I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Big metal fan. Will listen to anything so I'm not a genre-purist and don't get into arcane classification arguments. Christian-metal or satanic-death-metal, doesn't matter to me. For those interested in Christian metal, I would have to say August Burns Red is pretty darned amazing. No, wait... they're amazing for any metal band.

I was pretty shocked when I heard that Mitch Lucker of Suicide Silence died a few weeks ago. Sad - and he seemed so close to his young family. He was adorable with his daughter. sigh

Upvote 0

Justaprophet

Justaprophet
Nov 23, 2012
London
✟7,637.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Been listening to metal since age 13. Favorites are: Iced Earth, Blind Guardian, Megadeth. Love contemporary metal too like Five Finger Death Punch, etc. My favorite genre is power metal but I love thrash and glam metal. I refuse to listen to black metal that blashphemes the name of Jesus.

You are now my new favourite person :D

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Since I saw this I figure I can respond in the thread.

I love heavy metal.

I really try to avoid the whole terminology based on religious conviction of the band members. It is hard to do at times, but I honestly despise labeling music as Christian or non-Christian as if we in the electronic section of a department store. Some of the bands I like range from being Christian, Satanic, Non-Belief, Pagan and to bands that do not have religion in any way shape or form as a main theme in their music.

Plain and simple...I love heavy metal.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yeah, some metal is alright. I like that it takes me back in memories. metal also makes it easier to drive in rush hour traffic.

Me too. Actually, my mom has a copy of some of my stuff (Eluveitie, Korpiklaani, Epica) in her car to which she listens in order to stay awake on her early-morning and late-night commutes. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Metal rules! \m/

So long as it doesn't openly exalt satan then it's fine, love bands like oh sleeper or theocracy etc

It's interesting, I certainly won't begrudge anyone for avoiding the Satanic stuff, but I haven't yet been shown convincing arguments that there is any inherent danger in listening to it. (Please, no one attempt to contort 1 Cor 10:21 to fit this situation. Just... don't unless you want a contextual beatdown :p )

I've been a fan of Slayer since well before I was a believer. Before I was a Christian I listened to it in anger, thinking I was somehow rebelling against God and angering Him. While my attitude was the sin, the act doesn't seem to be. So now I actually enjoy listening to the same old music, knowing it has no spiritual power, it has none of the same old meaning, and I can enjoy it in perfect peace with Christ for the technically proficient and musically talented pieces that they are.

If I focus on the intent and words of some of the blatantly blasphemous stuff, I dislike it enough to find little pleasure in the musical portion. However, as of yet I've thought that the music itself, in spite of their intentions of darkness (although the band itself is not spiritually Satanic and themselves, as far as I've known, have decried that whole true Luciferian scene) they are themselves showing the mark of their Maker by their very abilities that they've honed to make their music. The joke is on them. :p

Off to listen to the Cannibal Corpse...

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you don't think such music has a negative effect on the soul and mind you are deluded.

If you listen to such music and ever want to make a positive change, you know where to start.

LOL. Every post of yours is like a Chick Tract, IW. :D

Careful Mac, next thing you'll be justifying D&D!!

lf9nD.png

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
D&D, while crude, is relatively harmless.

Music is not.

Heathen! Everyone knows that D&D is the devils Monopoly! You play it once, and you do not pass the Pearly Gates, you do not collect 200 heavenly brownie points!

Do you not know that the dungeon masters will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the rogue nor those with Psionic ability nor d20 throwers nor diorama makers nor they who scribble on grid paper.

For lo, Saint Chick hath spoken.

YhgZS.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.