Carl Baugh, Gospel Defender

I just want all of you to know that I have seen the evidence! I have been to Carl Baugh's Christian Evidence Museum and seen the man made tracks next to dinosuar footprints!

Dr. Baugh has discussed as well the fact that people were a lot smarter before the flood due to the atmospheric pressure making it easier for our bodies to process oxygen. It is even speculated that a man could run several hundred miles and not even get tired back then.

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by The Highwayman
I just want all of you to know that I have seen the evidence! I have been to Carl Baugh's Christian Evidence Museum and seen the man made tracks next to dinosuar footprints!

Dr. Baugh has discussed as well the fact that people were a lot smarter before the flood due to the atmospheric pressure making it easier for our bodies to process oxygen. It is even speculated that a man could run several hundred miles and not even get tired back then.

I don't know about that I don't think someone could run hundred's of miles. And for the evidence well I havn't seen any evidence of a flood. And humans can only use 10% of there brain and people could be smarter than some people just look at Albert Einstein and other really smart people.

Upvote 0

Ajnin

Here's looking at you.
Jul 12, 2002
From WCW Special Forces
Visit site
✟15,573.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
I don't post a lot in the science forum because I'm not really adept at science, but I'd just like to contribute two things to this thread, one, see this webpage for information about humans and only using ten percent of their brain: http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

As for humans running hundreds of miles with out tiring, a few questions, Why would humans need to run hundreds and hundreds of miles without tiring? Wouldn't they need to eat if they didn't get tired? Or drink for that matter? And how fast were they going at the time?

Upvote 0

kaotic

Learn physics
Sep 22, 2002
North Carolina, USA
Visit site
✟14,836.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
Originally posted by Ajnin
I don't post a lot in the science forum because I'm not really adept at science, but I'd just like to contribute two things to this thread, one, see this webpage for information about humans and only using ten percent of their brain: http://www.snopes.com/science/stats/10percnt.htm

As for humans running hundreds of miles with out tiring, a few questions, Why would humans need to run hundreds and hundreds of miles without tiring? Wouldn't they need to eat if they didn't get tired? Or drink for that matter? And how fast were they going at the time?

Thanks for the link. I liked it. But right now humans only use 10% of there brains, Well thats what I have learned, but I might be wrong. And a human could I guess run hundreds of miles if they stoped to eat and rest and drink water, but no one could run hundreds of miles nonstop.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by seesaw
I don't know about that I don't think someone could run hundred's of miles. And for the evidence well I havn't seen any evidence of a flood. And humans can only use 10% of there brain and people could be smarter than some people just look at Albert Einstein and other really smart people.

Ultrarunners regularly run 100 mile racers, so I'd suspect it's possible.

Upvote 0

Nathan Poe

Sep 21, 2002
United States
✟41,319.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Democrat
And the "human" tracks he's referring to are also known as the Pauxley River tracks. It's pretty common knowledge that those tracks aren't human after all.

The tracks may have been an honest mistake, but there's not much that's honest about Baugh's credentials The man's a fraud:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/degrees.html

Even AIG has distanced themselves from this quack:

http://members.aol.com/Paluxy2/whatbau.htm

Two slightly unrelated questions:

1: How does Carl Baugh intend to defend the Christian faith through deliberate misrepresentations of the facts and himself?

2: What exactly is Baugh "defending" anyway? Is faith so weak that Baugh is called on to "save" it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums