Not open for further replies.

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This boy was killed for dressing like a girl and the parents blame the school for his death because they let him dress like a girl:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26218530

If the boy is not allowed to dress like a girl, the school gets it for violating his rights.

If the boy dresses like a girl and gets killed, the school gets it for not being responsible.

Here is a novel idea, the parents bear some of the responsibilty for allowing their child to do this. They had the right to not allow their 15 year old to dress like a girl.

Another idea is for the parents to blame the person who actually murdered their son instead of the institution that has deep pockets.

Family of gay teen slain in Calif. blames school

Allowing boy to wear makeup and feminine clothes led to death, they say

FullyMT

Veni Sancte Spiritus
Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The "criminal" is a 13 year old boy who was being harrassed by the boy he killed. What "should" have happened is the killer should have reported the harrasser, the harrasser would have had to learn his lesson or be expelled/suspended for sexual harassment.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
✟48,256.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This boy was killed for dressing like a girl and the parents blame the school for his death because they let him dress like a girl:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26218530

If the boy is not allowed to dress like a girl, the school gets it for violating his rights.

If the boy dresses like a girl and gets killed, the school gets it for not being responsible.

Here is a novel idea, the parents bear some of the responsibilty for allowing their child to do this. They had the right to not allow their 15 year old to dress like a girl.

Another idea is for the parents to blame the person who actually murdered their son instead of the institution that has deep pockets.

[/b]

the guy with the gun, at around age 15, should of known better than to shoot someone.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
but then, these are the kinds of things that will come out of a state that teaches kids its ok to be gay.

Teehee. You're kinda cute. Stone is such astrong name. Illogical men turn me on. Do you have a moustache? I love moustaches!

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Tragic, but noone's fault but the murderer's. And this murderer kid had the gall to plead not guilty. He's being charged as an adult for murder as well as a hate crime. What's his defense, the loaded gun that I carried to school and pointed at a gay student went off by itself?

Reactions: Annabel Lee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miguel_de_luis

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
✟629.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Tragic, but noone's fault but the murderer's. And this murderer kid had the gall to plead not guilty. He's being charged as an adult

I think that makes no sense. A child of 13 or 15 should never be tried as if he were an adult. He is not, and killing someone is no proof of maturity.

Sorry if I'm offending anybody.

Upvote 0

miguel_de_luis

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
✟629.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
:hugs:

The whole situation really sucks. I'm sorry.

And yet there's something worse that being murdered, be the murderer, or the murderer's parent. (If it is indeed a murder, my only source are the contradicting posts of this thread).

I can't think in anything worse than that.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think that makes no sense. A child of 13 or 15 should never be tried as if he were an adult. He is not, and killing someone is no proof of maturity.

Sorry if I'm offending anybody.

I agree with you.

Everytime a politician runs for office he states his opponent is soft on crime and tightens the noose on some emotional issue like making an example out of minors or sex offenders.

Treating minors like adults is just a political ploy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2Cosmic2Charlie

The "criminal" is a 13 year old boy who was being harrassed by the boy he killed. What "should" have happened is the killer should have reported the harrasser, the harrasser would have had to learn his lesson or be expelled/suspended for sexual harassment.
''

What article did you read ?

I've read it three times and don't see anything about the 13 year old being harrassed.

Although the idea that I live in a country that is so afraid of its own children that it charges a 13 year old as an adult is rather disconcerting.

Upvote 0

2Cosmic2Charlie

You know, with all these new realistic video games, i bet alot of kids are looseing a grip on reality. Isn't this similar to Columbine? Kids being taunted retaliate?

Are you, like, making things up here ?

Nowhere in this article (that I have seen) does it say the 13 year was being taunted.

Unless you somehow perceive a boy wearing makeup is taunting someone.

Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
✟48,256.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is a mistake, in my experience, to assume one's predilections are everyone's predilections

(Is that obscure enough ? I really tried)

I don't think so, and i'm not running a popularity contest either. This is the only forum that i can speak my mind on such issue's, so i do.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.