Should this woman be prosecuted?

• Yes, charge her with a small crime.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give her a criminal killer achievement award.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to the law of the jungle, indeed....
If I was attacking you with what is clearly an intent to kill you and you have no clear means of retreat, you wouldn't use whatever means necessary to stop me as quickly as possible?

If not, fine. That's your ethical position. Personally I take a more practical position on it - and I am far from the type of person to jump to violence.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
According to the law of the jungle, indeed....
It's easy to take the high road when you're single with no children. No parent worth their salt would just let a home invader kill their kids.

Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Give people guns and they will shoot and kill.
I generally don't disagree. I do think that when you have a hammer, everything is a nail. Personally, I think that guns being kept for day to day protection just exacerbates problems and end up getting used willy nilly. I don't think I would ever even own a gun with the intent of just protecting my home - too much of a risk of it being used for the wrong purpose, and, should there be an intruder, I'd be better off with a bat and just making my presence known.

Reactions: RedPonyDriver
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's easy to take the high road when you're single with no children. No parent worth their salt would just let a home invader kill their kids.
You pray for mercy but don't think it's necessary to have it yourself.
I know though, if i had a gun, and i had a burglar in my house...
It's like speeding, because my car can go 150mph but it's illegal...

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The very fact that, as it was pointed out by others, media coverage for this case is scarce leads me to believe that the evidence seems to side with the homeowner.

If there was even a remote chance that this lady was doing 'The Zimmerman Routine', the media would be all over it and it'd be a national conversation/media frenzy just like the other case involving a 17 year old named Trevon...it'd be another media circus just like every other case where an unarmed teen gets shot. We're not seeing that for this case, which speaks volumes...there's apparently nothing juicy that social medialites can sink their teeth into.

Out of curiosity, has anyone found any pictures of this Gwendolyn Jenrette woman yet?

I found a facebook page that I think is hers, if it is in fact hers, I think I know why the typical media circus isn't happening for this one...

Upvote 0

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh no, no, no, no. We should allow anyone to take all that we have and do anything they want to us, and our friends, our family, or any stranger. Never resist, never prohibit anyone from doing any wrong.

/sarcasm

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Now you're being pedantic. "If you have a hammer, everything is a nail" is just an expression, and I was pretty much agreeing with you on a particular point.
O okay, i didn't know that expression, sorry.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
You pray for mercy but don't think it's necessary to have it yourself.
I know though, if i had a gun, and i had a burglar in my house...
It's like speeding, because my car can go 150mph but it's illegal...

I feel no need to have a firearm. I live in a not-great neighborhood...however, I've had things outside on my patio for months...nothing has been touched.

And about speeding...I have a 160mph speedometer in my car...but I like having my license. I save it for an appropriate place.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,206,983.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Oh no, no, no, no. We should allow anyone to take all that we have and do anything they want to us, and our friends, our family, or any stranger. Never resist, never prohibit anyone from doing any wrong.

/sarcasm
You can understand how i as a European shake my head about the lack of gun control / the legality of using a gun by citizens.
Nobody needs a gun

There's a happy medium that needs to be recognized for instances like this.

Obviously we don't want people getting shot over shoplifting...but on the other hand, to flat out suggest that we need to deny everyone access to the most effective equalizer on the planet is an overreaction.

A few of these ladies sum it up quite nicely (and I can't believe I'm linking a scene from The View, I must be out of it today lol)

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And the one that died isn't?
Are you sane?
The person who died is a victim but not because the homeowner made them a victim. They are the victim of their own poor choice. They May also be the victim of poor parental guidance. They may also be the victim of poor social circumstances.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
to flat out suggest that we need to deny everyone access to the most effective equalizer on the planet is an overreaction.
Equalizer?
I don't think dying is equal to being burgled.
A tazer and handcuffs would be better than a lethal weapon.
Civilians shouldn't be able to kill civilians with guns i.m.o.

But you know, i'm European, we only have a few private guns here.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The person who died is a victim but not because the homeowner made them a victim. They are the victim of their own poor choice. They May also be the victim of poor parental guidance. They may also be the victim of poor social circumstances.
Well, he's a dead victim now...

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, he's a dead victim now...
Too proud to beg for a job, chores at the neighbors whatever, but not too proud to steal from his neighbor? There is something wrong with this picture.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Too proud to beg for a job, chores at the neighbors whatever, but not too proud to steal from his neighbor? There is something wrong with this picture.
He deserves to be shot dead?

Upvote 0