Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's been said before but I think it needs saying again, the republican party of today is not the same republican party that your fathers and grandfathers voted for, this republican party is so far right the democrats now occupy the centre where the republicans used to be.

This is basically true.

In the last several decades, the republicans have moved far right and the democrats have moved towards the middle.

When you consider, that most presidential historians consider Richard Nixon, to be our most liberal president regarding his policies since FDR, tells you a bit about how far right the republican party has moved.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you actually, um, looked at Republican policies? Because they are very anti-abortion, and abortion is legal, btw, already. But to suggest it would be "deregulated" (by which I assume you mean 'on demand') doesn't make any sense at all, given that the most conservative/Republican states are trying to bring in legislation (and often succeed) that further limit women's rights to abortion. So, I don't know which Republican party it is that you're thinking about. Maybe one on Mars?
Very basically, my point, is that Republicans would rather NOT have government in their private affairs. So, the bigger issue is NOT abortion, etc., but is big government. Less is more, and Dems would do better at promoting their causes by downsizing the government involvement. Dems on the other hand, like big government...so every little issue becomes a BIG issue and a big fight, mostly because they make a big deal of it.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Very basically, my point, is that Republicans would rather NOT have government in their private affairs. So, the bigger issue is NOT abortion, etc., but is big government. Less is more, and Dems would do better at promoting their causes by downsizing the government involvement. Dems on the other hand, like big government...so every little issue becomes a BIG issue and a big fight, mostly because they make a big deal of it.
Then why are Republicans interfering in the decisions that women make about their reproductive health?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
No, it makes me feel slighted, and I see the whole program as wasteful. Americans are paying way too high a price for the service I am now getting. It's a bad deal.
Then I suggest you get off of the ACA and go to Etna or some other insurance company and pay full price.

Please don't tell us how sour the milk is while you continue to suck on the teat....

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then why are Republicans interfering in the decisions that women make about their reproductive health?
I just gave you the answer: Because Dems have made a big issue of it. But they have not been smart about it. Do you really think that promoting changes of baby disposal sites is helping the cause in the public eye? If they really wanted to have the freedom, they should shut them all down, and insist on regular medical facilities and the highest of safety standards. And it doesn't matter how close to that things already are (doctor's, safety, etc.)...it's just the worst possible PR program to have all the specialized clinics.

Republicans really only object to the blatant, specialized, wholesale, mayhem, outside the medical norm.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I just gave you the answer: Because Dems have made a big issue of it. But they have not been smart about it. Do you really think that promoting changes of baby disposal sites is helping the cause in the public eye? If they really wanted to have the freedom, they should shut them all down, and insist on regular medical facilities and the highest of safety standards. And it doesn't matter how close to that things already are (doctor's, safety, etc.)...it's just the worst possible PR program to have all the specialized clinics.

Republicans really only object to the blatant, specialized, wholesale, mayhem, outside the medical norm.
Thanks for confirming that Republicans want big government to interfere in women's reproductive health.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then I suggest you get off of the ACA and go to Etna or some other insurance company and pay full price.

Please don't tell us how sour the milk is while you continue to suck on the teat....
I was there minding my own business, and the teat came in uninvited, giving me no other choice. Please tell them to leave. I was here first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I was there minding my own business, and the teat came in uninvited, giving me no other choice. Please tell them to leave. I was here first.
For goodness sake man, pull you hand from the fire if it burns....

Don't just tell us it burns.

You have a choice.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for confirming that Republicans want big government to interfere in women's reproductive health.
Wow, you really are NOT paying attention. I said...that Republicans don't care so much about the issues as they do about NOT having big government interfering.

Upvote 0

Hetta

I'll find my way home
Jun 21, 2012
the here and now
✟64,923.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Wow, you really are NOT paying attention. I said...that Republicans don't care so much about the issues as they do about NOT having big government interfering.
I'm paying lots of attention and yes the Republicans absolutely want to be present at every OB/GYN appointment of every woman. If they could.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I'm paying lots of attention and yes the Republicans absolutely want to be present at every OB/GYN appointment of every woman. If they could.
I am not so sure....

They may just want to do away with OB/GYN's all together.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,365.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

Yes yes. They don't WANT to regulate abortion but those darn democrats are just forcing them to do so. <Roll eyes>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

OK...that was funny, I don't agree, but still, that was pretty funny :D
tulc((definitely LOL'd) :wave:

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I actually laughed out loud at this one.
Well you can stop laughing because the republicans will not be in power for the foreseeable future,
the Internet and TV has allowed Americans to see how other people are living in other free rich democratic countries,
[just like America] where the ordinary people have a larger slice of the countries wealth, and they like what they see,
places where people live longer, have more time off and have a better quality of life, places where people do not stay in jobs they hate just so they do not lose their health insurance.
A couple more democratic presidents and America will have caught up with the other civilised countries,
then they can surge ahead and once more be the best country in the world.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sorry, can't let this one pass: it was the Republicans that forced hospitals to stop performing abortions. :wave:
tulc(in case anyone was interested in the truth)

Upvote 0

ScottA

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I AM one of those Republicans and I don't fit what you just described, nor would I say that is accurate. While I don't believe in abortion except in special circumstances, I DO believe that abortion would not be a problem for MOST Republicans if it were not first a hidden/shady affair, then a wholesale industry separate from regular medical facilities and doctors, and now a political mess.

Marijuana is no different: First shady, then special, now a political mess.

Upvote 0