Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The left simultaneously applauds Obama for taking the advice of a child while criticizing Bristol's opinions because of her youth.

Oh, I thought we were criticizing Bristol Palin because of her poor life choices. And the fact that the only reason she has a national platform is because her mom was famous for killing the presidential campaign of John McCain.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh, I thought we were criticizing Bristol Palin because of her poor life choices. And the fact that the only reason she has a national platform is because her mom was famous for killing the presidential campaign of John McCain.
It seems more that she has a national platform because she became a target of attaks from some of our liberal friends during the campaign.

At any rate, she's handling it well and making very good points.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems more that she has a national platform because she became a target of attaks from some of our liberal friends during the campaign.

At any rate, she's handling it well and making very good points.

She became a target when her grizzly mama dragged her onto the national scene....

But we may differ on the many things (including things in this thread) but she does make a good point about the stupidity of using personal anecdotes to make public policy. I hated it when Michele Bachmann did it with her mysterious story about a girl she heard of that developed mental retardation from the papiloma vaccine, and I hate it when the Dems do it too. And personally, I think the Dems do it more often too.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
She became a target when her grizzly mama dragged her onto the national scene....

But we may differ on the many things (including things in this thread) but she does make a good point about the stupidity of using personal anecdotes to make public policy. I hated it when Michele Bachmann did it with her mysterious story about a girl she heard of that developed mental retardation from the papiloma vaccine, and I hate it when the Dems do it too. And personally, I think the Dems do it more often too.
Seems to me that it was Palin's liberal opponents who dragged her onto the national scene.

Upvote 0

childofGod1

Aug 21, 2010
✟18,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

childofGod1

Aug 21, 2010
✟18,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Oh, give me a break. What a crock. Do you really think anyone here is stupid enought to buy that? Really?

Upvote 0

Wayte

Oh, you know. Some guy.
Jan 31, 2010
Silverdale, WA
✟18,059.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, give me a break. What a crock. Do you really think anyone here is stupid enought to buy that? Really?

Implying unmarried pregnancy isn't a poor life decision? Or maybe you actually believe Palin helped out McCain's presidential run? I just want some clarity is all, since I don't see how either of those are untrue in this case.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Hmm. Do you really think she gets criticized by The Left solely because she's young? Now THAT would be a crock.

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seems to me that it was Palin's liberal opponents who dragged her onto the national scene.

Bristol Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When Sarah Palin was chosen as John McCain's vice presidential running mate in late August 2008, his advisers already knew of Bristol's pregnancy, which they believed would be a political liability.[2] On September 1, the opening day of the 2008 Republican National Convention, it was publicly announced that Palin was pregnant and engaged to Johnston, the father of her unborn child.[7] Palin's entire family, along with Johnston, appeared at the convention.[7][57] McCain's advisers reportedly thought a wedding between Johnston and Palin would boost the waning popularity of the McCain-Palin ticket.[2] Johnston denied claims that he was being pressured into a shotgun wedding, stating, "We were planning on getting married a long time ago with or without the kid. That was the plan from the start."[7]

She was thrust onto the national scene by Republicans at the same time of the Republican convention. The the nattering class on the Right immediately began applauding her decision for "choosing life". She was dragged onto the national scene by the GOP.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bristol Palin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When Sarah Palin was chosen as John McCain's vice presidential running mate in late August 2008, his advisers already knew of Bristol's pregnancy, which they believed would be a political liability.[2] On September 1, the opening day of the 2008 Republican National Convention, it was publicly announced that Palin was pregnant and engaged to Johnston, the father of her unborn child.[7] Palin's entire family, along with Johnston, appeared at the convention.[7][57] McCain's advisers reportedly thought a wedding between Johnston and Palin would boost the waning popularity of the McCain-Palin ticket.[2] Johnston denied claims that he was being pressured into a shotgun wedding, stating, "We were planning on getting married a long time ago with or without the kid. That was the plan from the start."[7]

She was thrust onto the national scene by Republicans at the same time of the Republican convention. The the nattering class on the Right immediately began applauding her decision for "choosing life". She was dragged onto the national scene by the GOP.

Sorry, but before that announcement some of our liberal friends had accused Sarah of lying about being the mother of Trigg and that Bristol was actually the mother.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, but before that announcement some of our liberal friends had accused Sarah of lying about being the mother of Trigg and that Bristol was actually the mother.

Before the convention, I don't think anyone knew who she was. Except for a handful of people in Alaska.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Before the convention, I don't think anyone knew who she was. Except for a handful of people in Alaska.
It was well known that she was being considered as VP candidate and she was announced as the candidate prior to the convention at which time the rumors began to fly about Bristol almost immediately. :wave:

Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Bristol Palin -- are you kidding me?!?

And just when I thought the American partisan political silliness had reached its absolutely rock bottom, in charges this, what, 21-year-old know-nothing single mother-cum-unwed (reality show?) teen mom & daughter of a once-upon-a-time political hopeful from Nowhere, Alaska.

:doh:

Upvote 0

Grizzly

Enemy of Christmas
Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2002
Tallahassee
✟46,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It was well known that she was being considered as VP candidate and she was announced as the candidate prior to the convention at which time the rumors began to fly about Bristol almost immediately. :wave:

It was well known, eh? I guess we will all just have to take your word for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Trogool

Apr 3, 2012
✟3,694.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Green
Reactions: Kalevalatar
Upvote 0

Kalevalatar

Supisuomalainen sisupussi
Jul 5, 2005
Pohjola
✟20,327.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's always embarrassing when someone decides to air her ignorance publicly.

Being an exhibitionist twenty-something unwed single mom in the Unitd States of America seems to be good for $$$,$$$-business, though...?

Ka-ching, ka-ching, ka-ching....

Upvote 0