Bridal Theology: Please help me with my relationship with Jesus

Seaphias

Jan 7, 2007
✟7,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Bridal Theology. This has been bugging me. I can't work out if there is a possibility of this being true or if this just a heartbreaking lie? I'm half way through Falling in Love with Jesus and I keep getting confused and upset. I believed it at first but now I don't want to because it's heartbreaking if it's not true because after feeling that close to him I have to pull away now and set boundaries maybe? It's technically scriptural but the interpretations are many.. am I gonna get to be alone with Jesus one day or not? Or will we all just do our own thing while he sits on the throne?
I know this is dumb but I can't help but stress about it because I am desperate to cuddle into him.

:doh1::bigeye:
I did post this elsewhere but you can't move or delete threads so...

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Bridal Theology. This has been bugging me. I can't work out if there is a possibility of this being true or if this just a heartbreaking lie? I'm half way through Falling in Love with Jesus and I keep getting confused and upset. I believed it at first but now I don't want to because it's heartbreaking if it's not true because after feeling that close to him I have to pull away now and set boundaries maybe? It's technically scriptural but the interpretations are many.. am I gonna get to be alone with Jesus one day or not? Or will we all just do our own thing while he sits on the throne?
I know this is dumb but I can't help but stress about it because I am desperate to cuddle into him.

:doh1::bigeye:
I did post this elsewhere but you can't move or delete threads so...

Sorry, I never heard of it myself. However, it doesn't sound right to me. Just sayin. Hope someone else has a better answer.

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Why are you stressing about what will be happening in the Kingdom?

I'm not sure of the book you're reading or the "interpretations" of bridal theology, but honestly, I can't see why you can't "cuddle" with Jesus now. After all, we are talking about the spiritual realm, not the physical. I think in his kingdom we will be able to interact with him, and he will not just be sitting on his throne. He has a kingdom to rule and I believe his Sovereignty will be marked with much interaction with his "subjects".

The "bridal" relationship Jesus has is with the church as a whole, not with any one individual from the church.

Upvote 0

Seaphias

Jan 7, 2007
✟7,816.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry I'm terrible at explaining. When I cuddle into him I don't want to let go but be that close with him forever and to feel even closer, and I can feel him, but I dont feel assured its forever because I don't see that happening. I'm jelous but not jelous. I'm not jelous of others but I'm jelous if i cant be with him like that

Upvote 0

ValleyGal

Dec 19, 2012
✟114,245.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Divorced
When it is time to to be with Jesus, his love and his light envelope you....and everyone else who knows him as their Saviour. There is enough of him to go around, and there will be no jealousy because the love you will know is a holy and pure love with the Saviour as well as with other believers. Still, why worry about that now? Isn't it enough to know that he is enough, now and in eternity? For you and for every other believer?

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Yuck. I've never liked this sort of approach to thinking of the Saviour and my Lord, Jesus Christ. One's understanding of one's relationship with Christ can very rapidly degenerate into a carnal, sensual sort of thinking about Christ that is utterly anathema to Scripture if one does not put strict boundaries on what the Bible means when it speaks of the Church as the Bride of Christ. Jesus is NOT your boyfriend. He is present in every believer in the Person of the Holy Spirit who deserves our utmost respect, submission and obedience. Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father and he is our Lord and our God, not a stuffed toy we can snuggle with in bed. It is a very low view of Christ that reduces him to a cuddling partner.

Revelation 19:11-16
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war.
12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself.
13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses.
15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

Selah.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yuck. I've never liked this sort of approach to thinking of the Saviour and my Lord, Jesus Christ. One's understanding of one's relationship with Christ can very rapidly degenerate into a carnal, sensual sort of thinking about Christ that is utterly anathema to Scripture if one does not put strict boundaries on what the Bible means when it speaks of the Church as the Bride of Christ. Jesus is NOT your boyfriend. He is present in every believer in the Person of the Holy Spirit who deserves our utmost respect, submission and obedience. Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father and he is our Lord and our God, not a stuffed toy we can snuggle with in bed. It is a very low view of Christ that reduces him to a cuddling partner.
Interesting. In Benson's Commentary (London 1860s), the preface to Song of Solomon says that the book cannot be taken literally and must WHOLLY be taken as allegory of Christ and the church. IF that is to be true, then passages such as "his right hand embraces me" must be exactly what the OP was writing about.

BTW - I am talking ONLY about the Song in English translation. In the original Hebrew, that phrase describes something wholly inappropriate for unmarrieds.

Upvote 0