Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I said I'd mod this room so I can LORD it over you'll.
They didn't list much about what one had to do other than a few hours a week. Since I'm here anyways! I'm sure there is some more.

Ha ha yeah, cuz I SO need to be Lorded over lol. :wave:

Upvote 0

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Well something did happen to me (divorce) ahd I haven't had sex since January 2006. I'm surviving.

yeah, mine was my husband passing away 2005. Now the guys are gonna come on here and say it's easier for us because we are women

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
yeah, mine was my husband passing away 2005. Now the guys are gonna come on here and say it's easier for us because we are women
Well....in every major city that I have ever visited,you see women on the street corners being picked up by men. In my 58 years on this planet,I have never seen men standing on a street corner being picked up by women. So,it is obvious,that when it comes to sex,men are the weaker sex. :) Wemen can live without men,but men cannot live without women. How many times have we read,when a couple has lived together for a long time,after the wife dies,the husband also dies within 6 to 12 months later? Even GOD said,"It is not good for the man to be alone." GOD made Eve for Adam.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Its always hard to compare things that we can't quantify directly and we can't feel each others desires and anguish each sex goes thru.

It might be that women aren't as willing to deal with the emotions of having sex without the legal agreements. It might be that men don't care what other people say about them if they are found out. It might be that men put down the women that do give them the sex they want and women don't have a good counter move.

I can say the two women I have been with long term wanted about half the sex I wanted and they were more afraid than I was of have some adventure with our sexual expression.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Well something did happen to me (divorce) ahd I haven't had sex since January 2006. I'm surviving.

I have not had sex this month,and this month is half way gone.Well,at least it is a start.

The only physical contact that I had with a woman this month was at a dance last Saturday. :)

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
How many times have we read,when a couple has lived together for a long time,after the wife dies,the husband also dies within 6 to 12 months later? Even GOD said,"It is not good for the man to be alone." GOD made Eve for Adam.

Exit...this is a very insensitive statement. If I could have voluntarily died after my husband died, I would have...to this day, the first thought in morning is "d@mn, I woke up again". I know plenty of widowers who are able to get up each morning and raise their kids just like us widows. We do it out of necessity and it has nothing to do with sex. Older men probably die quickly because they have become dependent on their wives for things other than sex...(like healthy food...).

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Exit...this is a very insensitive statement. If I could have voluntarily died after my husband died, I would have...to this day, the first thought in morning is "d@mn, I woke up again". I know plenty of widowers who are able to get up each morning and raise their kids just like us widows. We do it out of necessity and it has nothing to do with sex. Older men probably die quickly because they have become dependent on their wives for things other than sex...(like healthy food...).

I did not mean it for it to be insensitive. I was just stating a fact.You said it yourself,"Older men probally die quickly beacuse they have become dependent on thier wives for things other than sex....(like heathy food)".

That was exactly my point.I was not only talking about sex. Some men cannot survive without a woman taking care of them. Me,...well I am the exception that proves the rule,because I am so independant. My mother reared me that way.

Why do you only see conflict in me? You are living proof that most women only think the worse of me,without giving me a chance to prove myself. The proof is in the pudding. I rest my case.

And women wonder why men do not talk much. I have a riddle. If a man is all alone in a forrest,with no women around,and he begains to speak. Does he still says something wrong?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I did not mean it for it to be insensitive. I was just stating a fact.You said it yourself,"Older men probally die quickly beacuse they have become dependent on thier wives for things other than sex....(like heathy food)".

That was exactly my point.I was not only talking about sex. Some men cannot survive without a woman taking care of them. Me,...well I am the exception that proves the rule,because I am so independant. My mother reared me that way.

Why do you only see conflict in me? You are living proof that most women only think the worse of me,without giving me a chance to prove myself. The proof is in the pudding. I rest my case.

And women wonder why men do not talk much. I have a riddle. If a man is all alone in a forrest,with no women around,and he begains to speak. Does he still says something wrong?

You were not stating fact but rather some anecdotal evidence....in fact, I believe many women die within that same 6-12 month periods. Grief kind of sucks the life out of you. Considering that men tend to die younger than women and women tend to marry older men...I'm not so sure you can say that there is a measurable correlation.

However, why argue with me? I said I found this statement to be insensitive...I needed my husband every bit as much as he needed me. I'm sorry I didn't die to prove it.

If I find conflict with you, it is because I don't agree with something you said...kind of the premise of a discussion forum...it isn't anything personal. I don't believe I have ever made a personal attack upon you...I discuss the subject at hand...and this thread's subject was "can you live without sex?"

And my answer was even old men....whose wives die before them...won't die from a lack of sex. If this was likely, then I'd think the young widowers would die much faster...and yet, I haven't lost a single young widower friend to death by loss of sex.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
You were not stating fact but rather some anecdotal evidence....in fact, I believe many women die within that same 6-12 month periods. Grief kind of sucks the life out of you. Considering that men tend to die younger than women and women tend to marry older men...I'm not so sure you can say that there is a measurable correlation.

However, why argue with me? I said I found this statement to be insensitive...I needed my husband every bit as much as he needed me. I'm sorry I didn't die to prove it.

If I find conflict with you, it is because I don't agree with something you said...kind of the premise of a discussion forum...it isn't anything personal. I don't believe I have ever made a personal attack upon you...I discuss the subject at hand...and this thread's subject was "can you live without sex?"

And my answer was even old men....whose wives die before them...won't die from a lack of sex. If this was likely, then I'd think the young widowers would die much faster...and yet, I haven't lost a single young widower friend to death by loss of sex.
Yes,the thread's topic is "can one live without sex?" Sure,people can exist without sex. But ,one would not have much of a life without sex. Life is for doing things,experencing things,enjoying things,enjoying people,helping people,serving people,and not in any particular order. A plant can exist.But,can a plant really live? A bacterium can exist.But,can a bacterium really live? A virus can exist.But, can a virus really live?

Upvote 0

3rdHeaven

Truth Seeker
Nov 23, 2011
✟1,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes,the thread's topic is "can one live without sex?" Sure,people can exist without sex. But ,one would not have much of a life without sex. Life is for doing things,experencing things,enjoying things,enjoying people,helping people,serving people,and not in any particular order. A plant can exist.But,can a plant really live? A bacterium can exist.But,can a bacterium really live? A virus can exist.But, can a virus really live?

A virus lives by multiplying. It lives to multiple and spread.

Wonder what it will be like in heaven with no sex, guess that aint living lol

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I am living. I am not having sex. And although I miss it, I won't die without it. In fact complications from the cancer, removed sex from our lives before he died. I'd take him back, even without sex, in a heartbeat. What we really can't live without is love.

Let me add that it was probably the treatment (radiation) that affected him...and he was willing to give up sex IN ORDER to live.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

memoriesbymichelle

Senior Veteran
Jun 8, 2007
Arizona
✟22,350.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I am living. I am not having sex. And although I miss it, I won't die without it. In fact complications from the cancer, removed sex from our lives before he died. I'd take him back, even without sex, in a heartbeat. What we really can't live without is love.

I am living and I am not having sex too! To say that you can't enjoy life without sex it exactly my point, exit and dayhiker. What I think of is what IF you finally found your true sex partner and everything was going great and then BAM, something happens, either you can't get a rise any more, or she or you have some disease like CANCER, and then what? Seriously you would not be happy any longer because you can't have that one silly thing called sex? Really? If that is the case I feel sorry for you. I don't think there will be sex in heaven and I don't think ANYBODY will care!
My husband still wanted sex when he was to ill to breathe but we both know it would have killed him sooner so we didn't risk it. And I would take him back in a heartbeat without sex! I have friends that are married and they don't have sex and they are perfectly fine with it. Relationships and love are what's important, not the act of sex. That is an expression of love yes, but it is not love in and of itself. And just because YOU can't live without it, please do not assume that others cannot live AND enjoy life without it, because we can and we do.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
A virus lives by multiplying. It lives to multiple and spread.

Wonder what it will be like in heaven with no sex, guess that aint living lol
Yes,there will be no sex in heaven.But,I am very confident in GOD,that HE has somethings in heaven that are better than sex.

As the bible says"Eyes have not seen.Ears have not heard,nor has it even entered into the hearts( imagination) of people,what the Father has in store for us in Heaven!" :preach:

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I am living and I am not having sex too! To say that you can't enjoy life without sex it exactly my point, exit and dayhiker. What I think of is what IF you finally found your true sex partner and everything was going great and then BAM, something happens, either you can't get a rise any more, or she or you have some disease like CANCER, and then what? Seriously you would not be happy any longer because you can't have that one silly thing called sex? Really? If that is the case I feel sorry for you. I don't think there will be sex in heaven and I don't think ANYBODY will care!
My husband still wanted sex when he was to ill to breathe but we both know it would have killed him sooner so we didn't risk it. And I would take him back in a heartbeat without sex! I have friends that are married and they don't have sex and they are perfectly fine with it. Relationships and love are what's important, not the act of sex. That is an expression of love yes, but it is not love in and of itself. And just because YOU can't live without it, please do not assume that others cannot live AND enjoy life without it, because we can and we do.
Michelle,If you can live without sex,then more power to you. You are a better person than I am. The point I was trying to make,as you and Blackribbon has stated,I only hear women say that they can live without sex. I never heard a man say that he can live without sex.. That is the difference,in general,between a man and a woman.

By the way,speaking of a man having sex before taking his last breath,Jerry Garcia's wife said that Jerry Garcia,of "The Gratefull Dead" Band,died with a big smile on his face. :)
I will leave that up to your imagination.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.