2 Australian police officers and a bystander murdered by 3 apparent sovereign citizen types in Queensland (who are shot dead by police)

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,378.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Six dead, including two police officers, after shooting and siege at rural property

Police have shot dead three people after an ambush at a remote property in Queensland’s Western Downs in which two officers and a member of the public were killed, bringing the total number of fatalities to six.

Earlier in the day, four police officers went to the rural property to investigate reports of a missing person, believed to be a former school principal from NSW [and one of the perps, it seems], and were met with a hail of gunfire. Sources likened the scene to an ambush.

Police returned fire, but two officers were critically injured and died at the scene. A member of the public, believed to be a neighbour, who also responded to the gunfire was killed.

Accounts linked to Queensland police shooter active on conspiracy sites

Online accounts sharing the name of one of the trio shot and killed by police at a regional Queensland property, after the fatal shooting of two officers and a neighbour, repeatedly shared views that Port Arthur was a false-flag event to “disarm” Australians.

Bearing the name Gareth Train — who along with wife Stacey owned the Western Downs property on which the “execution-style” killing of policeoccurred on Monday — the accounts had been active in fringe online communities as far back as September 2020.

On Tuesday, one prominent Australian conspiracist and sovereign citizen figure told followers they did not know the circumstances of the Queensland shooting and “frankly I don’t care”.

“Never forget the costumed thugs opened fire [with non-lethal rounds] on my unarmed countrymen at the Shrine of Remembrance last year!” they said, referencing the Melbourne pandemic protest.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:!!: As is it would be not be horrible in not Australia?
No clue what that means.

That is horrible - means.......

that is horrible.

Hard to assign more of a definition to three words.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,249.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
No clue what that means.

That is horrible - means.......

that is horrible.

Hard to assign more of a definition to three words.
It’s probably even worse for our Aussie friends since they’re not used to it.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s probably even worse for our Aussie friends since they’re not used to it.
Suffer the loss of a life I think is horrible - if one has got used to it - that is even more horrible. IMHO

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This is my understanding but I'm not sure how accurate it would be.

It's a rural area, so it would have been a fairly isolated property.

It would appear the "bait" was a burning vehicle. Two young police officers who went to investigate were shot dead in cold blood. An innocent citizen, a neighbour I presume, was killed when he went to assist the police officers.

So then the police called in their own marksmen presumably from the "Queensland Police's Special Emergency Response Team".

After a gun battle, the three shooters were killed and it was over by 11.30pm.

Six people died - two young police officers, the neighbour and the three shooters.

The young male constable went to a school called St. Laurence's in Brisbane, and I know of at least two people in our parish who knew him personally and regarded him as a friend. Their own children attended the same school.

It's a small world at times.

Chinchilla is about 300 kilometres NNW of Brisbane, the capital city.

One puzzling aspect is that one of the shooters had until recently been principal of a state school, and was regarded very highly.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Mass shooting in Australia!

Absolutely horrible.
Yes I was convinced by some of the posts from that nation that they did not have any of the problems that we have in our nation and we should follow their example.

Upvote 0

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟231,157.00
Faith
Christian
Yes I was convinced by some of the posts from that nation that they did not have any of the problems that we have in our nation and we should follow their example.

Given that it's taken until December to have a shooting where 3 people were murdered I'd say we're doing OK

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟933,032.00
Faith
Atheist
  • Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If you click on the link, a map of the world comes up. Click on the USA and under "Gun deaths by country", 10.95 per 100,000 comes up.

Click on Australia and .92 deaths per 100,000 is the figure. On a prorata basis, the US has about 11.9 times the number of shooting deaths per head of population (almost 12 times the number).

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Six dead, including two police officers, after shooting and siege at rural property

Police have shot dead three people after an ambush at a remote property in Queensland’s Western Downs in which two officers and a member of the public were killed, bringing the total number of fatalities to six.

Earlier in the day, four police officers went to the rural property to investigate reports of a missing person, believed to be a former school principal from NSW [and one of the perps, it seems], and were met with a hail of gunfire. Sources likened the scene to an ambush.

Police returned fire, but two officers were critically injured and died at the scene. A member of the public, believed to be a neighbour, who also responded to the gunfire was killed.

Accounts linked to Queensland police shooter active on conspiracy sites

Online accounts sharing the name of one of the trio shot and killed by police at a regional Queensland property, after the fatal shooting of two officers and a neighbour, repeatedly shared views that Port Arthur was a false-flag event to “disarm” Australians.

Bearing the name Gareth Train — who along with wife Stacey owned the Western Downs property on which the “execution-style” killing of policeoccurred on Monday — the accounts had been active in fringe online communities as far back as September 2020.

On Tuesday, one prominent Australian conspiracist and sovereign citizen figure told followers they did not know the circumstances of the Queensland shooting and “frankly I don’t care”.

“Never forget the costumed thugs opened fire [with non-lethal rounds] on my unarmed countrymen at the Shrine of Remembrance last year!” they said, referencing the Melbourne pandemic protest.
We now know that the 3 perpetrators were ex-teachers who were heavily involved in conspiracy theories and had an evangelical Christian background that enmeshed with their odd world view.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,786.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been keeping up with all the reporting, other than the early articles. I don't know what their beliefs were, but I very much doubt if they will ever get to heaven, to put it politely.

Personally I think that, in the light of divine judgement, they could not believe how stupid they had been.

I say that because I claim that on the night my own father died, he appeared in my room. Most of the time he was looking over my head with either a look of awe, or otherwise trying to hide his face behind his hands. I surmise at those times he was seeing less palatable aspects of his life being played back to him.

But at one stage he blurted out "I can't believe how cruel and stupid I've been!"

Now I don't know if they were normally cruel - probably not. But with the benefit of eternal hindsight which they would have realised very clearly as they faced the judgment seat, and could see the future that awaited them for eternity, I suspect they "could not believe how stupid (they) had been!"

That's what I think, alleged evangelical Christian beliefs or not.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Indeed. The US has about 11 times the death rate by guns as Australia: Gun Deaths by Country 2022

It's been around six days since the shooting. There is already a push among state Premiers (roughly equivalent to US State Governors) to meet to discuss tightening up gun laws across the country following suggestions from State Police Commissioners.

OB

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,340.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Mass shootings are extremely rare in this country. The last time there was a mass shooting in Australia was in 2019.

OB

Upvote 0