Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080515/D90MB7SO0.html

Story Excerpt:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - California's Supreme Court declared gay couples in the nation's biggest state can marry - a monumental but perhaps short-lived victory for the gay rights movement Thursday that was greeted with tears, hugs, kisses and at least one instant proposal of matrimony.

Same-sex couples could tie the knot in as little as a month. But the window could close soon after - religious and social conservatives are pressing to put a constitutional amendment on the ballot in November that would undo the Supreme Court ruling and ban gay marriage.

"Essentially, this boils down to love. We love each other. We now have equal rights under the law," declared a jubilant Robin Tyler, a plaintiff in the case along with her partner. She added: "We're going to get married. No Tupperware, please."

A crowd of people raised their fists in triumph inside City Hall, and people wrapped themselves in the rainbow-colored gay-pride flag outside the courthouse. In the Castro, the historic center of the gay community in San Francisco, Tim Oviatt wept as he watched the news on TV. "I've been waiting for this all my life. This is a life-affirming moment," he said.

dmhforJesus

Living EVERYDAY for God !!!
Feb 7, 2008
North Augusta, SC
✟22,323.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I agree - the children will be the most affected. I will be praying that this ruling is reversed quickly. The sad part is that this ruling isn't the problem........it only makes it easier for the problem to prosper.

Upvote 0

dmhforJesus

Living EVERYDAY for God !!!
Feb 7, 2008
North Augusta, SC
✟22,323.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting...

an outpouring of God's Presence on one coast...

an outpouring of the spew of darkness on the other coast...

hmmmm.....

a house divided................and on the road to self-destruction
who needs to worry about the enemies in the middle east when we got 'em in our backyards?

Upvote 0

JAS4Yeshua

Servant of the Lord
Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Marina, California
Visit site
✟64,964.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sad day when the wishes of the people are overruled by 4 liberal judges (who I am embarrased to say are Republicans.)

Our Government is not longer 'of the people, by the people and for the people' it is what judges want to make it.
Unfortunately, this is nothing new. The courts (Federal and State) have been overturning laws periodically for a long time. I can understand and fully support it if a law wasn't constitutional, but this particular law wasn't a violation of either the state nor the federal constitutions.

It is sad and frustrating at the same time.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
quote:
Story Excerpt:

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - California's Supreme Court declared gay couples in the nation's biggest state can marry - a monumental but perhaps short-lived victory for the gay rights movement Thursday that was greeted with tears, hugs, kisses and at least one instant proposal of matrimony.

Same-sex couples could tie the knot in as little as a month. But the window could close soon after - religious and social conservatives are pressing to put a constitutional amendment on the ballot in November that would undo the Supreme Court ruling and ban gay marriage.

"Essentially, this boils down to love. We love each other. We now have equal rights under the law," declared a jubilant Robin Tyler, a plaintiff in the case along with her partner. She added: "We're going to get married. No Tupperware, please."

A crowd of people raised their fists in triumph inside City Hall, and people wrapped themselves in the rainbow-colored gay-pride flag outside the courthouse. In the Castro, the historic center of the gay community in San Francisco, Tim Oviatt wept as he watched the news on TV. "I've been waiting for this all my life. This is a life-affirming moment," he said.

While not the best solution , it is better than before . Our Constitution forbids the government to dictate religion and that is what the government does when dictating marraige . If they can charge for marraige certificates , they whould also charge for baptismal and communion certificates as well as membership certificates to religious organizations .

It would be best if the governments discontinue allowing "marraige" as being a part of any legal document .

Upvote 0

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While not the best solution , it is better than before . Our Constitution forbids the government to dictate religion and that is what the government does when dictating marraige . If they can charge for marraige certificates , they whould also charge for baptismal and communion certificates as well as membership certificates to religious organizations .

It would be best if the governments discontinue allowing "marraige" as being a part of any legal document .

I wouldn't agree that marriage is a 'religious' event because religion isn't a requirement to be married. However, the other things you mention are religious events. I don't really see the connection you're trying to make.

At it's core, this is not really about gay marriage. It's just another example of normalizing sin. When sin is the norm, then only the 'freaks' will live righteously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 12, 2006
✟17,095.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As an attorney, I wonder if God would have a problem if I took the California bar and started doing gay divorces.

I know gay marriage is wrong... and I know that divorces (husband and wife) are generally wrong.... but it seems to me that gay divorces would be great for Christian lawyers. It's not like we would be destroying a holy union or anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Gay means happy according to the Oxford English Dictionary!

I gather you are all referring to homosexual people.

If so, we are not living in Christian countries, rather in secular societies. In a secular society homosexual citizens have rights to freedom too.

We have the freedom to meet in churches, they have the freedom to be homosexuals. If we take their freedom away who says someone else cant take ours away?

I think Christians should live lives of integrity and honesty and set an example to others in good conduct and kindness. Make the gospel attractive to homosexuals by the upright and loving lives Christians lead. Rather than trying to paint them as the boogeymen.

As another poster said, Christians harping on about marriage is very hypocritical because so many Christian couples have got divorces.

Lets talk by our walk, rather than just talk!

:)

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private

If so, we are not living in Christian countries, rather in secular societies. In a secular society homosexual citizens have rights to freedom too.

We have the freedom to meet in churches, they have the freedom to be homosexuals. If we take their freedom away who says someone else cant take ours away?

I think Christians should live lives of integrity and honesty and set an example to others in good conduct and kindness. Make the gospel attractive to homosexuals by the upright and loving lives Christians lead. Rather than trying to paint them as the boogeymen.

As another poster said, Christians harping on about marriage is very hypocritical because so many Christian couples have got divorces.

:clap::amen:

Upvote 0

ShammahBenJudah

Son of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
USA
✟73,073.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

You make some excellent points about how we should deal with the people. But the real problem is very much deeper than that.

Here in the States, it was just a few short years ago that most every state had some type of law in place illegalizing homosexual behaviors. Since that time, these laws have quietly disappeared without the knowledge or consent of the people. These alternative lifestyles have become so heavily propagated that most people have come to accept it as a perfectly normal behavior.

The problem continues as these legislations do invade the church even to the point of telling us what we can and can't say about the subject. They have the freedom to be homosexuals, but we don't have the freedom to be Christians.

This particular move in California is quite disturbing...in a democracy it is the will of the people that defines the rule. But four judges in California exalted their judgement above the stated will of the people on the subject.

I pray this is overturned and I would hope that these people have the sense to remove those judges from their positions. They've proven themselves corrupted and ought not hold such a venerated position of authority.

Upvote 0

dreamingflower

May 11, 2008
At my dining table with a cart of devotional books
✟15,485.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

:thumbsup::amen::clap::wave::cool:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Faulty

bind on pick up
Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2005
✟64,989.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You make some excellent points about how we should deal with the people. But the real problem is very much deeper than that.

Here in the States, it was just a few short years ago that most every state had some type of law in place illegalizing homosexual behaviors. Since that time, these laws have quietly disappeared without the knowledge or consent of the people. These alternative lifestyles have become so heavily propagated that most people have come to accept it as a perfectly normal behavior.

The problem continues as these legislations do invade the church even to the point of telling us what we can and can't say about the subject. They have the freedom to be homosexuals, but we don't have the freedom to be Christians.

This particular move in California is quite disturbing...in a democracy it is the will of the people that defines the rule. But four judges in California exalted their judgement above the stated will of the people on the subject.

I pray this is overturned and I would hope that these people have the sense to remove those judges from their positions. They've proven themselves corrupted and ought not hold such a venerated position of authority.

Agreed.

It's the whole normalization of sin I can't stand and this is just another step in the never ending process. Being gay is not the issue. The Lord can cure that.
1 Cor 6:9-11
Or know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with men, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye were washed, but ye were sanctified, but ye were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, and in the Spirit of our God.
Im underlined certain parts because they pertain specifically to my point. However, there are other sins on that list and I'm against any acceptance or normalization of any of them, especially by law. Accepting this law, is accepting the further normalization of this particular sin.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
quote:

At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (From Phillipians 2:10-11)

http://www.scottishchristianparty.org.uk/

Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing (2 Timothy 4:8)

Good post . For those that look at this as a fight for normal family ideals , why are christians more concerned about homosexuals who by-and-large are *not* christians while ignoring the fact that so many of you christians are adulterers ? Compared to homosexual threads , this is not discussed at all . Perhaps , it is much easier to address something that you *think* is not a problem in your own groups in while ignoring something that you can be reasonably sure *is* in some amount or another .

When was the last time that you heard your pulpiteer talk to their means of livlihood about adultry ? I am sure that there are one or two but not as many that know what is going on in their groups .

Upvote 0

ShammahBenJudah

Son of Zion
Oct 31, 2006
USA
✟73,073.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Keep in mind, this isn't just a Christian issue.

Hundreds of thousands of young people have been victims of sexual aberrations...many many were same sex assaults. These young people grow up with the images of those assaults firmly planted in their minds. To them this notion that "gay is just an alternate lifestyle" is a load of crap, because they know it for the perversion that it is.

There ARE prostitution rings where many of our missing children can be found...and yes...they exploit little boys as well as little girls. These are not healthy "appetites" we're talking about.

It has come to the point here in the states that when travelling, it is wise to avoid the established "Rest Areas" ... in many areas of the country they have become the feeding grounds for same sex predators. Some of you may recall several years ago, noted musician and proud homosexual, George Michael was arrested in a public restroom for "Lewd Behavior". This is no joke...people have been "same sex" raped and killed in our "Rest Areas" along the highways.

The separation of public personal facilities is done to provide for our privacy and decency. But with the fast growing numbers of gays around us, that decency is completely lost. And the law provides for their right to be perverted instead of our right to privacy and decency.

And if we say anything about it, we're labelled "homophobiacs" or some nonsense as if to say that the only thing that's wrong is your own "phobia". All of these are things secular people face on the issue...it isn't just the Church...this is causing real traumas for real people on all sides of the situation.

We don't need more laws to take away everyone elses right to patronize a few. We just need to get Jesus in the middle of the thing!

Reactions: GrapeGirl
Upvote 0

prayergal

Instrument of Peace
Sep 29, 2007
Central Valley in California
✟8,977.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Being a Californian and a person who is having to live under this new situation I must say that I am apalled at the idea of being one of the first states which will lead our nation down this moral abyss. Let me just say one thing and that is this: every nation that has succumbed to the stronghold of homosexuality is a nation that has been historically destroyed. To legalize homosexual unions is to have a haven for their lifestyle which leads to the destruction of family values. Homosexuals do not just want to coexist with us, they want to overrun and destroy the life that we currently enjoy. They want to flaunt openly their relationships in front of us all and teach our children that their lifestyle is acceptable and so we have had various legislation constantly being introduced in the government to make it law in our school districts to teach the children this as young as kindergarten. No, it's not about just letting them have their rights it is about them converting California into a homsexual state. Quite frankly if you give ungodliness an inch it will gladly take everything else. And look what happened in Roe v Wade--our whole nation has been responsible for the murder of millions of children since then. Is this what we want for our future? Chrisitans are salt and light, they are supposed to preserve our society. Peacefully co-existing as the above quote suggests is not the answer. And no, christians should not be getting divorces either--but there are circumstances that a person doesn't have control over such as the spouse wants the separation and you can't stop it. Mistreating homosexuals is not appropriate, No, but sanctioning their lifestyle legally is definately not going to help them overcome their sinful choice either.

Legalizing this is going to make it difficult for Pastors to preach the true word of God. We will see people from all over coming to this state specifically to get married. I've lived in California my whole life and I just don't know--homosexuality is not the same thing as race. The bible very expressly tells us what God says about this. California has definately taken a very grave turn down a very dark spiritual pathway. It is a sad, sad day indeed!

Upvote 0

Mark2010

Nov 9, 2005
✟6,262.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
As an attorney, I wonder if God would have a problem if I took the California bar and started doing gay divorces.

I know gay marriage is wrong... and I know that divorces (husband and wife) are generally wrong.... but it seems to me that gay divorces would be great for Christian lawyers. It's not like we would be destroying a holy union or anything.

Two wrongs don't make a right.:wave:

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.