Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Feminism is about culture.

-Scottish men wore kilts
-Romans thought pants were feminine when they first saw them
-Victorian men wore wigs and make-up
-Nowadays pants are for men and women, not much progress for men and kilts :)

In other words were what your comfortable in. Culture changes.

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'll concede to women wearing pants if they start wearing hats again. I think women look so much more feminine in hats AND that has more scriptural backing as the Word talks of a woman's head to be covered as a sign of authority over her.

Now,my mother was raised in a strict protestant denomination(so of course we were too) but she never wore slacks until I was in jr/sr in high school--the same year I was allowed to go to the theater.

Upvote 0

CounselorForChrist

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Pants are the least of issues really (not that its an issue at all). The younger people in churches are so badly dressed I can't stand it. Wearing baseball caps, women in VERY short skirts (I mean like 8 inches long), major cleavage exposing shirts (or lack thereof). Then you got the people using phones in church. Or the ones talking during various parts of the service. Lets not forget the newlyweds frenching and/or grabbing each others butts while standing up to worship. I miss how church used to be.

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I personally wear pants a lot, but I want to get more feminine clothing.
Decide what feminine means to you -- it might just be lighter colors, more pinks and pastels, more florals and swirls. White slacks instead of black. Heels instead of flats. Thinner fabrics. Lighten things a twinge.
There are a lot of little nuances to the overall look, which could help you look more feminine. Check your shirts and jackets -- a slight indentation in the back with darts or a belt can give a less manly appearance.

Stand in front of a mirror, and look at your allover silhouette. What does it tell people? Are your shoes clunky or sleek? Are your slacks adding width to your profile while trying to be modestly loose?

Looking feminine is sometimes a matter of looking softer and friendlier (in people's opinions).

To the question in your heading - I am a Christian, and wear a skirt about once per year. I own some, but dislike heels and stockings, so avoid the whole kit & caboodle.

Upvote 0

fm107

Psalm 19:1-4 and Romans 1:20
May 12, 2009
London, UK
✟61,600.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What does the scriptures say? Well, the New Testament talks about women and what they should wear in this verse:

1 Timothy 2:9
I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety, adorning themselves, not with elaborate hairstyles or gold or pearls or expensive clothes

So the only prequisite is:

1. To make sure that what your wearing is modest.
2. That your clothing isn't expensive (I think about celebreties who buy clothes at ridiculus prices).

So, does your trousers meet the above? Yeah, so don't worry. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,090,782.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Well, what does the Guy say, i.e. Messiah. He always upheld, and as He said, "did not come to destroy the Law and the prophets." The Law says not to cross dress, for men not to wear women's clothing and vice versa. But our culture has changed. In a sense, He wore a dress!

You know what are men's clothes in our culture and which ones are women's. The guys can tell you what they think is feminine, but I bet it differs. What do you like yourself? Why not be yourself as long as you are just (i'm sure you are) wearing only women's things? The main issue is if your clothing is modest. Many guys on here may tell you that.

Praying for wisdom and guidance for you on that.

Upvote 0

MrsBrit

Sep 18, 2013
✟8,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Pants are the least of issues really (not that its an issue at all). The younger people in churches are so badly dressed I can't stand it. Wearing baseball caps, women in VERY short skirts (I mean like 8 inches long), major cleavage exposing shirts (or lack thereof). Then you got the people using phones in church. Or the ones talking during various parts of the service. Lets not forget the newlyweds frenching and/or grabbing each others butts while standing up to worship. I miss how church used to be.

I agree with you. I've seen girls in strapless dresses (in the winter) spending the entire service hauling the dress back up to cover their cleavage. I believe we should dress modestly mindful of the fact that we are in the House Of God and are not there to show off our latest outfit. I see no reason why women shouldn't wear pants in Church at least they cover the legs. The people who talk during the service are very disrespectful of others, if they're not going to listen to the service then why do they go?

Upvote 0

WithLoveFromAlyssa

Love makes a choice, it has a voice...
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere around Nashville <3
✟9,959.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Thank You guys. I have OCD And it makes me obsess over things. I saw an article online saying women shouldnt wear pants its against the bible and now I'm feeling Odd about the whole thing.

Upvote 0

scrofford

God Seeker
Dec 4, 2009
Marysville, Wa
✟8,009.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Some people say yes some say no.
I personally wear pants a lot, but I want to get more feminine clothing. Anywho, what do you guys say?

Well I think Christian women should wear pants...especially in public! If you don't, you might be arrested! LOL!

Now that the joke is out of the way, my answer is yes, Christian women can wear pants. A lot of past tradition has demanded women to wear only dresses etc. This is silly. It has nothing to do with your Salvation or relationship to God. It is outward. Our relationship to God is inward - in the heart.

Now if you'd rather wear dresses, skirts or more feminine clothing, then by all means do so. Just be sure and stay modest in order to not cause a brother to sin in his heart. Following Christ is not about the clothes you wear. It's all in the heart. =)

Reactions: parsley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes- women can wear pants/trousers. The real issue is modesty and wearing what is considered culturally appropriate for your sex. Some pants/trousers are modest and some aren't. Some skirts and dresses are modest and some aren't.

I do wear a lot of skirts more often than not, myself. However, I wear pants/trousers whenever the mood strikes too.

Upvote 0

Max Shade

Feb 18, 2013
Eastcoast
✟2,197.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Some people say yes some say no.
I personally wear pants a lot, but I want to get more feminine clothing. Anywho, what do you guys say?

My wife wears pants when we are motorcycling, kayaking, or hiking & even three out of five work days! She is a Christian, so I have some evidence that Christian women can wear pants.

My mother wears pants about as often as my wife does. . . so there is a lil more evidence fro Christian women in pants.

I have a HUGE collection of Christian women friends, some missionaries, some priests (Anglicans, they do that) and many, many who are . . . . & they all wear pants about as often as me. I am a Christian. I like kilts. I don't wear kilts when they are impractical just like they don't wear skirts when they are impractical. So, by way of anecdote, I have a lot of evidence pointing to Christian women wearing pants.

I'd like to know about people who say Christian women don't wear pants. Unless they are Amish or Mennonite they should be punched in the nose for saying women can't wear pants. The Amish & Mennonites get a pass because it is a culture thing & nothing they can back in Scripture. I affirm their right to maintain a culture. . .

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I live in an area where it isn't even a question. The Pentecostal women wear slacks, Mennonite women wear slacks... a couple of intense home-schooling groups of women wear flowery long skirts, but look very out of place.

In my opinion, slacks are more modest than dresses (and kilts). More coverage.

Upvote 0