provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So I'm single and have been for 7 years. I haven't really been pursuing a relationship with anybody because I have been focused on work and such. But now I feel like I need to find someone. I'm 33 and I've yet to have a serious long term relationship with anyone. I have virtually no friends and I just work and sleep repeat. I believe in myself that I'm a good catch I just need to actually date people. So I'm thinking about paying for a dating app like Christian Mingle. Does anyone have any experience with dating sites? Im willing to pay at this point, to enroll in one dating app, maybe 2. I live in Canada too. If this is not the correct place to post this thread I ask the mods to move it. Thabk you

also, i posted this in the wrong forum so i'm reposting it on Singles Only ty

• Friendly
Reactions: SamoIsus

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Have you prayed to God about finding you a wife?
I'm going to start seriously doing so. I don't feel like being alone for the rest of my life. So I pray God finds me someone who I can fall in love with madly.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
So I'm single and have been for 7 years. I haven't really been pursuing a relationship with anybody because I have been focused on work and such. But now I feel like I need to find someone. I'm 33 and I've yet to have a serious long term relationship with anyone. I have virtually no friends and I just work and sleep repeat. I believe in myself that I'm a good catch I just need to actually date people. So I'm thinking about paying for a dating app like Christian Mingle. Does anyone have any experience with dating sites? Im willing to pay at this point, to enroll in one dating app, maybe 2. I live in Canada too. If this is not the correct place to post this thread I ask the mods to move it. Thabk you

also, i posted this in the wrong forum so i'm reposting it on Singles Only ty
I have never used dating apps Christian or otherwise, but my mother has been on some apps some after her 30 year marriage that ended in my father's death nearly nine years ago and she says that she has found that many guys her age ( 60 next year) are not who they say they are or are looking for a sugar mama. She has gone a few dates through them that have so far not gone anywhere, but then again after a 30 year marriage is different as she was with my father for 30 years of marriage and five years before that just 20 when she married On the other hand my sister (currently 27) met her now husband on hinge nearly two years ago they dated for 11 months were engaged for seven before tying the knot this past June

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
@friend of Coming from a woman and reading the previous post, if you do use a dating website, please use a current picture as a profile picture. No outdated pictures. Us women do not like that. We feel lied to when that happens.

Reactions: DragonFox91
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
@friend of Coming from a woman and reading the previous post, if you do use a dating website, please use a current picture as a profile picture. No outdated pictures. Us women do not like that. We feel lied to when that happens.
Yes I do understand. I don't want to be guilty of false advertising.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Everybody's experiences with dating apps are going to be different, which means that it's impossible for you to go by what we may have gone through. It's all about the people you encounter on the apps and that differs for everyone because it depends on where on you live and what you're looking for.

The benefit of dating apps is that they bring you into contact with people you would never have met otherwise, so they're definitely a way of expanding your potential dating pool. But how it's actually going to go for you is something none of us would be able to say.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,056.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have virtually no friends and I just work and sleep repeat. I believe in myself that I'm a good catch.
So I pray God finds me someone who I can fall in love with madly.

Also pray to God to help you become a person that women would also madly fall in love with (other than looks and financial stability).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Been a while since I've seen a Christian dating topic here...

I mean you could say everyone's dating app experiences are different, however, there's a good chunk of the single male population that have the same ones which include just being flaked on or ghosted or just no responses.

I had given up on dating apps in general because I rarely get responses, and when I do...when I try to take it to an in person meet, they make plans and flake, or stop responding altogether.

People now use dating apps as more of a social media app like any other for attention and validation....not mean to bash women, but this is especially with the women on these apps.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Also pray to God to help you become a person that women would also madly fall in love with (other than looks and financial stability).
Both are suitability factors that cannot and should not be ignored.

If you aren’t attracted to someone, it’s going to create issues.

As for the financial side of things, that can create a whole host of issues, so it’s reckless not to explore and determine that stability.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There’s a lot of reasons I gave up on it. Some of it is the same old excuses people use. But the the biggest reason I gave up on it: I think it’s trying to force one. One is a gift from God, so for most, God will bring the person into the other’s life when they are ready. It’s our responsibility to get to that point. Dating sites are trying to rush one. They are the quick & easy option. Bible is full of examples of God’s people who tried to rush things & it didn’t work out.

It CAN work for Christians, I know a couple cases where Christians have met their marriage partner on dating sites, so God isn’t restricted to not using it, but I think for most of us: if we're single: we're just not ready yet & need to work on getting ready (be who God wants us to be)

Your time is best spent on getting a friend or 2. God uses friendships to prepare us for marriage partners. You can continue to try dating sites, but finding a friend or people to hang out with should be a priority -> it will benefit you long-term.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There’s a lot of reasons I gave up on it. Some of it is the same old excuses people use. But the the biggest reason I gave up on it: I think it’s trying to force it. It’s a gift from God, so for most, God will bring the person into the other’s life when they are ready. It’s our responsibility to get to that point. Dating sites are trying to rush it. They are the quick & easy option. Bible is full of examples of God’s people who tried to rush things & it didn’t work out.

It CAN work for Christians, I know a couple cases where Christians have met their marriage partner on dating sites, so God isn’t restricted to not using it, I just think if we're single: we're just not ready yet & need to work on getting ready (be who God wants us to be)
Thanks for your reply. My problem is that I'm a recluse already (few friends irl) and I'm already in my 30s. I was super focused on career for my 20s that I've sort of forgotten that I need other Christians in my life too. And I guess I'm feeling the loneliness now. I feel like I owe it to myself to put in at least some effort into finding someone, and online dating seems like the only avenue to me, since I lack hobbies and other outside activities where I could meet people (I'm bookish)

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for your reply. My problem is that I'm a recluse already (few friends irl) and I'm already in my 30s. I was super focused on career for my 20s that I've sort of forgotten that I need other Christians in my life too. And I guess I'm feeling the loneliness now. I feel like I owe it to myself to put in at least some effort into finding someone, and online dating seems like the only avenue to me, since I lack hobbies and other outside activities where I could meet people (I'm bookish)
Other people are bookish too. Need to find other Christians in your life. You can still try dating sites, but in the meantime work on yourself. May sound like jumping thru hoops, but you need to learn to trust God. If you can't trust God & other people, you will never trust a marriage partner.

• Agree
Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟763,213.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Other people are bookish too. Need to find other Christians in your life. You can still try dating sites, but in the meantime work on yourself. May sound like jumping thru hoops, but you need to learn to trust God. If you can't trust God & other people, you will never trust a marriage partner.
I do trust God. I really do. I just wish He would make me the person He wants me to be instantly, over night haha.

Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
There’s a lot of reasons I gave up on it. Some of it is the same old excuses people use. But the the biggest reason I gave up on it: I think it’s trying to force one. One is a gift from God, so for most, God will bring the person into the other’s life when they are ready. It’s our responsibility to get to that point. Dating sites are trying to rush one. They are the quick & easy option. Bible is full of examples of God’s people who tried to rush things & it didn’t work out.
I would disagree that online dating is a quick and easy option. It hasn't been for me.

And is it really trying to force things? There are plenty of ways that God can bring someone into a person's life, and there's no reason why online dating couldn't be one of those ways.

The reality is that keeping to yourself and not engaging with anyone is a very good way of ensuring that you don't end up in a relationship. I did that for a decade while all around me people were dating and getting married. Whether or not online dating is the best way can come down to an individual's circumstances, but speaking for myself, I've had more success meeting women through dating apps than I have through real life activities (although I would much prefer to meet them that way), even if nothing has turned into anything long-term.

Upvote 0

ThisIsMe123

This And That
Mar 13, 2017
✟186,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The reality is that keeping to yourself and not engaging with anyone is a very good way of ensuring that you don't end up in a relationship. I did that for a decade while all around me people were dating and getting married. Whether or not online dating is the best way can come down to an individual's circumstances, but speaking for myself, I've had more success meeting women through dating apps than I have through real life activities (although I would much prefer to meet them that way), even if nothing has turned into anything long-term.

Wow, you were actually able to get them to meet you face-to-face, without them flaking at the last minute?

Upvote 0

Citanul

May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Wow, you were actually able to get them to meet you face-to-face, without them flaking at the last minute?
I've had some who I never heard from again after brining up the subject of meeting (sometimes after they'd agreed to meet), but no last-minute flakes. In fact, my only flaking experience was with someone I met in real life and not online.

Upvote 0