Can someone say a prayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
That I won't kill a few mechanics. They keep lying to me about when the major repairs on my car will be finished. I'm losing my temper and am about to find some hit men to do them in. If they only knew what it is like to be without a car longer than being told. 2 weeks longer and counting.

I'm not really going to kill anyone, but I am surely fantasizing about it.

RNwannabe

Chronic Cat Collector
Feb 2, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟523.00
Boy do I know how you feel! You just see red :mad:

Father, we come before you today and ask that you would supply Warrior the transportation that is needed.
We ask that you would impress upon the mechanics that while they are taking their sweet time, that someone really needs them to do their job and start being honest about what they are doing.

We ask that Warrior's car would be returned as good as new and as quickly as possible.
We thank and praise you for taking an interest in our daily lives. And that the things that matter to us, matter to you as well.
We ask these things in Jesus name.
Amen.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
Warrior for Jesus, I wish you lived closer to me, I am a mechanic and could probably fix it for you :(

I will pray that you stop getting the run around, and that you have safe transportation until you get your car back. Oh yes and I will pray that you stop having fantasies about killing some mechanics ;)

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
but I will never do business with them again and I will let everyone who needs car repairs now how these guys treated me. That is how it all works, isn't it?
That's right, if you received really bad service or were lied to, it would be right to expose this shop for their deceptions. What exactly happened?

Upvote 0
My dad bought me a 1997 Buick LeSabre in December. He paid way too much for it, but it is a really nice car. It has over 200,000 miles on it now. The last thing dad said to me before he drove back home was, "Be sure to get the oil changed regularly."

Now, hoping to be a rather obedient child, after I had put 3000 miles on the car, I went to a Valvoline place and had the oil changed. Being naive about cars they tried to sell me a bunch of services I just didn't need. Anyway, after spending $40.00 there, I went home, piddled around, picked the kids up from school. Then I drove about 5 miles to the public library to get the kids to focus on homework as opposed to television.

As I was driving home with children in tow, I heard a noise. I was driving by a construction site so I thought something had probably hit the car. What do I know? Well, the battery light came on, and using the analyzing skills that God provided me with, I deduced there was something wrong with the electrical system since the car was still running. My kids, pre to early teens (2) were saying, "We ought to stop." I didn't. I was so put off. I figured it was something the people at the Valvoline place had done.

Anyway, I drove about 10 miles or more with no power steering, no power brakes, everytime I stopped the car died and was a bear to start up again. Every warining light came on, but I ignored them. The overheating light came on, and as I just had paid the men at the Valvoline place to put radiatior fluid in and fluid in the overflow resevoir, I knew that light couldn't be right.

The oil light came on and I KNEW that was wrong. I mean, they had just put 5 quarts in the dang thing.

Needless to say, my not so good judgement is costing me a rebuilt engine.

As it goes, the 3 mechanics, Pete, George, and Angelo would not even pick up my car from my regular mechanic, Ron, until after they received a hefty "deposit". Seeing as how I can't afford a whole lot, my dad, (knight in shining armor that he is) sent the check. But I was already a week without my car by this time.

My mechanic said Pete would be working on my car and that he was good. Ron said the car would be ready in about 2 weeks. Ron told me the total price but said the price could be higher if there were any other parts that needed replacing, such as water pump, intake manifold, etc. So a week after Pete had my car, I called to see how much more it was going to cost so I could get my dad to send the check so I could have the car as soon as it was ready. They put me off for over a week telling me to call them tomorrow. Turns out they had the car for 3 weeks before they even started to work on it. That is why I am so mad. It was supposed to be done a week ago Friday, and then this past Friday. It was explained that there were about 5 or 6 cars ahead of mine, which I would have dealt with if they had told me that upfront. They also explained they had problems with one of their mechanics (which is their problem and not mine). They explained the parts didn't get shipped overnight. And now, unless Pete dies, I will have the car on Monday. A whole 3 and a half weeks after they picked up the car. And I was told it would only take 2 weeks. ARGH! And that is why I want to break their kneecaps.

Upvote 0

OldBadfish

Dec 30, 2001
Montana
✟12,709.00
When you heard this "noise", and the engine was still running did it 'sound' normal? Was the engine knocking or making funny noises while it was running, or did the engine sound OK, with just all the functions lights on?

Did the mechanics tell you what happened? I'm curious as to what the mechanics told you was the problem.

Upvote 0
Badfish, you probably know this but I'm going to say it anyway. A lot of cars are now being made with what is called "Serpintine" belts. I rarely look under the hood of any car, except to check the oil. I don't look around alot because I never know what I am looking at.

The noise I heard was the belt coming off, the belt that drives everything. Needless to say, I roasted the engine. A car is not safe with me. Yes, I am a safe driver, but cars never last long in my care. But I am going to make a concerted effort to keep this car running and running well for a few years at least.

BTW, I got my car yesterday at lunchtime. It drives like new. The mechanics did a very good job on it (I just wish they had been upfront with me.)

Last night was the first night of freedom I had in a long time. I took the kids out to dinner and bought my daughter some birthday presents. I hadn't been able to get out to the store before now and her birthday was last week.

Thanks to all who prayed. I do appreciate it a lot.

Edited for grammatical reasons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.