Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its like what new writers did to the simpsons...ran it to the ground and changed the characters. For example, Homer used to be this lovable dimwit but they made him into a class a jerk.

Flanders used to be this slightly annoying kind hearted christian fella but they made him into a hypocrite fundamentalist.

And other stuff like that.

Reactions: James of Arc
Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single

I understand that this is in controversy, as it treats all games equally instead of breaking them down by category.

I've seen counter-arguments claiming that this new lead is due in large part to the rise of such "casual" games as "Candy Crush", and so I'm wondering if anyone has sat down and calculated genders by genre.

As far as Captain America goes -

I'm seeing speculation online that his whole bit as a deep-cover Hydra agent is actually the result of brainwashing or some other sort of mind control and that it's only just now being made manifest.

Either way, I'm going to wait until a proper explanation emerges before I pay full retail for Marvel right now.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
This is because the originial creator got tired and ran out of ideas.

Actually, a lot of the classic creators are dead. Siegel and Shuster. Bob Kane. Jack Kirby. All gone. Also gone are a number of artists like Joe Kubert and Markalan Joplin.

As unfortunate as it may be, they're in no position to exercise any influence over anything anymore.

Stan Lee gets so much hype these days in large part because he's still alive and still healthy enough to play an active part in everything. And even then, he's frequently credited in an "emeritus" position and so his authority is limited in matters.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
lmao how much can someone ruin captain americas image?

Marvel and DC are both seemingly in a race to determine who can screw up their print titles the most.

DC's in the lead, however, because they have a greater history of stupidity, both in terms of their creative works *and* in terms of the people behind those creative works. In fact, DC just spent the better part of a month dealing with allegations that one of their senior editors was a known sexual harasser and that his superiors allowed him to remain in his position despite knowing who he was.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
well yea they could be dead as well. But sometimes they just get tired and run out of inspiration.

for example, I didn't know Jim Davis hired Brett Koth to write/draw Garfield sometime around the late 80s.

The humour changed and I didn't know why.

Upvote 0

Taom Ben Robert

Roman Catholic
Apr 22, 2015
U.S.
✟21,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To be fair , the new comics did not retcon previous ones , ( i.e. the multiple literally thousands of lives he showed mercy to , cared for and protected , when no one was watching , as well as his honesty when it could have cost him his life ) so no he's still a superhero , which makes the new development all the more sickening , I mean how do you get a superhero neo nazi , that shouldn't even be possible !!!!!

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
To be fair , the new comics did not retcon previous ones , ( i.e. the multiple literally thousands of lives he showed mercy to , cared for and protected , when no one was watching , as well as his honesty when it could have cost him his life ) so no he's still a superhero , which makes the new development all the more sickening , I mean how do you get a superhero neo nazi , that shouldn't even be possible !!!!!

As I mentioned in one of my posts, there's speculation that - based on some of what has come before - what we're seeing is actually the result of recent mind altering, such as brainwashing or hypnotic suggestion.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe it will be a pro-nazi film. Lol. Daring at least.
yeah like people worry about the LGBTQ community not being represented reasonably in comic books
well now the Alt-Right can have their own super hero LOL

Sources? I know most people who play hardcore games are not women. Most women who game play things like "angry birds" or "Kim Kardashian's wild boat ride."
this is a point I have to disagree with you on
video games are video games
we can not really say what is "hardcore games" or not
like is it an online game, a MMORPG? only console count?

i used to think like you, but it is a kind of arbitrary way to look at games..... just my POV

oh and Hail Hydra

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums