Cheney completely cleared in hunting accident (Media still trys to spin event.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Apparently the lawyer somehow had a pellet in his heart which caused a heart attack. I don't know if the article I read contains accurate information.

To my knowledge such a scenario would not be possible unless the lawyer was shot in the chest at very close range with the barrel pointing right at his chest cavity. I'm not sure if this can be described as an accident. The storyline seems to be thickening.

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
where is the bias?

The media ignoring democrat incidents and hounding Cheney.

who is trying to blame cheney for this?

The media.

regardless of this being a simple 'hunting accident' it is still news that our vice president has shot someone, accidentally or otherwise.

Kinda like Hillary running over a policeman then not stopping?

Upvote 0

george78

Loathed
Aug 4, 2005
✟17,138.00
Faith
Utrecht
To my knowledge such a scenario would not be possible unless the lawyer was shot in the chest at very close range with the barrel pointing right at his chest cavity. I'm not sure if this can be described as an accident. The storyline seems to be thickening.

Your knowledge is wrong. There was an incident were a pellet from a BB gun ricoceted off a target and entered just under the skin into a vein of the person shooting it. The pellet was then carried into the heart and a heart attack occured.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

awesome liver

Mar 1, 2005
✟16,471.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
imind said:
your perpetuating this lie will not make it true. she was only a passenger in the car.

funny how some christians have no problem with stretching the truth.
i doubt he's gonna respond to your post so you might as well delete it. even if it is the truth.

of course this should be covered. what's being covered more extensively is why the veep's office kept the story for half a day when it should have gone out immediately and why the sheriff's office wasn't allowed access till the next day to question him. also, the victim was shot at a distance of 30 yds which is more than sufficient to hurt somebody. cheney would basically had to have been aiming in his general direction since he was using a scattershot.

Upvote 0

Quantos

Sock ? What Sock
Mar 6, 2005
Earth for now
✟33,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
awesome liver said:
i doubt he's gonna respond to your post so you might as well delete it. even if it is the truth.

of course this should be covered. what's being covered more extensively is why the veep's office kept the story for half a day when it should have gone out immediately and why the sheriff's office wasn't allowed access till the next day to question him. also, the victim was shot at a distance of 30 yds which is more than sufficient to hurt somebody. cheney would basically had to have been aiming in his general direction since he was using a scattershot.

1) There is no law requiring informing the media of Anything.
2) In Texas, you don't have to report hunting accidents, Unless there is a death.*

*No link, reported on KGO

Upvote 0

HunterJon

The trees of today, are the stumps of tomorrow
May 4, 2004
Thurmont, MD but currently at Virginia Tech
✟15,472.00
Faith
Protestant
awesome liver said:
also, the victim was shot at a distance of 30 yds which is more than sufficient to hurt somebody.

True, and here is an interesting VIDEO about just that

awesome liver said:
cheney would basically had to have been aiming in his general direction since he was using a scattershot.

This really depends on the choke (bore constriction at the end of the barrel) of the gun. If Cheney was shooting a cylinder choke all he would have to do is point the gun in the general direction. If he was shooting a full choke he would pretty much have to be aimed directly at the guy. And because we don't know this information, we can't draw judgement quite yet.

Upvote 0

blueapplepaste

the purpose of life is a life of purpose
Jun 7, 2005
Texas
✟18,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What would happen if the man didn't make it? Would that be involuntary manslaughter?

*note* in no way do I hope the man doesn't make it or anything of the such. This is just a question of curiosity and I hope that the man makes a full recovery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
K

KinderBee

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It was reported on the noon news here in today that Cheney was indeed hunting WITHOUT a quail hunter's license. He was apparently given a "stern warning" from the hunting and gaming commission (or whatever it is called).
rolleyes2.gif
If it'd been a "regular" person hunting w/o a license...and SHOT a member of their hunting party, I'm sure something MORE would have happened to said person.
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

HunterJon

The trees of today, are the stumps of tomorrow
May 4, 2004
Thurmont, MD but currently at Virginia Tech
✟15,472.00
Faith
Protestant
Kinderbee,

When I was watching the news the Texas Wildlife & Fisheries guy, said that he did have a hunting license. He just didn't have the $7 upland game hunting stamp. The wildlife guy also said that the stamp is new this year and that there is usually an unwritten rule that violators of brand new laws just get a verbal warning. He actually said Cheney was the first one to get the written warning for breaking this law. Nothing sinister at work here, he pretty much got the same treatment everyone else gets if they are caught breaking this law.

Upvote 0

jasperbound

The Fragile Incarnate
May 20, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟4,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
imind said:
your perpetuating this lie will not make it true. she was only a passenger in the car.

funny how some christians have no problem with stretching the truth.

Does that matter? If people are partisan enough to turn this hunting accident into some conspiracy assassination attempt despite the fact that not even the man shot suggests it was, then clearly facts don't matter at all.
Now I'm sure what some will say. "What does the man shot have to do with any of this?" Indeed, truthiness is embraced by both the left and the right, Christian and atheist.

Reactions: MsAnne
Upvote 0

jasperbound

The Fragile Incarnate
May 20, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
✟4,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
MikeJ said:
and your point is???? this happened in Texas...if it happened here he would have lost his weapon and liecense for a year...

Yet another reason to dissolve the federation and have only one government, eh?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.