Can people who disagree on abortion stop attacking each other?

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,626.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Nope^ no dragging involved, I'm afraid. :oldthumbsup:

He has been involved in a thread about abortion. if you truly believe he wasn't participating by defending and giving "agree" and "winner" reactions on the posts of the prochoice remarks, then by your definition he was trying to derail the thread by changing the subject at hand, which is against forum rules.

:bye:
In other words, you can't do what I asked.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In other words, you can't do what I asked.
I asked him to clarify what he was doing on this thread. He didn't answer. That means, he was eavesdropping, and trying to derail the thread rather than engage in the discussion about abortion. (That would be against forum rules.)

He jumped to the defence of a particular poster (see post #1,194) he was lurking on the thread and not genuinely partaking.

Here's another example of him defending the (same) poster:
Screenshot_20230115-143142_Brave.jpg

Screenshot_20230115-143054_Brave.jpg

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,626.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I asked him to clarify what he was doing on this thread. He didn't answer. That means, he was eavesdropping, and trying to derail the thread rather than engage in the discussion about abortion. (That would be against forum rules.)

He jumped to the defence of a particular poster (see post #1,194) he was lurking on the thread and not genuinely partaking.

Here's another example of him defending the (same) poster:
View attachment 326608
View attachment 326609
I would say that pointing out a factual error, particularly one on which your argument is based, is genuinely partaking in this thread.

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would say that pointing out a factual error, particularly one on which your argument is based, is genuinely partaking in this thread.
I disagree. Considering he defended the same poster, against 2 different peoples arguments. Not once did he do the same for the prolife side. So I rest my case. :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,626.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I disagree. Considering he defended the same poster, against 2 different peoples arguments. Not once did he do the same for the prolife side. So I rest my case. :oldthumbsup:
He was pointing out a mistake you made, and he was quite correct to do so. Your conclusion that this constitutes a declaration of his views on abortion is not justified.

Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,626.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Does that change the fact he was lurking on a thread defending comments made by pro-lifers without actually engaging in the thread? No.
He has 44 posts in this thread. How do you figure that is not engaging?

• Winner
Reactions: NxNW
Upvote 0

crixus

the truth shall set you free
Nov 13, 2012
California
✟65,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm against abortion, but I don't attack others who disagree. Government legislation can't stop them from happening. They may shut down clinics but back alley abortions will still take place, even more than before. Jesus will put an end to them when He returns!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Chris04

Aug 6, 2021
Atlanta
✟21,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people just have different beliefs, and that's okay. I'm with abortion personally, since some people have demon children that they weren't supposed to have, and accidentally conceived. I'm a mild example of this, but I've also seen more severe cases of this happening as well.

Upvote 0

David Collins

Oct 26, 2022
Jacksonville
✟6,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Some people just have different beliefs, and that's okay. I'm with abortion personally, since some people have demon children that they weren't supposed to have, and accidentally conceived. I'm a mild example of this, but I've also seen more severe cases of this happening as well.
No one actually has "demon children", and if sex occurred, then they were supposed to have children, biologically speaking.

Reactions: Chris04
Upvote 0

Chris04

Aug 6, 2021
Atlanta
✟21,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No one actually has "demon children", and if sex occurred, then they were supposed to have children, biologically speaking.
Oh yeah, you're right. I'm just speaking from the words that my mother told me, so it may sound a bit warped. Haha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
The antichoice side is well represented, but makes so many facial errors that I'd hardly have time to correct them all.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,132,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I have always tried to be positive.

What can be done to prevent abortions?

First of all, giving people a means of preventing pregnancy when having a child is not feasible. Universal health care would prevent many abortions.

Secondly, preventing child poverty. The sadly temporary expansion of the child tax credit that reduced child poverty by 50% would be a good start.

Third, more help for disabled children. I have talked about my niece with a profoundly disabled child who loses his Medicaid if she earns more than $15 an hour. Get real! This child's medical costs would stress the budget of a Wall St. stockbroker. Their lives would be difficult under any circumstances, but this seems barbarically cruel.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,132,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
James Martin, SJ shows how he bridges the gap.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I keep explaining, you can't give consent to an entity that does not yet exist.

We are not talking about a person who is a stranger outside of your body doing something to you. The egg is part of the woman's body and the sperm is part of the mans body. The new person formed is a a part of them both. The same way someone who is about to cut themselves with a knife doesn't ask their hand for permission. You don't ask your egg for permition to become fertilized, you know it can and you take steps to prevent it. The brain already knows the outcome of causal sex may be pregnancy ot a sexually transmitted disease, it just ignores those possible outcomes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But it doesn't exist yet at the time in question.
It exists as soon as sperm meet egg. Many things occur in the body as a result of actions you take. If you eat large amounts of sugar and carbs don't be surprised when you put on weight. Egg and sperm meeting are a natural part of the body working. It is like gaining weight from carbs completely avoidable when responsibility is taken.

Upvote 0

coffee4u

Dec 11, 2018
Australia
✟158,062.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Consent is giving permission. That takes a conscious act. If they were giving consent there would not be not be an issue with the resultant pregnancy. Since there is an issue it is an indication no consent was given. You can't simply claim "consent" by fiat.

You don't ask your body for consent. You understand how it works and take the needed steps to avoid things you don't want before they happen. You don't jump off a 2 story balcony and bemoan your broken ankles, you take the stairs and avoid breaking your ankles.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
We are not talking about a person who is a stranger outside of your body doing something to you. The egg is part of the woman's body and the sperm is part of the mans body. The new person formed is a a part of them both. The same way someone who is about to cut themselves with a knife doesn't ask their hand for permission. You don't ask your egg for permition to become fertilized, you know it can and you take steps to prevent it. The brain already knows the outcome of causal sex may be pregnancy ot a sexually transmitted disease, it just ignores those possible outcomes.
Which does not directly address my point that you can't give consent to an entity that does not yet exist.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It exists as soon as sperm meet egg.
Which is much later

Many things occur in the body as a result of actions you take. If you eat large amounts of sugar and carbs don't be surprised when you put on weight. Egg and sperm meeting are a natural part of the body working. It is like gaining weight from carbs completely avoidable when responsibility is taken.
If you gain weight, you can have it surgically removed.

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don't ask your body for consent. You understand how it works and take the needed steps to avoid things you don't want before they happen. You don't jump off a 2 story balcony and bemoan your broken ankles, you take the stairs and avoid breaking your ankles.
If the railing fails and you fall off the stairs, you go the the hospital. Contraception are the steps one can take to avoid pregnancy. But if it fails, as it does at least 1% of the time, there are steps that can be taken.

Upvote 0