Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Conscience and 'love' and emotion might not have any connection in obedience to YHWH abiding in Y'SHUA.
NEVER follow emotion. NEVER, no, not ever.
(I believe that is a safe reminder, rule and necessity to avoid being deceived; verified throughout GOD'S WORD)

Conscience , though, ? Yes >>
Even the gentiles who are without TORAH may do what is right by their conscience as NOTED IN ROMANS.
While even the Jews with TORAH may do what is wrong (I forget what exactly is written in ROMANS).
Love and one's conscience are often tied together.

Emotions are human, and sometimes are genuine and are not to be ignored. Emotions are to be sifted through and tested, one should test one's feelings to see whether they're genuine and in-genuine.
However, many people do focus on such things too much and are deceived. Like I said, things sometimes need to be tested when they are not clear.

If it contradicts scripture, it's certainly not genuine. Scripture is a guide, but one's genuine feelings and conscience can also be as well. The two/three often work together, in my humble opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Love and one's conscience are often tied together.

Emotions are human, and sometimes are genuine and are not to be ignored. Emotions are to be sifted through and tested, one should test one's feelings to see whether they're genuine and in-genuine.
However, many people do focus on such things too much and are deceived. Like I said, things sometimes need to be tested when they are not clear.

If it contradicts scripture, it's certainly not genuine. Scripture is a guide, but one's genuine feelings and conscience can also be as well. The two/three often work together, in my humble opinion.
Thank you,
yes, good - as you know and have said "test everything" and don't accept anything until it is known not to contradict GOD'S WORD.
Concerning emotions and feelings - we can rejoice and be free and carefree beyond our wildest imaginations as we abide in Y'SHUA(JESUS)'s LIFE daily and wonderfully (this too is HIS doing).
The main important WORD on this may be
this: ( a few versions from biblegateway included for wholeness/ not to complicate this/ for a more clear understanding of the broad scope involved)
2 Corinthians 10:5
KJ21
casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ,
ASV
casting down imaginations, and every high thing that is exalted against the knowledge of God, and bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ;
AMP
We are destroying sophisticated arguments and every exalted and proud thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought and purpose captive to the obedience of Christ,
AMPC
[Inasmuch as we] refute arguments and theories and reasonings and every proud and lofty thing that sets itself up against the [true] knowledge of God; and we lead every thought and purpose away captive into the obedience of Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One),

• Winner
Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Whenever a man is called by Y'SHUA to follow HIM,
he is called to die.
All of his so-called 'rights' go to the cross whenever he is immersed in Y'SHUA'S NAME.
When someone is PURCHASED by the BLOOD OF CHRIST THE LAMB WHO WAS SLAIN,
we belong totally to HIM; we are HIS - every bit - every part - every thought - every dream - and our hands, feet , eyes, brain and body - all are HIS. Our past, present and future is HIS - we are no longer our own.
How does that relate to what I said?

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I just ask, I am not going to marry my cousin.
Genetically, better don't have children.
Is it incest?
It isn't classified as incest but if it feels like incest then it's better to avoid it.
I had some first cousins on my father's side who were very attractive and the feeling of incest never crossed my mind. However, I had female 1st cousin on my mother's side whom I could never imagine myself in an amorous relations with. She sounded too much like my mother and even had her peculiar mannerisms and general personality. So that was an insurmountable barrier which kept her at the sister distance.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It can't be immoral if there's love (true love).

Just sayin'. Love is one of the main ways of being able to tell and know God's will. Love is often a guide.

Not saying this applies to OP, just felt like commenting on your comment since you posted it twice.
Well, you can have true love or at least believe that you have true love with your mother, father, sister, brother, or someone else's wife or husband. That doesn't justify having a romantic relationship or sexual activity with any of them.

• Winner
Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Well, you can have true love or at least believe that you have true love with your mother, father, sister, brother, or someone else's wife or husband. That doesn't justify having a romantic relationship or sexual activity with any of them.
"at least believe" being the right thought.

But true love can't be immoral. Love and evil can't coexist.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Human beings are awfully good at polluting what is noble. You can have "agape" love for someone which is motivated by your hatred for something or someone else. You can treat someone you're in a relationship with as well as anyone ought to treat their spouse, without any regard for the other person your SO is also in a relationship with. No, "true love" is good, but its presence alone is not an indicator of morality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If you don't mind my asking, how did that happen?
The two branches of the family, both with the same surname, had become separated. My mother's mother began to wonder whether her surname, which was the same as my father's meant a family relationship. Her memory about family origins and history began to click and she began to suspect that there indeed seemed to be a link. So she took a trip to the countryside where she suddenly remembered that the other branch was and came back with the news that indeed their was a family relationship and that they were second cousins. But by that time they were both deeply in love or at least they felt deeply infatuated and really didn't care. Also, second cousins aren't that close so I guess that helped as well.

How did the incessant arguing happen? My father was a philanderer and that initial philandering during their courtship and honeymoon led to a 20 year-long resentment on my mother's part which gradually intensified and ultimately resulted in divorce.

There is a saying in Spanish about cousin amorous relationship that goes: "Los primos se experimen!" Literal meaning is: "Cousins obliterate one another." My parents unfortunately proved to be prime example of that saying. [no pun intended]

Ironically physically my mother resembled a very typical Taina Indian and my father a very typical Spanish Conquistador. The battle of the two groups condensed into two persons furiously going at each other's throats! The only thing lacking was the armor, swords arrows and tomahawks. LOL!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

That is another kind of love, eros.
Love between family isn't called Eros.
It is called Filia.
From which we get the word filial and the city name Philadelphia meaning city of brotherly love.

Philia (/ˈfɪljə/ or /ˈfɪliə/; Ancient Greek: φιλία), often translated "brotherly love", is one of the four ancient Greek words for love: philia, storge, agape and eros. In Aristotle's Nicomachean Ethics, philia is usually translated as "friendship" or affection.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philia

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You make it sound like one's conscience can't be a guide between choosing right or wrong.
Anything not done in true biblical faith is a sin.

"Without faith it is impossible to please HIM..."
"... whatever is not from faith is sin."

And we get that faith from listening to God's voice; not our own conscience.

"Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the [spoken] word of God."
"Today if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts ..."

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The daughter of my mother's sister, can I marry her?
Anything immoral with that if both of us fall in love?

According to your own user information you be married already...you need to honor your wife and stop seeking another woman.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In my own opinion, two people should be greater than second cousins. Starting with yourself, count the number of generations to your most recent common ancestor, and then from there to the person you are looking to marry. A second cousin would be 6 degrees of separation. As such, I recommend at least 7 degrees of separation.

New blood in a gene pool is a good thing.

Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The daughter of my mother's sister, can I marry her?
Anything immoral with that if both of us fall in love?

Cousin marriage is a bad idea genetically. Traditionally, the Church has forbidden it, and it is illegal in about half the US states.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I encourage you to read your bible.

I Chronicles 23:22, Eleazar's daughters married their first cousins.

Milcah was married to her cousin, Nahor. They had a grand daughter named Rebekah. In Genesis 24:48-51, the story unfolds...

However...you should check the laws where you live to see if it's legal there for such relatives to marry...I know that in the USA in some places first cousins can't marry.
There be some restrictions on first cousin marriages in the other states specially if they be double first cousins....this results when siblings(example: two sister marry two brothers from another family, ...their offspring/children will be double first cousin.)

I still think it's a good idea to have blood tests done prior to marrying anybody these days...since some have unwittingly married their own cousin, aunt, uncle, sibling etc.. not forgetting that too many fooling around and producing offspring on the sly.
I know a woman who is the result of brother and sister relationship, also know of an aunt and nephew who hooked up and reproduced...they children be messed up. This also be what happens on the indian reservation not far from us as well... a nurse friend goes there and she say it's hurting the offspring; not only are the children very closely related, they also messed up by they relatives who are addicts...sad situations.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
AmbassadorSOP_zpspcfn1xps.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I just ask, I am not going to marry my cousin.
Genetically, better don't have children.
Is it incest?

This forum is designed to give advice to Christians who are struggling with something, not a theological discussion. Is this something you are struggling with - or is it just a question you have about Christian Theology regarding marrying a cousin? Is this to help someone who you know that wants to marry his or her cousin?

Upvote 0