Can Satan be present in many places at once?

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I get the impression that in Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind" it talks about Satan having a presence in many people's minds at once. I thought Satan was an angel that would only have one location/focus at a time.... and in the Old Testament in Job and in the Garden of Eden story it seems Satan only has one location/focus. Same with the temptation of Jesus. It talks about Satan ruling the world - I got the impression that maybe Satan is controlling things indirectly through his minions.
Joyce Meyer's book about Satan's semi-omnipresence only reminds me of God's abilities - I haven't heard of any other similar beings. Also in the Bible it seems angels only have a singular presence.

Also on the topic of Satan:
Four out of ten Christians (40%) strongly agreed that Satan “is not a living being but is a symbol of evil.” An additional two out of ten Christians (19%) said they “agree somewhat” with that perspective. A minority of Christians indicated that they believe Satan is real by disagreeing with the statement: one-quarter (26%) disagreed strongly and about one-tenth (9%) disagreed somewhat. The remaining 8% were not sure what they believe about the existence of Satan.

Last edited:

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
@JohnClay

Satan can only rule, or be present, only when and where God allows, which is why we need to make sure we are truly following the true God, as we need His protection, etc.

God also may only allow only a temporary presence at some times also, but then after that, or after the deed is done, he is told he can no longer be there, or has to leave, or has to get out, etc, and this is all only always according to only God alone's higher and ultimate plans and purposes, and how that is all very carefully woven together, which right now Satan has a part in, but one day soon, will not any longer, etc.

It seems that he (Satan) might maybe be able to be in several places at once, maybe, but only so far as God will ever allow, etc. If not him, then him and the other fallen angels working together, etc. But only ever so far as God will allow, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
@JohnClay

Satan can only rule, or be present, only when and where God allows, which is why we need to make sure we are truly following the true God, as we need His protection, etc.

God also may only allow only a temporary presence at some times also, but then after that, or after the deed is done, he is told he can no longer be there, or has to leave, or has to get out, etc, and this is all only always according to only God alone's higher and ultimate plans and purposes, and how that is all very carefully woven together, which right now Satan has a part in, but one day soon, will not any longer, etc.

It seems that he (Satan) might maybe be able to be in several places at once, maybe, but only so far as God will ever allow, etc. If not him, then him and the other fallen angels working together, etc. But only ever so far as God will allow, etc.

God Bless.
It seems like semi-omnipresence/multi-presence is a new ability for an angel. I wonder when Satan might have first had this ability? Is it so that Satan can be more Godlike? (as a false god)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It seems like semi-omnipresence/multi-presence is a new ability for an angel. I wonder when Satan might have first had this ability? Is it so that Satan can be more Godlike? (as a false god)
The only real answer I can give you is "we don't know", etc.

It could be that Satan is or can be semi-omnipresent but only as far as what God will or will not allow, etc, or it could be that maybe he (and the other fallen angels) are not maybe, but just do very, very similar things, so that it only seems that they are, or only seems that they can be maybe, the real truth is that we just don't know, etc.

Satan and his demons are not like God though, and the only kind of true power they really have, or will ever have, will only ever go (or be) only as far as what God either will, or else will not allow, etc, and this has always been true from the very beginning, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,134,740.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I get the impression that in Joyce Meyer's "Battlefield of the Mind" it talks about Satan having a presence in many people's minds at once. I thought Satan was an angel that would only have one location/focus at a time.... and in the Old Testament in Job and in the Garden of Eden story it seems Satan only has one location/focus. Same with the temptation of Jesus. It talks about Satan ruling the world - I got the impression that maybe Satan is controlling things indirectly through his minions.
Joyce Meyer's book about Satan's semi-omnipresence only reminds me of God's abilities - I haven't heard of any other similar beings. Also in the Bible it seems angels only have a singular presence.

I think you can do better than to read Joyce Meyers ...

... frankly, I don't have much to say about the topic of Demonology, mainly because I don't think there's actually enough data to say much about it. But, if I were to extend a fingernail in that direction, I'd probably lean more toward a typology of "Satan" that is more in line with what C.S. Lewis alludes to metaphorically in his book, The Screwtape Letters. Beyond that, I don't think there's much anyone can say about the Devil's inroads into our minds and lives.

I think we can all see the forest for the trees if we just look at modern day Communism, Capitalism and the Mafia long enough and hard enough ...

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't think satan can be in more than one place Like God, but just like there is a Holy Spirit the counterfeit is an unholy spirit or maybe the flesh. Reflecting on the past 30 years the bad spirit is getting stronger and stronger. This is just my worldview.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I got the impression that maybe Satan is controlling things indirectly through his minions.
That may be true. His influence may not always require his personal presence. It is enough for evil spiritus in union with him to be present.

Reactions: Margaret3110
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

A scripture that comes to my mind is Matthew 4:8 Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” How were all the worlds shown? A vision, or as a spirit being, can Satan see and concentrate on more than one thing? I'm doubtful. I doubt most Christians encounter Satan at all, but rather just demons who may lie about their status so we would never know unless god showed us. We see too the angel sent to Daniel was held up 21 days until Michael responded. Was Michael waiting on God? I would think that if Satan has more abilities that Michael and Gabriel would have them too.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,482.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Satan means 'adversary' so whatever adversarial spirit to God you name, be it fallen elohim or human, you have a satan. Hence the reason Jesus called Peter a satan for daring to suggest God's will should not be followed. It is not hard for it to be everywhere as we all posses it and most often follow that adversarial spirit within. It was of course easy for adversarial humans to follow the like spirited gods. Also people often misrepresent the Tempter as being this fabrication of Christianity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
BTW as far as "Battlefield of the Mind" goes, I found the following from the teen version interesting:
Have you ever felt like someone was peppering your mind with questions and concerns like these? That’s how Satan works. He plants all kinds of nagging thoughts, suspicions, and doubts in your mind. He moves slowly, according to his well-laid plans for you. Always remember that when it comes to destroying your life, Satan has a custom-tailored battle strategy just for you. He has studied you for a long time. And he’s going to attack you where you’re weak, where you’re curious, where you’re inconsistent.
That reminded me of this:
Thought insertion is defined by the ICD-10 as the delusion that one's thoughts are not one's own, but rather belong to someone else and have been inserted into one's mind. The person experiencing the thought insertion delusion will not necessarily know where the thought is coming from, but makes a distinction between their own thoughts and those inserted into their minds
Though in the case of Satan it is apparently a reality that thoughts are being inserted rather than a delusion.....

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
BTW as far as "Battlefield of the Mind" goes, I found the following from the teen version interesting:

That reminded me of this:

Though in the case of Satan it is apparently a reality that thoughts are being inserted rather than a delusion.....
When you love yourself in the appropriate way, and have a right view of God and other people in that, but love yourself in the level-headed, appropriate way, etc, you'll find those kind of voices, or thoughts, a lot less intrusive, etc, or you will find them pretty rarely ever being inserted ever, etc. Peace with yourself is the hardest thing to gain, etc. All the rest is already done for him who believes, and walks in that belief, etc.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟31,111.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The media is planting seeds. Schools plant seeds. The government plants seeds. Corporations plant seeds. Yes, I would say satans system is inserting thoughts. The Bible says:
2 Cor 10:5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Upvote 0

Hawkins

Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2005
Canada
✟238,450.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Satan has 1/3 angels with them. Our soul resides in another space being called Hades or sheol. We don't know how fast he can travel with shortcuts in this space to do his cherry picking job. We don't know how this space functions either, it's also possible that he can cast influence to multiple souls at once. Satan can be late to the spot he wants to go though, and failed his 'mission' under that circumstance.

1 Peter 5:8
Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Upvote 0

food4thought

Loving truth
Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2002
Watervliet, MI
✟383,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The Bible gives us precious little information on the demonic realm and what they can do. That said, I see nowhere in Scripture that indicates Satan has the capacity to be in more than one place at once. Satan does have many fallen angels to do his bidding, though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

John Lamb

Jan 2, 2024
Douglas IOM
✟2,851.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Speaking of my own experience, a Christian can be sceptical and clueless of the supernatural one minute, the next, they can be a fully fledged believer. I’ve heard very sound Bible teachers say supernatural/spiritual communication doesn’t happen these days and even make up excuses from scripture. It‘s understandable if they never experience it but every verse in the Bible speaks the truth. It was only this month I have experienced angels in human form that are aligned with Satan. This coming after four Christophanies experienced over 15 months.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

My first statement would be to not take Joyce Meyers too seriously. There are better sources of Christian teaching out there.

My second statement is that, no, there is no reason to believe that the devil has any kind of omnipresence.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0