spiersdodgerblue

Senior Veteran
Jan 31, 2007
✟18,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Talk about what this means to you personally in your everyday life?

Matthew 4:7

7Jesus said to him, "On the other hand, it is written, 'YOU SHALL NOT PUT THE LORD YOUR GOD TO THE TEST.'"

I asked someone IRL lol (as if y'all are not real lol sorry ^_^) and all I get back are these long Commentaries.

I can seek out the Commentaries myself. I was trying to get someone to talk to me about their faith and it seems harder to do without people looking online or reading out of someones book.

Thank you

God Bless!

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Real world stuff. My wife and I planned on a big family. Six kids at least. Due to medical issues, we both got fixed because we didn't want to risk her getting pregnant and dying. We were concerned that some might think that we weren't trusting God. But we didn't want to presume anything. God also gives us wisdom. We should use it.

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

I believe that God will bless my finances, but I do not test God in this by making bad financial choices for Him to bail me out of.

I believe that God will bless my health, but I do not test Him by smoking 3 packs a day, eating fast food everyday, and refusing to exercise.

I believe that God will bless my marriage, but I do not test Him by cheating on my wife.

And, when I do make poor choices with my finances, my health, or my marriage, I accept that God might just choose not to undo the consequences of my stupidity.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,729,323.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God will bless my finances, but I do not test God in this by making bad financial choices for Him to bail me out of.

I believe that God will bless my health, but I do not test Him by smoking 3 packs a day, eating fast food everyday, and refusing to exercise.

I believe that God will bless my marriage, but I do not test Him by cheating on my wife.

And, when I do make poor choices with my finances, my health, or my marriage, I accept that God might just choose not to undo the consequences of my stupidity.

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0