Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I was wondering whether anyone has ever had any long-term success after chiropractic treatments.

I went to chiropractors for a long time, but after an adjustment, I'd need more and more of them. Insurance companies paid for the visits, so that wasn't an issue -- except that sometimes afterwards, I'd hurt as bad or worse than when I got there. But, they kept insisting that I needed more, and more, and more adjustments.

I stopped going long ago, but in order to prove that I am currently disabled, and therefore qualify for housing, I saw a chiropractor this past Monday. He agreed that I am indeed disabled/unable to work because of my many injuries, but he also told me how "messed up" my back was (after he pushed on it really hard, hurting me) and after twisting my shoulders to make them make noise, he talked of messed up shoulders. I do hope that he didn't cause further injury.

Of course, he believed that I need chiropractic care in order to resolve the problems. And, the office charged me the highest amount quoted to me (and tried to charge more till I told them that was the maximum they'd quoted).

So, I was wondering whether anyone else has had any bad experiences with chiropractors.

Thank you.

Ann

RHJ

Aug 14, 2005
South Cariboo, BC
✟255.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I haven't had any bad experiences, but I would strongly suggest that you get a second (or third or fourth) opinion about needing treatment. My chiropractor would love for me to go see him at least once a month, but I go when I need to go.

Doctors are kind of useless when it comes to chiropractic care, but if you go get more than one opinion (don't tell the subsequent chiros what the first one said, see if they say the same thing), and they all tell you the same thing, it's a good bet that it would probably help to get treatment. Talk to the people you see, tell them your concerns, and ask them to explain what the matter is and why your back is "messed up". If they explain it in clinical terms, don't be afraid to ask for them to explain it in English. A good chiropractor will be willing to take the time to make sure you understand what's up. :)

Upvote 0

Ann Doupont

Veteran
Dec 25, 2004
Boise, Idaho
Visit site
✟10,009.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi Fishstix,

There were perhaps several reasons I went to a chiropractor instead of a regular doctor. One of them was that I was under a time constraint. It usually takes longer to get an appointment with a regular doctor. Another reason was that, in my understanding, an MD charges more. A third reason was that all the chiropractor really had to do was to evaluate the report of another out-of-state chiropractor. An MD might not have seen it the same.

I had that report from June when Workers' Comp. sent me back to the doctor I'd seen 5 years ago in California. They paid for the trip for me to be seen in an effort to close the case. The California doctor wouldn't sign the form that housing wanted, because that doctor was not my treating physician. He had only seen me for the workers' comp. case to evaluate my condition.

Things get really complicated. I prayerfully considered where to go. I called a chiropractor I found in the local Christian business page directory here. That doctor didn't do disability evaluations, so referred me to one of two others. He said that this one was a Christian, but the other he was unsure of. He had confidence in each of these 2 chiropractors.

I do not believe I need treatment. I've been to more chiropractors than I can count. I called TBN's prayer line this afternoon for prayer and now feel a lot better.

I'm not sure that I should have posted this on the "Advice" post. But, I've been away from posting a lot here recently, and this was the first one that came to mind.

It's not really advice that I need. I was just wondering about others' experiences with chiro-docs.

Thanks.

Ann

Upvote 0