Can a Christian become demon possessed?

blankCrossfire

Hebrews 4:15-16
Jun 20, 2011
✟15,744.00
Faith
Christian
Can a Christian be demon possessed?

Can a Christian have a demon indwelt within them?

Can the Holy Spirit and a demon coexist inside a person?

When a person has repented of their sin and put their trust in Christ, would they still be demon possessed in some fashion?

*Sorry for all of the questions in a single thread, did not want to create multiple threads. Hopefully this is in the right forum to boot :3
Thanks

elliott95

JESUS PRAISER
Nov 9, 2003
Seattle
✟22,320.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think that Christians cfan become demon possessed, which would not be a moral failing, but a violation of their person.
I interpret the indwelling of a demon to mean that the person has made a conscious decision to be a demonic force in this world, and I think there are people like that.
I don't know that the Holy Spirit would ever abandon one of his lost sheep, even the possessed, so I do see demon possessed as not being bereft of the workings of the Holy Spirit.

I doubt that anyone who has gone through a possession experience can come out unscarred, or unsusceptible to further possessions. Any such traumatic experience will leave deep chasms in the human psyche and these chasms have memory.
Nevertheless, people who have had experiences like that have in effect been forged into the hardest of steels, and if the emerge, they emerge stronger than before as a result.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

When a person has repented of their sin and put their trust in Christ, would they still be demon possessed in some fashion?

*Sorry for all of the questions in a single thread, did not want to create multiple threads. Hopefully this is in the right forum to boot :3
Thanks

that is interesting
I am super tired, so this might not make sense to people who are fully awake

the Holy Spirit is in our souls
cleansing us from sin
making us born again
these are actions that happen in our soul, our spirit

demon possession is a demon making you move your arms and legs
making your mouth say things

a demon can not make you sin
only you can make the choice to sin, even the possessed do not have this taken away from them

so I see this as two different things totally
one effects the soul
the other effects the body

so yes, I do think you can be a Christian and suffer from possession

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Job was a righteous man
but God still allowed Satan to afflict his body in all manner of ways

demon possession was not one of those ways
but his family was murdered, his riches taken away from him, and he was given a sickness of boils
so we do see in the Bible where holy people suffer in a physical way from demonic attacks
and as stated in my previous post, demonic possession is an attack on the physical body

Upvote 0

Steeno7

Not I...but Christ
Jan 22, 2014
ONUG
✟22,549.00
Faith
Christian

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Thanks

You're welcome.

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thanks

No a "Christian" being a person that is saved/born again (Rom 10:9) cannot be demon possessed.

They can be demon oppressed, obsessed, depressed, and/or deceived.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Catholic teaching would say no, if I understand this correctly. For a start, every Catholic baptism includes an exorcism.

what did you read in this article that made you think that Christians can not be possessed?

yes, baptisms do include a type of exorcism
and while baptism never has to be repeated
that does not mean that the need for an exorcism may not arise again

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bobinator

Jul 30, 2007
✟11,899.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe a born again Christian can be possessed, but they can be demonized, meaning they can have demons residing in them. Cast many of them out myself. Haven't met a Christian yet without a demon in their life in some way.

In the Book of Job, we find Satan standing before God in his throne room. I don't see the difference between being in the same body or being in the same room. The spiritual realm is not subject to the laws of physics as we know time and space. So there's no use trying to figure it out in that way.

Upvote 0