• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Choosing not to be deluded...

Stephanie2381

Ready2BLevel
Apr 12, 2011
Oklahoma
✟15,168.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hello!! From reading your post my guess is that you do have social phobia, and also probably OCD. That would explain not wanting to be touched, not sharing food off place, etc., because when the above happens, your brain switches into panic mode, that is what happens with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The first issue you had with the delusions, is also part of anxiety, but bravo to you, you overcame that one yourself! There are therapy options where they make you face all your fears, and in essence that makes you overcome them...if you force yourself to do each fear one at a time, and force yourself to overcome them you would not need to seek therapy or medication more than likely.....but you have to be extremely strong and want to make it through all the uncomfortable feelings that come along with facing fears....the therapy is called Exposure Therapy, and I saw it on TV a show called Obsessions...

You can also pray that God will be with you and will help you overcome these burdens and will give you the strength and power to overcome and you can do it! I think that everyone on earth is a little OCD to an extent, its just how it effects each one of us may be different.

I am a member of another very active forum that may be very helpful to you, if you are interested in the site address, private message me and I would be happy to give it to you.

God Bless! Stephanie

Upvote 0

wpage

Jan 26, 2011
Jersey Shore
✟8,428.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pray for help. Read your Bible and get some professional guideance...

Remember God made you just the way you are and loves you as a child.

Hang in there and be diligent understanding and dealing with your issue. Everyone has some problems. They make us better in the long run.

Upvote 0