Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Officially, no. The Baby Ruth was said to be named after Pres. Grover Cleveland's deceased daughter aka Baby Ruth (Cleveland).
However the candy bar was originally called "Kandy Kake" and was renamed during the era of Babe Ruth. Speculation is, the candy company was avoiding the commercial tie to prevent payment(s).
I've always thought that Baby Ruth and Snickers were the same thing by different companies.

I like Goo Goo Clusters, Zero Candy Bar and Pay Day.
original Pay Day only, the chocolate covered is too salty, where the salt works without the chocolate.
I disagree with the br and Snickers being the same:) thanks for the info

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟635,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I disagree with the br and Snickers being the same:) thanks for the info
They don't taste the same.
However one is described as: peanuts, caramel, and milk chocolate-flavored nougat, covered in compound chocolate.
the other is: a chocolate bar consisting of nougat topped with caramel and peanuts, and all encased in milk chocolate

Same stuff, different companies, slightly different ordering.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟355,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
this one pains me ... I love sugar as a kid, and as an adult :p
but I have been cutting down on sugar for a while ...

but, man, I love every candy ... all, except those hard ones ... they're still OK ... but they would be at the bottom of the list,

those white toblerones, snickers, coffee crisp, reese's, tootsie rolls, bounty!!!, hershey, nah, too boring ...
M&M, the ones with peanuts, gummie worms, love the sour ones, too ...
yeah, I was quite the sugar addict, lol

but have cut down on the sugar ... happy and sad at the same time ...
I'm glad you are beating the habit. Keep up the good work. I don't like butter finger cuz of it's hard guts or m and M's cuz of it's hard shells. Bounty? Haven't heard of that one,. Gummies, ick:)

Reactions: ari.sketch
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟355,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
They don't taste the same.
However one is described as: candy bar made of peanuts, caramel, and milk chocolate-flavored nougat, covered in compound chocolate.
the other is: a chocolate bar consisting of nougat topped with caramel and peanuts, and all encased in milk chocolate

Same stuff, different companies, slight;y different ordering.
To see and taste both they don't seem the same to me. Masters at disguise:)

Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟14,889.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad you are beating the habit. Keep up the good work. I don't like butter finger cuz of it's hard guts or m and M's cuz of it's hard shells. Bounty? Haven't heard of that one,. Gummies, ick:)

thanks, appreciate it, it was/is tough (breaking the habit), but I pretty much have gotten rid of candies now, and don't really have strong desire for them, just find them way too sweet now,

trying my best to stay away from artificial sugar, though it's virtually impossible(?) in this day and age,

getting my sugar from fruits and natural honey

Bounty chocolate bar, chocolate bar with coconut :)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟355,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
thanks, appreciate it, it was/is tough (breaking the habit), but I pretty much have gotten rid of candies now, and don't really have strong desire for them, just find them way too sweet now,

trying my best to stay away from artificial sugar, though it's virtually impossible(?) in this day and age,

getting my sugar from fruits and natural honey

Bounty chocolate bar, chocolate bar with coconut :)
Any secrets on how to get the bad ones out of your life?

Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

I don't eat them frequently, but every time I spot that distinctive orange packaging, I can't help but have a moment of... "Should I have one?" This particular craving doesn't arise for any other candy. But I'll stand idle in front of a package of Reese's debating on whether I want it or not 100% of the time without fail. I'm in and out of stores. I don't shop about. I know what I want, I get it, I get out. Don't even think about Reese's. But the moment I spot that orange, I need a moment.

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟355,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

I don't eat them frequently, but every time I spot that distinctive orange packaging, I can't help but have a moment of... "Should I have one?" This particular craving doesn't arise for any other candy. But I'll stand idle in front of a package of Reese's debating on whether I want it or not 100% of the time without fail. I'm in and out of stores. I don't shop about. I know what I want, I get it, I get out. Don't even think about Reese's. But the moment I spot that orange, I need a moment.
Lol

• Friendly
Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,166,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's sad and always a reminder if you ever see a baby Ruth again:(
Was that named after babe Ruth?

According to Wikipedia there is some controversy regarding whether or not it was named after Baby Ruth. Officially the company says no, but it's believed it probably is, but they just don't want to pay royalties. That it's actually named after a former US president's daughter.

In my mind... it's probably a little of both... but more that they wanted to capitalize on Babe Ruth's popularity without having to pay him for it.

Upvote 0

ari.sketch

Aug 14, 2023
Daejeon
✟14,889.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Any secrets on how to get the bad ones out of your life?

I don't know about any secrets, for me it's just preferring one over the other,

preferring health, having a healthy body/life, over sugar ... then, it's just a matter of discipline,

but what I find is, as I go on without (artificial) sugar, candies, etc., the less I want them,
I take my sugar from (pure, natural) honey and fruit mostly

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟355,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,015,508.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I can't believe i missed this opportunity:)
Doggie, you'll kill yourself eating chocolate.:). Doggies especially corrugated can't eat chocolate it's poison to them:)

I eat special chocolate made with a secret recipe!!! Woof!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟355,265.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I ate a few mini babe
R's today. First time for br's in years. Minis are different so i didn't get to eat the outside in.
Wouldn't it be nice if some of the members from other countries would tell us about their candies?

Reactions: MehGuy
Upvote 0