Aug 7, 2007
✟17,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Will I be shunned if I say I like Marylin Manson too? In a way I feel that what he is really about goes over people's heads...his style is more of a commentary on just how downgraded society as a whole has become, rather than a straight-out promotion of such views.

Upvote 0

99Balloons

Apr 27, 2012
Yellow Brick Road
✟15,669.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Will I be shunned if I say I like Marylin Manson too? In a way I feel that what he is really about goes over people's heads...his style is more of a commentary on just how downgraded society as a whole has become, rather than a straight-out promotion of such views.

Manson is unique in his style, and I enjoy it every once in a while. There are fans of his that take their obsession with him a bit too far however.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟384,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I have metal moments too. The newest metal band that I've been listening to is Wintersun, and I like a few classics by bands like Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc. I'm not sure that many would call me a metal head, however. Like Nanopants, my taste in music is eclectic. For example, I'll listen to metal back to back with folk, electronic, jazz, classical etc. As far as I'm concerned, there's good music to be found in many genres.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Perhaps Today

A Light In The Black
Sep 18, 2009
Michigan
✟15,068.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love some secular metal, but could never find much Christian metal I liked. I like lots of groups from Metallica (pre Load), Megadeth, Black Sabbath, Dio, Pantera, Testament, Anthrax, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, AC/DC (both Bon Scott and Brian Johnson eras) and even some more obscure stuff like Metal Church, Sanctuary, King Diamond (though some of his stuff is a bit too dark for my liking) Danzig (see King Diamond), among others.

Upvote 0

crishmael

nothing but the rain
Aug 29, 2008
Tejas
✟32,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat