Visit site
✟435,570.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I am not a fan of changes. They make me nervous and jerky, especially when everything has been working just fine.

My father said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", a piece of wisdom I am carrying about in life.

But they've gone and fixed it, and now we have to live with it.

I also noted in the new rules George posted, that it's forbidden to deny the claim of anyone self-identifying as a Christian, that any such denial (as I understand it) will be considered "harassment". What if Mormons claim to be Christians? There used to be a general Nicene-type statement. Is that still there?

Oh good. Now I have "6 new alerts". What the heck does that mean??

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
What wasn't broke to most of you, was incredibly broke to our staff and admins. Posting is a simple process. Maintaining code from over a decade ago and making sure the site stays secure and usable to you all, is not a simple process. Trust us, the site was broken, it just did not appear that way to you.

Also, we appreciate detailed feedback on what you don't like. Overly complicated does not help us improve! :)

Upvote 0

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
That's true enough - but it's not what we have been used to - and therefore we are , at present struggling.

Many of us are struggling with the colours used as backgrounds on the boards - they are too light in shade - could we please have a skin /theme /whatever you like to call it with darker tones . I use a Board in the UK that allows for 4 different skins - and the theme I have settled on is called Evening - describes as darker grey with blue navigation

Reactions: Angeldove97
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm with Rus on BOTH concerns: the new site SUCKS, and I think we should be able to question a person's Christianity. As Rus said, what if we deal with Mormons or Unitarians or JW's and other cult-like groups who deny the Holy Trinity, baptism, and other things? It's Christian to just see Jesus as a nice guy teacher? In that case, Islam is a church. I know St. John Damascene called Islam a Christian heresy, but are they Christians because they like and accept Jesus as a prophet? At what point do we drop the Politically-correct feel-good stuff and learn to preach the truth in love and honesty?

But yeah, I can't stand this new layout! I came on here and sighed.....

I wonder why the powers-that-be at CF couldn't just fix things without the cosmetic and logistical changes on our end? If you're fixing the engine on a car, does the body shell, paint, windshields, tires, wheels, grill, etc. need to be replaced? Just my two cents.

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm struggling with someone putting a "u" in the word colors! ;):p:p:p:eek:

That's true enough - but it's not what we have been used to - and therefore we are , at present struggling.

Many of us are struggling with the colours used as backgrounds on the boards - they are too light in shade - could we please have a skin /theme /whatever you like to call it with darker tones . I use a Board in the UK that allows for 4 different skins - and the theme I have settled on is called Evening - describes as darker grey with blue navigation

Reactions: davedajobauk
Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

We have another style under development.

Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm with Rus on BOTH concerns: the new site SUCKS, and I think we should be able to question a person's Christianity. As Rus said, what if we deal with Mormons or Unitarians or JW's and other cult-like groups who deny the Holy Trinity, baptism, and other things? It's Christian to just see Jesus as a nice guy teacher? In that case, Islam is a church. I know St. John Damascene called Islam a Christian heresy, but are they Christians because they like and accept Jesus as a prophet? At what point do we drop the Politically-correct feel-good stuff and learn to preach the truth in love and honesty?

But yeah, I can't stand this new layout! I came on here and sighed.....

I wonder why the powers-that-be at CF couldn't just fix things without the cosmetic and logistical changes on our end? If you're fixing the engine on a car, does the body shell, paint, windshields, tires, wheels, grill, etc. need to be replaced? Just my two cents.

When the engine breaks, most people upgrade to a new car because it is more economical and makes more sense then relying on old technology that is not as efficient. Rarely does the new car look the same as the old, no matter how much they might have enjoyed the look of the old car.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Anhelyna

Handmaid of God
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2005
Glasgow , Scotland
✟1,297,733.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Gurney - don't be ridiculous - you know I'm fussy about using correct spelling - I only have real spelling problems when I'm trying to use Ukrainian - OH now there's a thought :D

Wonder if I can type in Ukrainian on this new updated board :) Here goes
Христос Воскрес

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nobody actually answered the main question here. Does CF no longer affirm the Nicene Creed as the standard for Christianity?
The new standard is that to be a Christian you must affirm the divinity of Christ. :-/

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
From the perspective of a programmer, I do understand what they mean about the back-end of a system often being an unseen problem. However, there are some things that do bug me...one being the little dot that you click to get to the latest post. I post 95% from my phone, so I didn't have any idea that the dot would take me to the latest post.

That said, I do appreciate the full mobile web experience that the new framework provides. So far it hasn't crashed like the iPhone mobile app often did. I do miss the favorites section from the mobile app though...and the easy access from the app to subscribed forums and threads.

The mobile web interface is clean and a lot easier to use than the old website though...so that is one good thing about the upgrade!

Reactions: davedajobauk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RobNJ

So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish!
Aug 22, 2004
✟166,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The new standard is that to be a Christian you must affirm the divinity of Christ. :-/

Nicene creed is still a requirement, for the congregational fora, according to Da Roolz:

Congregational Forum Restrictions and orthodox Christian Only Forums
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. There are forums reserved for orthodox Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in theUnorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nicene creed is still a requirement, for the congregational fora, according to Da Roolz:

Congregational Forum Restrictions and orthodox Christian Only Forums
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum. There are forums reserved for orthodox Christian members only. Please do not post in these forums unless you are truly a Nicene Creed, Trinitarian Christian (please see our Statement of Faith to know exactly what that is). If you wish to discuss unorthodox doctrines, you may do so in theUnorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum.

Hm that's interesting (and good!)...I read a thread from administrators saying the definition of Christians had been changed and that Mormoms and Jehovah Witnesses were no longer considered to be non-Christians. I'll look it up for the details.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I looked at the rules more...the definition for Christian is what I said above, but the congregational are for orthodox Christians (nicene / trinitarian).

I think the rules used to be more stringent by defining those who are non-nicene / non-trinitarian as non-Christian faiths, whereas now, if you affirm the divinity of Christ, you are defined as Christian (albeit not necessarily orthodox).

Faith groups that deny the full, eternal deity of Jesus Christ or His incarnation whereby He, as God, took on human flesh (becoming fully God and fully man in one person), are considered non-Christians at CF.

Discussions about Nicene and Trinitarian beliefs may take place in the orthodox Christians only forums, all discussions regarding non-Nicene and non-Trinitarian topics will take place in the Unorthodox Doctrinal Discussion forum. Those topics include (but are not limited to)
Universalism
Open Theism
Full Preterism
Trinitarianism
Annihilationism
Discussions related to unorthodox Christian religions

Upvote 0