Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just a heads-up folks - this is a non-debate forum.

From the Statement of Purpose for Christian Advice ...

We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints. Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Christian Advice forum. If members would like to discuss/debate specific Christian theological doctrines, they should do so in one of the Theology forums.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Just a heads-up folks - this is a non-debate forum.

From the Statement of Purpose for Christian Advice ...

We would ask that members direct their responses to the member who started the thread and refrain from debating one another's theological beliefs and viewpoints. Do not use this forum to debate with other Christians as that is not the purpose of the Christian Advice forum. If members would like to discuss/debate specific Christian theological doctrines, they should do so in one of the Theology forums.

Oooooooooopppppps!!!!!:doh::doh::doh:

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oooooooooopppppps!!!!!:doh::doh::doh:

It happens.

Sometimes I post then realize I'm somewhere else.

But it's not usually helpful for the one seeking advice to have it turn into a theology debate. :)

Upvote 0

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
To the OP. Of course you are Baptised! Being Baptised in the CC is awesome!

Seek a priest and confess everything! Make a good examination of conscience and make a list of your sins. Tell the priest you have not been to confession in a very long time. Remember, the priest has probably heard all types of sins!

If you not sure how to confess here is a link to some info:

How To Go To Confession

God bless you

John 20:21-23
21 Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟167,189.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was baptized the catholic way, but I was told it is no good. It has got to be done the right way, a full immersion.

I wan't to recieve the spirit of the Lord but I don't know anyone who can baptize me that way. Should I do the catholic sacrament of confirmation (I think), I have the 1st communion.

What should I do. I feel I in stuck in a rut.

Thanks.
The true saving baptism is the baptism into Christ by the Spirit. Paul wrote that by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body 1 Cor 12:13 and we also read as many as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ in Galatians 3

The saving baptism is notvwTer baptism according to scripture .

Peter said the saving baptism is the answer of a good conscience by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. As 8 souls were saved in the ark of Noah so those who are immersed or baptized into Christ are saved they have the inner witness in thiercinscience. And are raised up with Christ this answer of a good conscience is spoken of in Hebrews 9 and you will see there that diverse washings (baptisms also included) could not make them perfect as pertaining to the conscience.do no work of carnal flesh can perfect the conscience only through the Spirit and the blood of Christ in faith can this happen as we read in Hebrews 9 as well

The word conscience means with knowledge and the OT saints did not have the knowledge of the finished work of Christ as we do. We have a full assurance of how and the inner witness

In 1 Peter 3:21 Peter says that the saving baptism is not the putting away of the filth of the flesh , or that is to say it is not an outward washing with water

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was baptized the catholic way, but I was told it is no good. It has got to be done the right way, a full immersion.

I wan't to recieve the spirit of the Lord but I don't know anyone who can baptize me that way. Should I do the catholic sacrament of confirmation (I think), I have the 1st communion.

Thanks.

Hello Friend...
First, you need Biblical clarity on "Baptism"...

"I baptize you with water, but He (Jesus) will baptize you with the Holy Spirit" - John the Baptist

"The water I give you will become a well of water inside you, springing up into Everlasting Life:" - Jesus Christ

"For there is ONE baptism" - Paul the Apostle

Do you understand that men baptize other men with physical water, but Jesus baptizes men into the Holy Spirit? Jesus' baptism is the only ONE baptism!

If you have received Jesus' baptism into His Spirit, by confessing to Him your sins and asking for the Holy Spirit, then you can now show your received Faith by being dunked in water by a Man of God.

Almost any Independent Baptist or Southern Baptist church, along with most Assemblies of God churches would love to see you follow Jesus' physical example of water Baptism, as long as you have received the ONE TRUE baptism of Jesus' Holy Spirit.

If you are in Indiana, I would love to baptize you in this way.... "I baptize you in the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I baptize you in Jesus Christ" *plugs nose, lowers you backwards, fully underneath the water. Bring you up and out saying 'Raised to walk in newness of life".

But remember, the only Baptism that saves is Jesus' Spirit. You MUST have that Baptism.... water baptism only provides a clear conscious, not necessarily a new spirit or cleaned soul.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fidelibus

Jan 4, 2017
U.S.A.
✟66,007.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I was baptized the catholic way, but I was told it is no good.

Who ever told you your Baptisim is invalid is incorrect. A person can only receive baptism once since the sacrament's effects on the soul are regenerative and transforming. This sacramental character can never be removed or repeated as it says in Eph.4:5... "one Lord, one faith, one baptism." And where we profess in the Nicene Creed..."We acknowledge one baptisim for the forgiveness of sins." As many have stated, anything after that is just getting wet.
It has got to be done the right way, a full immersion.
I disagree, for the New Testament contains no explicit instructions on how physically to administer the water of baptism. Also, what of those that live in areas where water is scarce, such as the desert or in sub-zero temperatures where a full immersion baptisim would be impossible?
And then we have valid baptisims where water is not a requirement such as the baptisim of desire that serves the same purpose whereby, like the thief on the Cross, one cannot physically receive water baptism even while fully desiring its effects. And then we have the baptism of blood. In the baptism of blood we know that a person who is martyred for their faith is baptized without water baptism merely because of their being martyred.
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thanks.
Reverend Wurmbrand was a Jewish Romanian Pastor during the Soviet occupation of Eastern Europe. He was arrested for his church activities and was tortured in prison for not denouncing Christ. He continued his Christian activities in prison and wrote that he once baptized a prisoner with a cup of water. God will show mercy to a repentant soul. Changing your life for the better is more important than where or when you were baptized. If God calls you to be baptized as an adult, then you should do it. Always seek God's calling. It may not be necessary to get re-baptized every time one backslides. Only repentance is needed. There is a strong Christian tradition in preaching the word and baptizing.

Some European missionaries paid a ransom to communist authorities and got Reverend Wurmbrand out of Romania. Eventually Wurmbrand and his wife traveled to America where he started a charity named Voice of the Martyrs to smuggle Bibles and aid into Communist countries before the fall of the Berlin Wall during the Reagan Administration. He who once shared his meager prison rations with others lived into his 90's.

Upvote 0

chilehed

Veteran
Jul 31, 2003
Michigan
✟237,116.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That's nonsense. Catholic Baptism is perfectly valid, we've been doing it the same way since the time of the Apostles, and since Baptism is permanent there's no need to go through the motions a second time.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
What everyone should do is be baptised every day. lol this way, you make sure that of it (if anyone's not) and...if you all get wet, you all get wet anyway. There is no harm done.

Its like reading the bible, do you just read it through once...no you read it everyday. But there is ONE Bible. Do you just eat the Lord's supper once and then that's it? No but there is really only ONE Lord's supper (catholics say 'one bread, one body') well..come on is it just one piece of bread you eat and that's it?

I would say if you having doubts, be baptised. You will KNOW when you've obeyed the Lord in this area.

The practice of baptism does stem from the jewish custom of mikvah. This it to be clean also. Women were to do this every month and it was full immersion. It wasn't a shower! God wants us to be clean.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But I feel the need to confess my sins also. I'm desperate. What should one do? I have asked for the spirit but I find nothing but fear and travail.
Christ died and was raised on the third day. At the very moment that He stated "it is finished", the curtain that separated the Holy of Holy's and the rest of the world ripped from top to bottom. There is no separation from you and Christ.

You want to be forgiven and confess? You only need to say the words. It could be in your car, it could be on a bus, it could be on your knees in a quiet room in your home. It could be totally by yourself, it could be with your best friend or friends. It could be with a stranger who knows your heart.....

It matters not... your heart is right. TELL Christ. You are sorry for what ever sin's you want to confess... He will hear you and forgive you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced
OP. You are a Catholic so i would suggest you do what a Catholic is supposed to do. Go to confession. You will be amazed how much better you will feel once you have been.

Upvote 0

wayfarersoul1978

Site Supporter
Aug 23, 2014
Northern Eastern
Visit site
✟56,375.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

What should I do. I feel I in stuck in rut. First of all who do think we're the first churches? They were the Latin and Greek branches of Christianity. If you were baptism by the Father, the Son, the Holy Ghost you are christian. Have you made a personal commitment to Christ and know he is your Lord and savior? If you do you are christian and most likely saved. We're all sinners and fall short of the glory. The most important is to struggle with your faith and offer up your life to Christ. If you do that, repent and change your are not far off my friend.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I wouldn't insist that you be baptized again. But I requested a new baptism when I came to Christ because the religion I had been in wasn't biblical. Pray about your spiritual decisions. And find answers in the Bible instead of from every Tom, Dick, and Harry.

We confess our sins to God and he forgives us.

1 John 1
6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:

7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Our Compassionate High Priest
14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

God bless and guide you. Believers have the Holy Spirit. They don't need to speak in tongues to prove it to themselves or anyone else. Read 1, 2, and 3 John!

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Guerrier, lets say you were really "stuck in a rut" you were never baptized the Catholic Way and you find your self dying in a desert place, and a priest happened to pass by and sees you. You aware that you have never been baptized, cried out to the Priest telling the priest baptize me, however, the priest only had much less than a teaspoon of holy water that he was carrying in a small bottle with him, and with it, the priest pours the water over your head saying: I baptize you, in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit baptized you, You are then BAPTIZED

Guerrier, the point is: it does not take quantity / gallons and gallons water to be baptized, it only Just takes water.

Guerrier, The rut you are stuck is to believe that you are not baptized and that God does not have the power to baptized you with a sprinkle of water over your head.

Thanks.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married

Thanks.
Baptism is not a requirement of salvation anyway. Any more than wearing a wedding ring makes you married.

You can be married and not wear a ring. You can wear a ring and not be married...

No, the important thing here is that you accept Christ. Baptism is a public profession of your faith and should be done in obedience to Christ.

However, the thief on the cross was not baptized and he went to be with his Lord and savior.

Upvote 0