Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
's funny how this has developed into an everyone [ whether a 'normal' TAW poster or not ] is posting problems and comments here :D
lol yes .. i too found myself here due to the thread title and did not notice what forum it was in.. oh well isn't it nice to have all these visitors ;)

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟817,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
no worries - TAW is a nice hospitable place - they put up with me and I'm not Orthodox :D

So true, they even let this Lutheran post here from time to time. BTW Anhelyna, you may not be "Orthodox", but you are "orthodox";):)

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,013,527.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
OK, I hadn't realised that this was a closed community thread. I just clicked on "Changes to CF" somewhere on the main page.

You are more than welcome to post here...the restriction is just to not try to push non-Orthodox beliefs in this sub-forum. We have multiple non-Orthodox regular posters here...many of whom we consider to be staples in the TAW community :)

Reactions: Architeuthus
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I also noted in the new rules George posted, that it's forbidden to deny the claim of anyone self-identifying as a Christian, that any such denial (as I understand it) will be considered "harassment". What if Mormons claim to be Christians? There used to be a general Nicene-type statement. Is that still there?

I've been on staff for over a year and it's been against the rules to call a poster who self identifies as Christian non-Christian for at least that whole time.

Really, the only substantive changes created by the new rule is that only the member who is flamed can report it. Also the penalties for flaming also changed. All in all, I like the new change, it's really cut down on the amount of reports we have by requiring only the flamed member to report.

Just to underscore the emphasis that CF places on the Nicene Creed, CF recently made it official that JWs and Mormons are not Christian, then moved them from the Unorthodox Chistian Forum, to the Non-Christian forum. So it would not be a rule violation to say those groups are not Christian. You just can't say it about a Nicene-believing Christian.

Upvote 0

Heardthebells

Feb 21, 2013
✟8,316.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I am not a fan of changes. They make me nervous and jerky, especially when everything has been working just fine.

My father said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", a piece of wisdom I am carrying about in life.

But they've gone and fixed it, and now we have to live with it.

Amen. And be leery when another "human" being tells you it is broken.

Upvote 0

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟817,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Amen. And be leery when another "human" being tells you it is broken.

OK, I'll be the ass; it was broken beyond repair. As staff we dealt daily with stuff that people brought to us that did not work. As staff, there were threads that we could not edit; we could not quote stuff in staff threads; etc. etc. etc. It was so frustrating and stressful that many of us were on the verge of eating our young.

While there is much frustration in the transition, the frustrations are in finding out how things work, rather than finding that things do not work.

Upvote 0

Heardthebells

Feb 21, 2013
✟8,316.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
OK, I'll be the ass; it was broken beyond repair. As staff we dealt daily with stuff that people brought to us that did not work. As staff, there were threads that we could not edit; we could not quote stuff in staff threads; etc. etc. etc. It was so frustrating and stressful that many of us were on the verge of eating our young.

While there is much frustration in the transition, the frustrations are in finding out how things work, rather than finding that things do not work.
I really liked the format of the old forum. But not my decision.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MarkRohfrietsch

Unapologetic Apologist
Supporter
Dec 8, 2007
✟817,053.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I really liked the format of the old forum. But not my decision.
I have no thread tools, but my Admin tools work. It is frustrating, but I"m telling myself that I'm learning the new; not missing the old.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,456,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
all y'all guests are more than welcome to hang out and ask us stuff (even cool to vent a tad like the changes to the CF layout), just avoid debates here (that is what St Justin's Corner is for) and please do stick around. Anhelnya, RKO, RileyG, GxG are some non Orthodox brothers and sisters, and they are welcome around here.

please do stick around!

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0