Leah71

Sep 6, 2012
None of your business
✟1,162.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Can a Christian trust a non-Christian ever? I see many here view non-Christians as vile, immoral, degenerates. Worthy of scorn at best and violent 'rebuke' at worst. That, certainly, is my experience in dealing with your kind.

Given that, can non-Christians be trusted in the slightest? Can non-Christians be trusted in contractual agreements? Do non-Christians require some other legal document when dealing with Christians in the realm of evil man-made laws and evil man-made courts?

I doubt I will respond or reply to any posts. However, if you are not upset, angered or offended in anyway, I may post a follow up question. If that is permissible?

Thank you for your time. (good bye)

Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Sorry you have run across that. It sounds like a few people have been very cruel to you.

On forums, a lot of venting goes on by people who don't necessarily represent a group well. It is like saying that all Christians destroy abortion clinics, when in reality it is only one or two vigilantes who make the news. They don't represent the whole, and were probably advised by their friends not to go overboard.

In a normal week, I confide in non-Christians about my personal struggles, and trust them for wise advice.

I work with people of many faiths, and those who have no interest in religions. Most Christians have atheists in their families, and some have married people of different faiths.

I am not sure what the references to laws and contracts are about, so am not sure how to answer that question.

Christianity represents 2.4 billion people in this world, so we are not all going to match, or support what each other says, or believe the same things. Even on the forum, you will see Christians continually disagree with each others' approach.

There are extremes in any group of people, wherever you go.

That does not make it right, whatever people have said against you.
Feel free to explain more.

Upvote 0
A

aChildOfMary

There are humans of good will out there you know.
They may not always be Christians, but some people who do not possess a faith in Christ as their saviour are gentle and very pleasant human beings.
I think as long as they keep their heart open to God and/or his voice they will be able to get influenced by His mighty Spirit even though they haven't repented yet.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Personally, I have a hard time trusting anyone - Christian or not. I've been burned by Christians and non-Christians. In fact, sometimes I steer clear of "Christian" companies because I think they're just touting that label to get me in the door (so to speak).

People generally have some sort of morals, and it doesn't matter if they're Christian or not. Some people's morals are high such that they won't betray you, and some aren't so high. Sadly, I don't think there's a correlation between high morals and Christianity (though I think there should be).

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Can non-Christian be trusted at all?
Can a Christian trust a non-Christian ever? I see many here view non-Christians as vile, immoral, degenerates. Worthy of scorn at best and violent 'rebuke' at worst. That, certainly, is my experience in dealing with your kind.

Given that, can non-Christians be trusted in the slightest? Can non-Christians be trusted in contractual agreements? Do non-Christians require some other legal document when dealing with Christians in the realm of evil man-made laws and evil man-made courts?

I doubt I will respond or reply to any posts. However, if you are not upset, angered or offended in anyway, I may post a follow up question. If that is permissible?

The problem isn't whether or not one is Christian but that we are all human, which means we are prone to sin - non-Christian and Christian.

Selah.

Upvote 0

Vollbracht

Aug 30, 2014
✟8,399.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Private
Ultimately, the foundation of trust rests in God as being sovereign over creation and that all things work together for good to those who love Him; for without faith it is impossible to please Him.

Arguably the center of the Bible is Psalm 118:8, "It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man." Also consider Jesus in regards to trusting either men (John 2:24-25), Judas (Mt. 26:25), Pilate (John 19:10-11), or even the Devil (Mt. 4:9).

The trust a Christian gives to a non-Christian or even a Christian neither begins nor ends in that person, but in God Almighty alone, so that, no matter the outcome, the faith is preserved.

For example, I can trust a non-Christian doctor to cure me from life-threatening illness, but that trust is based on the God that made that doctor. So, since my faith does not rest in his ability to cure me, if he should fail to cure me, I have lost nothing because I gave him nothing. By giving God that trust, I can rest knowing that whether I live or die it is because He wanted it that way, and I can then rejoice either with a shout or a whimper knowing the love of God.

Of course, words are easily spoken by man...

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Not all Christians are living in line with the essence of Christianity. At its essence Christianity says that we are ALL vile and immoral. All of mankind has rebelled against God and seeks autonomy from His rule.

Christians, if they be true to the gospel, understand that they are saved by grace, not because they are better than anyone else; therefore, a Christian should never look down on anyone.

To become a Christian, the only thing you need is need. The only thing you need is nothing, but most people don't have it.

Reactions: parsley
Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens

Yes.

In fact I doubt a anyone could get through a day without.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

The answer to that is, yes, they can be trusted somewhat. But because atheists as well as World Religions do not experience the inward reconstruction, re-creation, quickening of the Soul to the things of God and his character / moral mandates / and specific compass for doing life which are all congruent with having Christ living in ones Soul.....it is obvious, biblical, and experiential that such People will not be as trustworthy as fellow saved and Born Again Followers of Christ. The Bible confirms this , personal experience validates this , and independent unbiased Scientific Studies support this to be factual . Humanists based on their own ideologies of demanded moral relativism naturally goes against absolute moral laws and so the abiding by them ; World Religions such as Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism typically obtains a higher propensity toward practiced morality ...at least as much as the practicing of religion can produce. Real inward change can only come from a power beyond Ourselves and a power that is guaranteed from an infinite Being promising his Spirit to be meshed with ours starting with getting our sin account taken care of according to his exclusive way . Atheism and other World Religions are void of this particular power because they are worshipping and abiding by a false Religion or Philosophy. The reasons why Christ is exclusive in this particular matter of inward change via his dispensed Power is because he has done what no other Person in history has done , and the things he has accomplished are of historical fact thereby dismissing all other competing Religions and man made philosophies to live by (ie : evidence of his sinless life, death, burial, and eye witnessed resurrection from the dead) .

The only person that can be trusted fully and completely is our Creator because he is infinitely moral, ethical, pure, righteous to which No One can compare .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NamelessHero

Living in the past, going nowhere fast
Aug 27, 2014
In the corner, where spiders nest.
✟20,802.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I'm not a Christian (Although I am trying to be one) and I would say you can trust me. I keep my promises and protect people I care about. I wouldn't say you can trust me 100% because I am human and I'm not perfect but I try to be the best person i can be.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Trust in each individual is earned.

But sometimes Christians enter a Christian group with relief that everyone is operating under the same premise. It's not completely true, but enough that there's some form of mutual accountability.

When that trust is broken, people tend to get disillusioned and move on to another group that is a closer match to what they believe in, or how they feel people should interrelate.

There are certain Christians I have learned not to trust, because of their choice to gossip, or slander, or "borrow" too many things. But if they are intent on serving God, I can trust that He will convict them over time, and they will eventually see what they're doing to people.

It is not the choice to be Christian or not that automatically makes a person worth collaborating with.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

But sometimes Christians enter a Christian group with relief that everyone is operating under the same premise. It's not completely true, but enough that there's some form of mutual accountability.

When that trust is broken, people tend to get disillusioned and move on to another group that is a closer match to what they believe in, or how they feel people should interrelate.

There are certain Christians I have learned not to trust, because of their choice to gossip, or slander, or "borrow" too many things. But if they are intent on serving God, I can trust that He will convict them over time, and they will eventually see what they're doing to people.

It is not the choice to be Christian or not that automatically makes a person worth collaborating with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not a Christian (Although I am trying to be one) and I would say you can trust me. I keep my promises and protect people I care about. I wouldn't say you can trust me 100% because I am human and I'm not perfect but I try to be the best person i can be.

Could you please explain how you are trying to become a Christ Follower yet you are not One yet ? Thanks.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Non-Christians are human the same as Christian. We all sin and fall short of God's expectations of us, thus the need for a Savior.
I have a lot of non-Christian friends I trust but that's because I know their character personally.

This is true, but, when you examine the lives of your genuine Born Again / Made Anew Christian Friends , don't you see a difference in behavior versus a person of the World (an Unbeliever) ? The Bible lists distinct differences between the two .

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Then, it is Gods subsequent power in conjunction with a genuine Christians cooperation that should make the Person one of greater character (?)

Upvote 0
N

NannaNae

first of all christians speak about a principles and laws results of sin , and what the principles of sin is >>( we do it because it is what OUR Lord tells us to do ) >>> so do you think we are talking about you? because you are vain? really we don't know what you are doing.
but what you just proved by your statement is that you FEEL guilty when anyone talks about sin .
and we know that the innocent don't feel guilty for no reason.. and we all know that feeeeling guilty and fear is a warning light that something is wrong...... talking about sin with the innocent is just another subject, a theory of laws which if found are to be challenged in us and overcome with OUR Lords help.

so you are either so narcissistic that you think everyone is talking about you always or you are guilty of most every sin God has ever condemned. so take your pick! but just keep talking and we all will know for sure because you will tell us !

either way if we all stop talking about sin , and the theory of sin.. the results of sin on the soul or whatever... if we all stop..., I doubt it cures your Guilty feeeeelings or your narcissism which ever the case is ..

either way ONLY Jesus can fix what is broke in all of us .
please go to him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.