Broncos LB Brandon Marshall receives racist, vulgar and threatening letter

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Broncos LB Brandon Marshall on racist, vulgar and threatening letter he received: "Racism still exists"
Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall knew his protest of the national anthem, which consisted of him silently kneeling while the song was being played before Denver's first eight games, would cause controversy and anger. Marshall didn’t expect the type of outrage he received in a racist, threatening letter that he released Friday on Instagram.

"It's extremely concerning," Marshall said. "I wanted to expose that racism still exists. That's the reason I put it out there – to expose what everybody thought maybe was put to bed. But that stuff still exists… We still have a long way to go as people. People still hate each other."

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟325,997.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oh that's horrible. No one deserves that kind of vitriol.

I think it's okay to disagree with Mr. Marshall, though. This country gave him opportunities, and coupled with his hard work, helped make him who he is today -- successful and admired.

I think every American -- black, white, brown, whatever -- should recognize that. Anyone who gets to do what they love and make a good salary should show a little more respect for the country that made it possible.

But that letter was horrible. I hope they find out who sent it and punish that person accordingly.

All good things
Emmy

Upvote 0