Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

there are so many people getting killed i am losing track of who is killing who

that head line is from a different news report

“young White man” was shown on video shooting protesters at point-blank range in the middle of a street.

Who Is Kyle Rittenhouse? Jacob Blake Protest Shooter Is Reportedly A White Teen Affiliated With Cops – USA News Hub

this is the photo in the news report of the victims?
who-is-kyle-rittenhouse-jacob-blake-protest-shooter-is-reportedly-a-white-teen-affiliated-with-cops.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
there are so many people getting killed in i am losing track of who is killing who

that head line is from a different news report

“young White man” was shown on video shooting protesters at point-blank range in the middle of a street.

Who Is Kyle Rittenhouse? Jacob Blake Protest Shooter Is Reportedly A White Teen Affiliated With Cops – USA News Hub

I just posted this on another thread. This is the guy who was shot first. He was throwing molotov cocktails at the kid. We don't know what preceded that other than this video showing his state of mind.

Twitter

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!

I call out to the Lord, and he answers me from his holy mountain.

In you our ancestors put their trust; they trusted and you delivered them.

To you they cried out and were saved; in you they trusted and were not put to shame.

But I am a worm and not a man, scorned by everyone, despised by the people.

All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads.

“He trusts in the Lord,” they say, “let the Lord rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.”

Dogs surround me, a pack of villains encircles me; they pierce my hands and my feet.

All my bones are on display; people stare and gloat over me.

But you, Lord, do not be far from me. You are my strength; come quickly to help me.

Deliver me from the sword, my precious life from the power of the dogs.

Rescue me from the mouth of the lions; save me from the horns of the wild oxen.

I will declare your name to my people; in the assembly I will praise you.

You who fear the Lord, praise him! All you descendants of Jacob, honor him! Revere him, all you descendants of Israel!

For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.

From you comes the theme of my praise in the great assembly; before those who fear you I will fulfill my vows.

The poor will eat and be satisfied; those who seek the Lord will praise him— may your hearts live forever!

All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the Lord, and all the families of the nations will bow down before him,

for dominion belongs to the Lord and he rules over the nations.

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I refuse to think of a 17 year old as a boy.

As for this case, he has some self defense arguments particularly regarding the second shooting. The first one is odd because there may have been a second gunman who fired before Rittenhouse and may have spooked him into thinking he was defending himself. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Regardless he's guilty of open carrying while being under 18 and I imagine even if he gets off on self defense a judge is going to lock him up for a long time on that charge just to prove a point.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟829,214.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just posted this on another thread. This is the guy who was shot first. He was throwing molotov cocktails at the kid. We don't know what preceded that other than this video showing his state of mind.

Twitter
There are reports that the first guy shot had been trying to provoke protesters and using racial slurs.

Reactions: Arc F1
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟190,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The kid left his home state of Illinois and went to the protest with his rifle.

He had an agenda going there and should've stayed home.

Sorry, I can't defend this kids actions.

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The kid left his home state of Illinois and went to the protest with his rifle.

He had an agenda going there and should've stayed home.

Sorry, I can't defend this kids actions.
Well then, I guess you won't be on the jury.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Neither will you, so what's your point ?
One of the first questions a prospective juror is asked is if you could find the defendant not guilty. You have already answered in such a way that you are now excluded from jury duty. Even if you did get on by saying you could find the person not guilty they would then have the basis for a mistrial due to your post. That is my point.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟190,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
One of the first questions a prospective juror is asked is if you could find the defendant not guilty. You have already answered in such a way that you are now excluded from jury duty. Even if you did get on by saying you could find the person not guilty they would then have the basis for a mistrial due to your post. That is my point.

I don't live in Wisconsin and wouldn't be called to jury duty there.

Do you live there ?

So your point is moot. We're expressing opinions here based on what we know from the reports. Judging others as you have done to me, isn't part of the discussion.

Hope this helps :D

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't live in Wisconsin and wouldn't be called to jury duty there.

Do you live there ?

So your point is moot. We're expressing opinions here based on what we know from the reports. Judging others as you have done to me, isn't part of the discussion.

Hope this helps :D
Wherever you live you are eligible to be called to jury duty, and if the case is big enough to warrant top flight defense attorneys everything you have ever said or posted online will be fair game. They can now use your posts to either eliminate you as a prospective juror or to get a mistrial in the event they lose the case. Kudos. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟190,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Wherever you live you are eligible to be called to jury duty, and if the case is big enough to warrant top flight defense attorneys everything you have ever said or posted online will be fair game. They can now use your posts to either eliminate you as a prospective juror or to get a mistrial in the event they lose the case. Kudos. Hope this helps.

Great if I can't serve based on what I posted.

I still have an opinion. But you too have stated an opinion that would eliminate yourself, if what you say is true.

However, I doubt a person from another state can be called for jury duty.

Either way, it's not what this thread is about

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Great if I can't serve based on what I posted.

I still have an opinion. But you too have stated an opinion that would eliminate yourself, if what you say is true.

However, I doubt a person from another state can be called for jury duty.

Either way, it's not what this thread is about
Really? Can you show me the post where I said I would be unable to find him innocent or guilty? Thanks.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟190,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really? Can you show me the post where I said I would be unable to find him innocent or guilty? Thanks.

The fact you judged my post is enough for a lawyer to disqualify you. :D

Upvote 0

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟61,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fact you judged my post is enough for a lawyer to disqualify you. :D
wow, so in your opinions only jurors that are incapable of making a judgement can be called to judge innocence or guilt. I take it from this lame response that there is no such post where I indicated, prior to hearing all the evidence on both sides, that I had made a final decision on the case.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟190,668.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
wow, so in your opinions only jurors that are incapable of making a judgement can be called to judge innocence or guilt. I take it from this lame response that there is no such post where I indicated, prior to hearing all the evidence on both sides, that I had made a final decision on the case.

Your the one who started this, so answer for yourself.

Jury duty isn't part of this thread

Upvote 0