chimps are so like us... what does it mean?

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm sure though, a dog could be taught
Dogs are legitimately another animal we could write a lot of interesting stuff about. They have been bred for socialization with humans perhaps as early as 32,000 years ago. That's not slow gradual evolution, that's deliberate breeding. They can practically read our minds. It's fascinating stuff.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If we are descendants of and/or related to chimpanzees, this means that chimpanzees were created in the image of God, if Adam and Eve, who God created in the beginning, were created in the image of God. It means that Adam, who God formed from the dust of the earth, was a chimpanzee. This means that the Creator, God Most High, is a chimpanzee.

Did Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living, come to earth and die on the cross for chimpanzees?

Thank you kindly.

It doesn't mean that, and you are struggling to make a reply.

Somewhere along our evolution, we developed the ability to know right from wrong. We "ate from the tree of knowledge of good and evil." This separated us forever from nature, from ourselves, and from God. BUT it made us like God. This what is meant by being in the image of God. We do not share this with chimps.

Now I've said this twice. You don't have to agree with it. You just have to have basic reading comprehension. If you can't read and understand this, I won't bother continuing to chat with you.

Please post my entire quote when responding please.

I asked you if Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living, came to earth to die on the cross for chimpanzees.

Is it written that we (man) are created in the image of God? Is a chimpanzee a "creature", a created being in the "image of God"? Was it ever? Is it proper to refer to a chimpanzee as "it"? Would it be appropriate to refer to "man" as "it"?

Why or why not?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The whole idea that chimps and humans are related is totally based on the assumption that Darwin's tree of life is real. His tree is not lining up with the evidence so now evolutionist are claiming it's a bush instead. It's simply man worshiping his own intellect trying to explain away his own existence.
Just like Genesis mentions the tree of life so evolutionist have their own tree of life they believe in.
By the way it seems the Genesis account deliberately goes against man's religious belief that we are the products of the sun and the stars. Scientists today still teach this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How close to us do chimps have to be before we acknowledge that they are our cousins?Presently, the state of New York is wrestling with the question of whether chimpanzees should legally be considered persons, with the right of habeus corpus. What do you think?Consider that chimps murder, rape, go to war... They even spontaneously began making spears. They have a theory of mind. They can act in compassion. In some ways, such as visual memory, they are superior to us. The latest news is that they prefer cooked food and will delay gratification in order to cook it. I could go on and on with their cognitive skills... You get the point.Where is the line for you?

The animals were given for us to eat. Chimps are referred to as "bush-meat".
We can choose not to eat them. But that is no different than choosing not
to include them in our universal healthcare proposals. Jesus did not claim to
be the Son-of-Chimp nor did He die for chimp sins.

If you choose to marry a chimp, you will be obligated to purchase the enclosure
use in burial so the formaldehyde does not leach into the soil. Burials are not cheap.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Please post my entire quote when responding please.
I usually only quote the part that I am replying to. It saves space.

I asked you if Jesus the Christ, the only begotten Son of the living God, the God of the living, came to earth to die on the cross for chimpanzees.
I can't believe you are asking me that. Honestly. Figure it out.

Is it written that we (man) are created in the image of God? Is a chimpanzee a "creature", a created being in the "image of God"? Was it ever?
I've already answered this in full.
Is it proper to refer to a chimpanzee as "it"? Would it be appropriate to refer to "man" as "it"?
It depends. They are both the same. If you are referring to an individual chimp/human you would say he/she. If you are referring to humanity, you would say it. I don't know the word for all chimps. If you say chimps/humans, you say them.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The animals were given for us to eat. Chimps are referred to as "bush-meat".
I am not opposed to eating animals for meat. You can even eat bugs if you choose. Even cockroaches, although I don't.

However, until recently, we didn't know how advanced chimps were in their self awareness. I think it would be immoral to eat them unless you were quite literally starving. Same with experimentation; if it's for lifesaving medicine that's one thing, but immoral to test for some new mascara.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not opposed to eating animals for meat. You can even eat bugs if you choose. Even cockroaches, although I don't.

However, until recently, we didn't know how advanced chimps were in their self awareness. I think it would be immoral to eat them unless you were quite literally starving. Same with experimentation; if it's for lifesaving medicine that's one thing, but immoral to test for some new mascara.

If you chose to eat a chimpanzee, is it the same as eating a human?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If you chose to eat a chimpanzee, is it the same as eating a human?
No, because a chimp isn't a human. But it's very close, since they are a close cousin.

You know, you are asking me about a lot of what I think of obvious things. Are you sure you can't figure out my answers based on what I have already told you? For example, I've already told you that chimps aren't human, but are a close cousin.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No, because a chimp isn't a human. But it's very close, since they are a close cousin.

You know, you are asking me about a lot of what I think of obvious things. Are you sure you can't figure out my answers based on what I have already told you? For example, I've already told you that chimps aren't human, but are a close cousin.

I am asking you for clarification.

If chimpanzees are a "close cousin", they would be human beings.

The bottom line is, is it ok to eat a human being vs a chimpanzee?

If yes, why? If no, why not?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I am asking you for clarification.

If chimpanzees are a "close cousin", they would be human beings.
Not true. "Close cousin" is what we call a species that is not the same but is quote close to us. Chimps share 98% of the same DNA with us. They are anatomically and cognitively very similar to us. The differences are one of DEGREE; for example we are both toolmakers, but chimps use stick kits to get termites, we use spaceships to get to the moon. The only real difference is the lack of empathy/morality.

The bottom line is, is it ok to eat a human being vs a chimpanzee?

If yes, why? If no, why not?
I've answered this. I feel like you are not listening. For example, I've said it is not moral to eat a chimp unless one is starving, because their level of self awareness is so high. One cannot do this with a human being however. Please try to read and understand my posts before asking further questions. Perhaps you are missing the most recent post?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Not true.

I've answered this. I feel like you are not listening. For example, I've said it is not moral to eat a chimp unless one is starving, because their level of self awareness is so high. One cannot do this with a human being however. Please try to read and understand my posts before asking further questions. Perhaps you are missing the most recent post?

The bottom line is it's ok to eat a chimpanzee under certain circumstances, but never a human being?

Why is that?

(again, asking for clarification)

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
The bottom line is it's ok to eat a chimpanzee under certain circumstances, but never a human being?
If you are starving, and a human being is already DEAD, I would say it is okay to eat them under those extremely rare circumstances. The 1972 Andes flight disaster is an example of this.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I asked you this in post #82 and in a previous post:

Please respond. If i missed your response i apologize. Please point out where you responded to the above question.

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I asked you this in post #82 and in a previous post:

Please respond. If i missed your response i apologize. Please point out where you responded to the above question.

Thank you kindly.
I reponded. My answer was no. Chimps have no sense of right and wrong and therefore cannot sin. They have no need of a savior.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I reponded. My answer was no. Chimps have no sense of right and wrong and therefore cannot sin. They have no need of a savior.

If chimpanzees are "close cousins", why not?

Have they ever been human and will they ever be human?

Was it a human being who God formed from the dust of the earth, and made in His image?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
If chimpanzees are "close cousins", why not?

Have they ever been human and will they ever be human?

Was it a human being who God formed from the dust of the earth, and made in His image?

Thank you kindly.
Chimps were never human and never will be. Evolution never duplicates a species. A better question is whether they, as a unique species, will ever evolve the ability to know the difference between right and wrong, or whether human beings can teach them right and wrong. I don't know the answer to this. I believe that God drives evolution, that it is His way of creating. I don't know if He wants just one morally sentient set of beings, or many. If chimps do become morally sentient, I don't know what His plan for salvation would be. But I know God well enough to trust Hhim that He knows what He is doing. For now, they are safely innocent, they have not "eaten of the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Chimps were never human and never will be. Evolution never duplicates a species. A better question is whether they, as a unique species, will ever evolve the ability to know the difference between right and wrong, or whether human beings can teach them right and wrong. I don't know the answer to this. I believe that God drives evolution, that it is His way of creating. I don't know if He wants just one morally sentient set of beings, or many. If chimps do become morally sentient, I don't know what His plan for salvation would be. But I know God well enough to trust Hhim that He knows what He is doing. For now, they are safely innocent, they have not "eaten of the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

Interesting viewpoint and opinion. Is it based on the Bible?

Thank you kindly.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Interesting viewpoint and opinion. Is it based on the Bible?

Thank you kindly.
A lot of things are outside of the Bible. The Bible doesn't talk about TV sets, for example. The main thing is that it doesn't contradict the Bible.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A lot of things are outside of the Bible. The Bible doesn't talk about TV sets, for example. The main thing is that it doesn't contradict the Bible.

Interesting.

Thank you kindly for sharing your opinions and viewpoint.

Upvote 0