Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The police officer who arrested a Harvard professor for disorderly conduct said Thursday he wants President Obama, who is the educator's friend, to butt out of the incident.
Cambridge Police Officer To Obama: Butt Out of My Arrest - Political News - FOXNews.com
police report:
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Gates_Arrest.pdf

I think this might play out to be reverse descrimination.
Prominent "black man" arrested
automatically the police are in the wrong.

Reading the incident, I find that the police called to the house, acted appropriately in asking the homeowner to step out and produce some id.
When confirmed of his identity, the police were leaving the area, and the homeowner would not drop the case, and followed the police to thier car.
He was placed under arrest for disorderly conduct, not because he was black, but because he was being disorderly.

I hope this case will show people not to be prejudice. Prejudice, prejudging before the facts are in. The home owner was prejudging the police actions, because he didn't think about how he entered his house, and how it might look suspicious.
The Presisent, knowing the suspect, prejudged the actions of the police, and claimed it was stupid(true but not on the person he said) on the polices part. It was the suspect that was being stupid.
Some police are in the wrong, I will admit this. But it is just as wrong to be prejudice against the police as it is against a race of people.

Anyone can have a bad day, and get overly aggresive, police and civilians.
Don't jump to contussions on either side. There is plenty of time to protest when the facts are in.

I believe this discussion can be civil enough to remain in N&CE.
Please show me I am right.

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I believe the report says it all.
The suspect yelled to the crowd. This action clearly to incite the crowd, or obstruct the investigation.

Acknowledge: the report doesn't say where arrest happened, nor does it say that suspect ever provided id.

Basically, the investigating official can ask id for anyone in the area of a potential break in.(probable cause) Including the home of the alleged break in. Failure to provide id, can lead to the arrest or detainment until such time as id is provided or positive id is made.
You don't know who your messing with.
While true, it shows that he believes he should be treated better then this. Which no one has shown was any more or less then any other person in the city.

POlice in the right, suspect in the wrong.

Upvote 0

jsn112

Senior Veteran
Feb 5, 2004
✟5,679.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Cambridge Police Officer To Obama: Butt Out of My Arrest - Political News - FOXNews.com
police report:
http://www.foxnews.com/projects/pdf/Gates_Arrest.pdf

I think this might play out to be reverse descrimination.
Prominent "black man" arrested
automatically the police are in the wrong.

Gates is a racist and he is going to milk this as much as he can like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson.

If was Gates, I would be very grateful for the neighbor who called the police and for the police to act suspicious. Gates should put himself in the police's shoes.

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Cambridge top cop stands by department after Harvard arrest - CNN.com

Police chiefs understand that it is critically important to have all the facts on any police matter before drawing conclusions or making any public statement," said Russell B. Laine, association president and chief of the Algonquin, Illinois, police department, in the statement. "For these reasons, the IACP was disappointed in the president's characterization of the Cambridge Police Department."
I agree with this.
Obama commented without all the facts. I emailed the white house about this too.
True leaders don't react on emotion, or prejudice. They wait until the truth is found. Then respond if needed.
Obama fed the stereotypical police abusing minority, without knowing that this was the case.

Upvote 0

jaymai

Sep 28, 2008
✟15,379.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if it turned out that Gates set this whole thing up in order to increase his demand on the lecture circuit and get some material for a new book. The unsuspecting policeman who went into the situation not realizing who he was dealing with or his agenda, took the bait hook, line and sinker. Gates will end up making big bucks telling this story over and over again, maybe win a few bucks in a lawsuit.

And if he does cash out, I can see a few copycats. Black folks dressed up as thugs with hoodies in the middle of the night making a lot of noise acting like they're breaking into their own cars or houses so someone will call the police. When the cop gets there (hopefully it's a white one) the "thief" will make a big scene, get arrested, get on TV and write a book.

Hmmm....

Upvote 0