Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
How is that fact relevant to the thread? No one here is calling meat unclean.
Good. So all meat is okay to eat. Glad that's cleared up.

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

YESLORDIWILL

Have you not read? 1Sa 20-22, Ps 52
Oct 12, 2012
✟11,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Good. So all meat is okay to eat. Glad that's cleared up.

There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him (Mark 7:15) (Matthew 15:11)

And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? (Matthew 15:16) (Mark 7:18)

yep, I'm pretty sure we are.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him (Mark 7:15) (Matthew 15:11)

I don't entirely believe that - I think eating some things, like bugs, can defile me. But not spiritually. So I guess I agree...

In any case, that's good news for Andrew Zimmern!

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
19Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things.
Eating meat isn't earthly. And this isn't a debate thread.

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Teller of tales, writer of poems, singer of songs
Mar 1, 2015
Following a Jewish Carpenter
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Unfortunately, the poor and hungry have always existed. Think of Lazarus eating the crumbs that fell from the rich man's table.
The idea that if we all went vegan then the hungry would get all the grain our food animals were being fed sounds nice...but in the "real world" I'm afraid it wouldn't work out that way at all. Trust me, the wealthy would figure out another use for it, for their own tables.
It's a shame, but that's the way it has always been, and will always be till the end of time.
Meantime, you're not going to convince anyone to give up meat and become Vegan. You have no Biblical support for your position.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I already know that in the world’s fallen state, animal use is TEMPORARILY ALLOWED. But for the vast majority of people living in modern society it is unnecessary.

How can you say you desire the arrival of the kingdom of God while engaging in practices that will be banished then?
Because Jesus did.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In God’s future kingdom, the whole world will be vegan:

The same as it was originally:
Yes, I agree: a vegan diet matches our original design criteria, and the next age will be at least vegetarian if not vegan. In the past two years I've been eating more fruits, vegetables, and nuts, and eating less meat, dairy products and starches. And my health has improved: my blood chemistry has gone from dodgy to acceptable.

In this age, "the New Testament age", God has declared all foods clean, provided we follow some rules. Rules like thankfulness, following our conscience, and respecting the consciences of others. I've found Romans chapter 14 to be helpful to me in this. I won't quote it here, but I think the entire thing is relevant.

I think the reason God has allowed us to eat meat after the Flood was because it became expedient. But that's a different subject.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,629.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree: a vegan diet matches our original design criteria, and the next age will be at least vegetarian if not vegan. In the past two years I've been eating more fruits, vegetables, and nuts, and eating less meat, dairy products and starches. And my health has improved: my blood chemistry has gone from dodgy to acceptable.

In this age, "the New Testament age", God has declared all foods clean, provided we follow some rules. Rules like thankfulness, following our conscience, and respecting the consciences of others. I've found Romans chapter 14 to be helpful to me in this. I won't quote it here, but I think the entire thing is relevant.

I think the reason God has allowed us to eat meat after the Flood was because it became expedient. But that's a different subject.
It's tasty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.