Can a Christian please help me?

Lafemme

May 28, 2015
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
That’s really up to you. I would suggest you continue reading God’s word, and join a fellowship of believers. It doesn’t have to be a church, but it could be a bible study group. They can help you.

I don't think God will send me to hell for being truthful though. I think since I am telling the truth and God doesn't lie then I shouldn't be too bad, I hope :/

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't think God will send me to hell for being truthful though. I think since I am telling the truth and God doesn't lie then I shouldn't be too bad, I hope :/

No, not for being truthful. In fact, that’s what He wants to hear from you—the truth. When you pray, tell Him your real concerns. He knows in advance what they are anyway, but He wants us to pray and tell Him what’s on your mind.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bible says women were created for marriage and Are saved through child birth.

The story is a little deeper than that. At the time God was doing the creating. He created
Adam and Eve "from scratch." But since Adam turned his back on God's fellowship
God could no longer be in charge of the world Adam wanted to be in.

So what the scripture is saying is that women "saved" mankind itself by bearing
children. Without the work of women, Adam and Eve would have been the last people.
The role of women is much more important than you currently have voiced in
your intentionally expressed posts.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
i have a serious problem and I don't know what is going to happen to me when I die. I believe in God and Jesus but as a woman I believe God created women to be a helper aka a sexual and manual slave. God didn't care about women but created them to solve the problem that Adam needed to reproduce. God gave the world to men, Adam names all the animals and then even names eve like a piece of cattle. Eve was suffering in misery even before the fall. Women had periods and childbirth was somewhat painful even before she ate the apple. Now I knowledge all this and accept it but what I can't accept that since I was created to give glory to men why do I have to worship God? Why do I have to go to the same hell as a man even though God did nothing for me but make me a slave? My biggest concern is since there is no marriage or childbirth why can't I go back to the rib from which I was taken no heaven or hell. I think it's cruel for God to force me to continue to exist if my purpose was to be a slave to man. Basically I don't want to go to heaven or hell when I die just go back to the rib I was taken. If I pray can God do this for me or will I go to hell for even asking?

I'm really confused about your understanding of God and His feeling toward women. Also, where did you read, here or learn that Eve had pain in childbirth before the fall, or, if she even had children before this happened?

Men and Women are equal under God, just Different.
Women are driven by emotions
Men are driven by logic. Not to the extent that it women have no logic and men have no emotion, but as a basic foundation.
Women need to be shown love,
Men need to be shown respect.
Again, as a basic foundational need.

The list goes on.

As for going to hell for praying something.... we are all going to hell, you cannot do something that will "send you to hell" when your already heading that way.

May I suggest finding a church that you like and then seeking instruction from the pastoral staff as to the real truth's regarding the role of women and men in the body of Christ.

As an aside, men and women are equally loved by God. No husband should enslave his wife, nor wife enslave her husband. Sex us for recreation and re-creation, to be enjoyed by both male and female.

Heaven, for those here who believe it exists, is a paradise, nobody is given or taken in marriage, every day is a new day, there are no tears, there is no wants or needs. It is not a place to fear. Hell is a place to fear.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
i have a serious problem and I don't know what is going to happen to me when I die. I believe in God and Jesus but as a woman I believe God created women to be a helper aka a sexual and manual slave. God didn't care about women but created them to solve the problem that Adam needed to reproduce. God gave the world to men, Adam names all the animals and then even names eve like a piece of cattle. Eve was suffering in misery even before the fall. Women had periods and childbirth was somewhat painful even before she ate the apple. Now I knowledge all this and accept it but what I can't accept that since I was created to give glory to men why do I have to worship God? Why do I have to go to the same hell as a man even though God did nothing for me but make me a slave? My biggest concern is since there is no marriage or childbirth why can't I go back to the rib from which I was taken no heaven or hell. I think it's cruel for God to force me to continue to exist if my purpose was to be a slave to man. Basically I don't want to go to heaven or hell when I die just go back to the rib I was taken. If I pray can God do this for me or will I go to hell for even asking?

No, God created woman to be a helper yes, but not a slave.

http://biblehub.com/1_peter/3-7.htm

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/5-25.htm

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/5-28.htm

So really, if there are men that treat their wives poorly - are they following the true path? Or are they trying to use the Bible to justify their own greed and lack of faith? I'd say those men have a problem with self respect and do not love themselves and so are incapable of giving real love.

Upvote 0

Lafemme

May 28, 2015
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
I'm really confused about your understanding of God and His feeling toward women. Also, where did you read, here or learn that Eve had pain in childbirth before the fall, or, if she even had children before this happened?

Men are driven by logic. Not to the extent that it women have no logic and men have no emotion, but as a basic foundation.

The list goes on.

As for going to hell for praying something.... we are all going to hell, you cannot do something that will "send you to hell" when your already heading that way.

May I suggest finding a church that you like and then seeking instruction from the pastoral staff as to the real truth's regarding the role of women and men in the body of Christ.

As an aside, men and women are equally loved by God. No husband should enslave his wife, nor wife enslave her husband. Sex us for recreation and re-creation, to be enjoyed by both male and female.

Heaven, for those here who believe it exists, is a paradise, nobody is given or taken in marriage, every day is a new day, there are no tears, there is no wants or needs. It is not a place to fear. Hell is a place to fear.

You are very wrong on this. First of all, women are worth less than men essentially. When a woman gave birth to a son she would be unclean for less time than if she had gave birth to a daughter. Sex is for male pleasure only and it's ok to use women for their physical beauty. God even tells David that if he wanted more concubines and wives he would have given him more. Women are collectables, to show off a mans power and strength, the kings of the bible all had multiple wives. In the book of job, God rewards him with prettier daughters then the ones he lost because obviously a woman's worth is in her fleeting beauty. God said he would Increase a woman's sorrow in childbirth not create her sorrow. If a man rapes a virgin he has to pay a couple bucks to her father, a woman's body is not her own but for male pleasure. No one cares how she felt about being raped, Just pay the money and make her one of your many wives. Women were made for marriage and since their is no marriage in heaven, why can't women just cease to exist? I just want to go back to the rib I was taken from, if God forgives me for my sins why can't I just go back to the rib since there's no real use for me? I understand the bible and God better than most people but that's what I find cruel

Upvote 0

Lafemme

May 28, 2015
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian

The list goes on.

Heaven is no paradise for me , it reminds me of the stepford wives where everyone is so high and blissed out where they can't realize what is actually going on.

Upvote 0

Lafemme

May 28, 2015
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Why do you think women were created to be sex slaves? Where are you getting these Interpretations?

God allowed polygamy and tells David he would have given him more concubines and slaves if he wanted them. Moses uses Hagar as a sex slave. Lot offers his daughters to be raped by a mob the list goes on.

Upvote 0

Lafemme

May 28, 2015
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
No, God created woman to be a helper yes, but not a slave.

http://biblehub.com/1_peter/3-7.htm

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/5-25.htm

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/5-28.htm

So really, if there are men that treat their wives poorly - are they following the true path? Or are they trying to use the Bible to justify their own greed and lack of faith? I'd say those men have a problem with self respect and do not love themselves and so are incapable of giving real love.

Love is a subjective term that means different things to different people. But essentially a woman is a slave, Rebekah was praised for calling her husband master and a woman must obey her husband like God. She can be saved through child birth and as a reward she can go to heaven and worship the God who enslaved her. I worship God and I'll do what the Bible says but I just want God to stop being greedy and just leave me alone when I die. Can't women ever get a break or some peace? I have to be a Slave all my life and not even the comfort of knowing that I have the rest of an eternal sleep ? That's horrific. My main question of the thread is will God allow someone to stop existing after death? It's cruel what he is doing to women. It's beyond the word, there is no words for it. Women aren't really human like men but we have to face the same punishment even though we never got to enjoy life like men can

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
You seem to lake some basic understanding.
You cannot go back to a rib because that is something physical. you are more than just a physical body .
there does not need to be pain in child birth . that is a lie of the devil.
that pain was only for eve , not for her descendents.
the helper in the bible which is our role is basically the same as a fireman or a paramedic is a helper.
a better translation would be 'rescuer'

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Merlin

Paradigm Buster
Sep 29, 2005
Avalon Island
✟17,437.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
God allowed polygamy and tells David he would have given him more concubines and slaves if he wanted them. Moses uses Hagar as a sex slave. Lot offers his daughters to be raped by a mob the list goes on.
Yes, God allowed polygamy. A wife is something precious and special .
Hagar was not a sex slave but rather a substitute mother .
Lot offered his daughters in hopes of protecting angels .

much in the bible is not right .but God shows us our failings

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Lafemme

May 28, 2015
✟7,705.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, God allowed polygamy. A wife is something precious and special .
Hagar was not a sex slave but rather a substitute mother .
Lot offered his daughters in hopes of protecting angels .

much in the bible is not right .but God shows us our failings

Moses had sex with Hagar and in this case women are objects to be used for male pleasure hence polygamy. The woman's feelings are irrelevant and only she must remain faithful.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Moses had sex with Hagar and in this case women are objects to be used for male pleasure hence polygamy. The woman's feelings are irrelevant and only she must remain faithful.

I notice that all of your references are in the old testament. Do you ever read the new testament?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟653,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have read both. God never changes, old and new are reflections of his character

So why do you not make references to things in the NT, such as when Jesus forgave the woman caught in adultery? Or how about His love for his mother? If you want to focus more on the OT, we could discuss Esther who was instrumental in saving the Jewish people from being killed.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Heaven is no paradise for me , it reminds me of the stepford wives where everyone is so high and blissed out where they can't realize what is actually going on.

I'm so sorry that this is your view of heaven. When I was very young, I thought heaven would be like church, which to me as a young boy, was boring.... Now that I am an adult and a more informed Christian, I understand the heaven is not boring, not a place of stepford wives and instead of not being able to realize what is going on, we will be hyper aware of all things.

I think you need a couple of good books on heaven. There is no way a human can imagine how amazing it will be.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I believe it was Abraham who had sex with Hagar. It was because his wife told him to. She did this because she believed God was going to make a great nation from Abraham's children and she was barren. She doubted that God could give her a child so she thought that Abraham better sleep with Hagar to start the nation.

Hagar had Ishmael, then Sarah had Issac, the way God had promised. Ishmael is the father of the Arabs. The Jews and the Arabs are half brothers.

Abraham didn't do this for pleasure. This was not God's plan. Abraham and Sarah stepped out of God's plan and did what they thought, as humans, was the way it had to be.

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
You seem to pick and choose what you want to hear. Try reading all of the context. You should also read the NT, you say you have, but have you really? You have a distorted image of God. I will pray that you have some clarity.

Upvote 0