ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Then I guess God is not free since he doesn't have the option or desire to sin. I guess the saints in heaven aren't free.

Jason's theology: God lacks free will!
Well, officially call me crazy, because for once I agree with Jason.

God can BE nothing but Holy, Righteous and Just. God cannot be what He is not. What is so great about the option to sin.

If God could be sinful, then there is not an issue between Him and us. The problem IS that He is Holy, Righteous and Just.

Show me in God's Word where it says different? The only one's who sinned were His creation and that did not go well for anyone, least of all Satan and his angels and there being thrown in the Lake of Fire forever.

Upvote 0

GillDouglas

Reformed Christian
Dec 21, 2013
USA
Visit site
✟29,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, officially call me crazy, because for once I agree with Jason.

God can BE nothing but Holy, Righteous and Just. God cannot be what He is not. What is so great about the option to sin.

If God could be sinful, then there is not an issue between Him and us. The problem IS that He is Holy, Righteous and Just.

Show me in God's Word where it says different? The only one's who sinned were His creation and that did not go well for anyone, least of all Satan and his angels and there being thrown in the Lake of Fire forever.
You are not agreeing with Jason, but Skala in this case. Skala was making the point that a being (including God) will only act within it's nature. A wolf will not do anything outside of its nature, like eat a salad. The saints in heaven, who have a fully sanctified nature, no longer sin. An unregenerate man will not do anything contrary to an enemy of God.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are not agreeing with Jason, but Skala in this case. Skala was making the point that a being (including God) will only act within it's nature. A wolf will not do anything outside of its nature, like eat a salad. The saints in heaven, who have a fully sanctified nature, no longer sin. An unregenerate man will not do anything contrary to an enemy of God.
Well thanks for putting that in the right perspective.

I still would not call it 'God acting within His nature' because that is bringing God down to very human terms. I like my statement better and I think it is more true that God cannot be what He is not which is perfect, righteous and holy.

Upvote 0