not as easily

Relevant bit emphasized. :wave:

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I made it 2 minutes. You have more of that what is it called...intestinal fortitude.

It starts off compassionate enough but then my spidey sense starts tingling away.

well, I was hoping he'd say "bodice". purely for research purposes of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
im basing my statements purely on the fact that many here think provocative dress isnt the cause of another sinning.. maybe people need to live by Gods standards instead of wordly garbage :thumbsup:

Perhaps certain men should stop trying to offload the blame for their own lack of self-discipline and rampant passions onto women.

Upvote 0

Wirraway

Nov 17, 2008
✟19,020.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
im basing my statements purely on the fact that many here think provocative dress isnt the cause of another sinning.. maybe people need to live by Gods standards instead of wordly garbage :thumbsup:

men, as they mature, have greater self control than boys, and that what is "provocative" for a few rates a shrug from most.

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 8:9

But take care that this liberty of yours does not somehow become a stumbling block to the weak.

1 Corinthians 10:31-33

So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God. Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks or the church of God— even as I try to please everybody in every way. For I am not seeking my own good but the good of many, so that they may be saved.

It is possible to cause someone to stumble.

Thank you Mandy. I hope to find you're not the only one in this thread who gets it.

Upvote 0

Johnnz

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2004
New Zealand
✟97,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Whereas I accept what Paul said, I don't accept that the life of the Christian community can never rise above that of the weakest and least mature. There is a very specific context for Paul's admonition, and elsewhere in the NT you will find Paul did not shrink from stating, and living out his own views on the same matters. It is poor exegesis to use Paul's comments in those verses as a kind of catch all for anything I personally disagree with.

John
NZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CuddlyBear

May 12, 2010
✟7,923.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I strongly disagree with blaming women for the sins of men. A man is responsible for his own feelings and controlling them. Otherwise it is possible to blame women for being victims of domestic abuse and other crimes because 'they provoked it'.

Men - accept responsibility for yourselves. Practice self-regulation. It is not for women to temper your lusts. Temper your own selves (as scripture would have you do). Scripture says to deaden your members respecting such issues. That reads as self-responsibility.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mandy_S

May 26, 2010
Pennsylvania
✟8,145.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps certain men should stop trying to offload the blame for their own lack of self-discipline and rampant passions onto women.

Nobody said men should not take blame for their lack of self-control..But likewise, the woman can be to blame as well for causing a stumbling block.

Upvote 0

Lady Bug

Thankful For My Confirmation
Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2007
✟788,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So do I..Oddly enough though, if I'm not mistaken, I think I am the only woman that agrees with the OP so far.
I think there's a difference between accidentally causing men to sin and wearing something in order to make men "look" at you in a dirty way. Sometimes I like to imagine wearing things that help my figure look better. It helps me with self esteem. I don't want to wear things that hide my body. I just don't want to wear it in ORDER to make men have lustful thoughts. If they happen to get the thoughts, that's one thing, but I don't want to purposefully do it.

Sometimes I see women jogging out there, and it isn't just a tank top and decent shorts. I sometimes feel that they wear things that they know could cause huge problems for men to see if they looked at, and I sometimes think they should be careful. :|

OK this post may anger some it is not my intent:sorry:

Upvote 0