Christian Nationalism, Zionism, and the Conservative Answer to the Impending NWO.

brakelite

Mar 12, 2009
Victoria
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Christmas is upon us, and most people give some slight consideration to its true meaning... The birth of Jesus. A birth that resulted in what we call the gospel.
The "good news", ie the gospel, seems to mean different things to different people. Before I comment further, have a listen to the following. Some of you may have heard this already...

There is so much truth in those lyrics, and it applies not only to the US. It's just as bad (depending on your worldview), if not worse in New Zealand, and heading that way fast in Australia. Britain, and Europe have their issues as well. Before I continue, I'm a kiwi living in Australia, so I am observing the state of US politics and society from afar. I am not judging anyone, but like my user name, sending out a signal as a word of caution.

There is a global crisis, at least from my Christian perspective, of immorality, godlessness, political narcissism, and ideological craziness. Particularly in the western world. Praise God for the great moving of the holy Spirit in places such as Africa and Asia where hundreds of thousands are being converted and baptized.
The question however, what we do about it in the west, particularly in the US where Christianity and politics can be so intertwined, is very much open to debate. The topics of Christian nationalism, Zionism, and the separation of church and state, are subjects often treated and discussed with much reluctance in the church, similarly to the reluctance of secular people to discussing politics and religion... Reason being that no-one seems to be able to talk about these things without losing tempers, abusing one another, and losing friends over it. So they tend to keep their thoughts to themselves.

The answer to the ills of our world as we all know, theoretically, is the gospel. Jesus and Him crucified. Preaching the gospel won’t literally turn the world upside down, and may not avert impending disasters, but in the midst of turmoil and strife, the gospel does offer individuals the opportunity to have their lives changed for the better, sometimes radically. On that all Christians at least, tend to agree.

How that plays out, and how the gospel is taught and preached and implemented, well, that’s another story. I thought, perhaps naively, to dedicate a post to discuss such matters, but surely we are all pondering on these things, whether it’s over our coffee or our Bible, or both, for where and to what the direction the world is heading is of great concern to anyone with half an eye open.

I have mentioned several times on other sites PROJECT 2025.

No-one it seems wants to talk about that. Why not? Or have you not heard of this? Would anyone like to discuss it? Is it good or bad? Basically, it is evangelicanism and the conservative right’s answer to the nation’s perceived need of a change of mind and heart in response to the current spiritual malaise and political antagonism toward Christianity in the US. The question is, is this the correct response? Very interested in people’s thoughts on this.

Personally, I believe it is dangerous, anti freedom, and unconstitutional. Superficially, and from the Christian perspective,, it may seem a good thing to undo all the ‘evil’ that had been foistef upon society over the last 10 years or so. But is politics and Christianizing the nation through law and statute the right way to go? Is righteousness by politics a thing? Is righteousness by faith now a defunct concept? History is written in the blood of its victims through eras wherein religion was implemented by law. It seems the pendulum, having of late been hanging out on the extremities of the left, is now trending to the other extreme. Are we about to enter once again into the dark ages, when church and state United to enforce a particular brand of Christianity, and persecuted and killed those who disagreed? We shall soon know.

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The topics of Christian nationalism, Zionism, and the separation of church and state, are subjects often treated and discussed with much reluctance in the church, similarly to the reluctance of secular people to discussing politics and religion... Reason being that no-one seems to be able to talk about these things without losing tempers, abusing one another, and losing friends over it. So they tend to keep their thoughts to themselves.

I would say the cause of the conflicts is quite the opposite, it's the lack of reluctance to discuss those matters in a harsh tone that's overlaid with political implications. There's certainly no shortage of people willing to get hostile in their defense or opposition of certain ideas.

IE: "if you disagree with me, you must hate everything this country is supposed to stand for"

There are people who can discuss matters in a calm manner, however they get accused of being a "RINO" by one side, or accused of "both sides'ing" by the other side.
The answer to the ills of our world as we all know, theoretically, is the gospel.
That position, alone, is the kind of thing that adds to the hostility if we're being honest.

Let's be real, the position of "The solution for our problems is for you to abandon your religious views and adopt mine" is the kind of arrogance that creates more hostility. Nobody's ever been convinced by that sort of thing...

Just about every religion claims to have "all the solutions to all the problems", and each of them have followers that are equally devout.

I think the real "bridge" is for people to understand that "a person can still be a good person that I can coexist with, even if they don't agree with me on absolutely everything".

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟275,955.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, those lyrics are garbage. Talk about first class special pleading, apples to oranges comparisons and hypocrisy! It's three minutes of grievance politics, with a sampler selection level back beat and high school levels of delivery.

Is this what passes for conservative music these days?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,209.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No-one it seems wants to talk about that. Why not? Or have you not heard of this? Would anyone like to discuss it? Is it good or bad? Basically, it is evangelicanism and the conservative right’s answer to the nation’s perceived need of a change of mind and heart in response to the current spiritual malaise and political antagonism toward Christianity in the US. The question is, is this the correct response? Very interested in people’s thoughts on this.

Personally, I believe it is dangerous, anti freedom, and unconstitutional. Superficially, and from the Christian perspective,, it may seem a good thing to undo all the ‘evil’ that had been foistef upon society over the last 10 years or so. But is politics and Christianizing the nation through law and statute the right way to go?

Thanks for the link. I had not heard of Project 2025, but I've heard of a number of the organizations that are listed in their "Mandate for Leadership" document, so I think this Project 2025 is something we need to pay attention to and guard against.

As you pointed out in your post, imposition of religion by law was tried in Europe, with violent consequences, especially during the Reformation era. The version of Christianity that is outlined in the Project 2025 document is very much opposed to the version of Christianity that I practice, which means I am vividly remembering the Catholic-vs-Protestant violence of (say) the English Reformation, just with two different Christian groups in the current battle. There is a reason that our founders decided to prohibit an establishment of religion.

In an ideal world, we'd sit down together and talk about what the Project 2025 people are genuinely afraid of, and what they need to feel safe, and what people like me are genuinely afraid of, and what we need to feel safe, and we'd work out some compromise. But that's not what we're doing in the US right now.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
"It is not enough for conservatives to win elections. If we are going to rescue the country from the grip of the radical Left, we need both a governing agenda and the right people in place, ready to carry this agenda out on Day One of the next conservative Administration."

Sounds like a call to war. Yes, this sounds very much like what conservatives want.

Reactions: brakelite
Upvote 0

brakelite

Mar 12, 2009
Victoria
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is not "news & current events"
I beg to differ. PROJECT 2025 is totally news, and is very current. It is a blatant attempt by conservative Christianity in America to take over the government. I understand their motives, and respect their desire for change. But it's righteousness by politics. It's an attempt at establishing a religion through the rule of law. It is an image to the papal beast of the dark ages.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I beg to differ. PROJECT 2025 is totally news, and is very current. It is a blatant attempt by conservative Christianity in America to take over the government. I understand their motives, and respect their desire for change. But it's righteousness by politics. It's an attempt at establishing a religion through the rule of law. It is an image to the papal beast of the dark ages.
Public polling would indicate that many of their positions are losing ground.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with PROJECT 2025, but from the way it's being described, sounds it's merely an attempt at a "Jerry Falwell 2.0" sort of thing. The difference being, when Falwell was heading up his or "The Moral Majority", they actually did have something of a majority with regards to key viewpoints. I don't think that's where society is at anymore.

As secularists, this is "our game to lose" so to speak.

As long as we don't allow secularism to be co-opted by, and become synonymous with, things that the "everyday Average Joe" sees as more extreme and/or ridiculous than than what the theocratic side side has to offer, this should be a layup.

Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

brakelite

Mar 12, 2009
Victoria
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Public polling would indicate that many of their positions are losing ground.

Admittedly, I'm not familiar with PROJECT 2025, but from the way it's being described, sounds it's merely an attempt at a "Jerry Falwell 2.0" sort of thing. The difference being, when Falwell was heading up his or "The Moral Majority", they actually did have something of a majority with regards to key viewpoints. I don't think that's where society is at anymore.

As secularists, this is "our game to lose" so to speak.

As long as we don't allow secularism to be co-opted by, and become synonymous with, things that the "everyday Average Joe" sees as more extreme and/or ridiculous than than what the theocratic side side has to offer, this should be a layup.
While I am totally against any concept such as Project 2025 being implemented, I can fully understand and appreciate why the conservative right would desire to see changes being made to the administrative order of the current US government. I've been a Christian for over 45 years, and have had an interest in the American "experiment" so called. A nation without a king, and a religion without a Pope. Christian nationalism seeks to undo all that, and I see it as a major threat to religious liberty and the constitution.

Upvote 0

brakelite

Mar 12, 2009
Victoria
Visit site
✟18,202.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That position, alone, is the kind of thing that adds to the hostility if we're being honest.

Let's be real, the position of "The solution for our problems is for you to abandon your religious views and adopt mine" is the kind of arrogance that creates more hostility.
I agree with you. The gospel does create hostility, but only because the acceptance of it grates with the pride and ego of those it was designed to free. The innate pride of man naturally reacts with hostility to the suggestion that in and of himself he can do nothing. That there is nothing man can do to solve the intense deep seated issues that permeate society at every level. The greed, the self interest, the lust for power, fame, and wealth, the enmity between man and his Creator as a direct result of sin and rebelliousness, is what creates hostility. To accept that there is Someone else other than ourselves to whom we owe ultimate allegiance, is galling to most, so they react.
And Christian history, where certain institutions saw fit to persecute those who would choose other avenues to live out their lives, is written across the issues of our history books in the blood of millions. And secular rulers haven't been any better. Jesus does have the answers. The Bible can be trusted. But the kind of worldview and lifestyle the Bible recommends cannot be accomplished using politics. And Jesus Himself would stand aghast and disgusted at the hatred and raw viciousness practised by so many for so long, who yet by their mouths confessed to be His representatives. There is a right way. PROJECT 2025 isn't it.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums